Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McNally View Post
    What route are you taking to get to Springfield from NY?
    We're all leaving the Northeast on Sunday morning, and will converge on Fairmont, WV at the Hampton Inn.
    Can you join us?
    BrentC is our "Trail Boss". He can give you all of the itinerary and contact information.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I am hoping to do Spyderfest next year with y'all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I wish you all could come.
    Anyone From the N Texas area wishing to come with us can RSVP on this meetup page. We still have 3 openings left.
    http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-...nts/227537530/
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default SW Michigan

We are leaving Wed. Night 9pm Google says 690mi if we avoid highway and tolls. Just got the bike 2 1/2 weeks ago and still breaking it in 2015 rt-s. We have 450 miles on it now so don't want to burn it in at 75 / 80 mph for 11 hours. Long way gets us there in just over 13 hours. Plan to drive gas up to gas up non stop. Hope to pull in before lunch Thur.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I am coming from Greenville Tx, 390 miles and about 6 hours away plus rest stops. Im coming with my Spyder meetup group. We have maybe 17-20 in our convoy. Cant wait!
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jheck View Post
    Ok, this sounds interesting. Are you guys actually riding your spiders these distances or trucking them as the Harley riders do? I'm not trying to be a smart a-s. I have a 2014 RT but only have 3000 miles on it as I am very leerily about going any distance form home because of all the problems I am reading about. I come from Goldwings and Burgmans and have been cross country 3 times in my life, so long distance is not new to me. I would love to develop the confidence to do that on my Spyder , but the fear of being left side the road at my age because of some stupid DESS or Limp mode has me spooked.
    Ride the bike!
    Get in Touch with BrentC, and ride with our group...
    (Do you know a fella in your Town by the name of Bruce Erath?)

Spyder Garage

Default What Bob said

If your interested in being part of the group from the northeast, we are planning to have a blast and not leave anyone behind, unless they deserve it!

Seriously, if you'd like some riding partners, you found your group. Just pm me I'll shoot you our itinerary and if it works, welcome aboard! We have a big mix of first timers, and seasoned veterans so it will be a nice ride.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Brent!
    Dan McNally is interested our route also...

Spyder Garage

Maybe next year from Alaska. Going to give it a couple weeks each way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you stop in Washington State; I'm pretty sure that Karyl will put on a pot of coffee for you!

Spyder Garage

Default Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We're all leaving the Northeast on Sunday morning, and will converge on Fairmont, WV at the Hampton Inn.
    Can you join us?
    BrentC is our "Trail Boss". He can give you all of the itinerary and contact information.
    Sent Dan a pm, and just to clarify by "Trail Boss" that just means I knew how to use Google maps......
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Maybe next year from Alaska. Going to give it a couple weeks each way.
    That would be great, Dwayne. I hope you'll do it.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Yep actually ryding

Ok, this sounds interesting. Are you guys actually riding your spiders these distances or trucking them as the Harley riders do? I'm not trying to be a smart a-s. I have a 2014 RT but only have 3000 miles on it as I am very leerily about going any distance form home because of all the problems I am reading about. I come from Goldwings and Burgmans and have been cross country 3 times in my life, so long distance is not new to me. I would love to develop the confidence to do that on my Spyder , but the fear of being left side the road at my age because of some stupid DESS or Limp mode has me spooked.
    The 2000 miles to get to Spyderfest. I also ryde a 2014 RT...now have 38k .. absolutely no issues. What "issues" are you fearful of happening? Don't know of any vehicle, 2. 3 or 4 wheel that you can't find a problem with...not all but a few models of everything have had issues. Make sure you have a good roadside. TP and go for it!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

We are planning on driving straight through to Spyderfest. We are not stopping for fuel, food, restroom breaks or rest stops...straight through.
    It's a pretty straight shot of about 5 miles....depending upon traffic...it could take as long as 10 minutes but as always...the journey is more important than the destination! See you all at SpyderFest!

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Sent Dan a pm, and just to clarify by "Trail Boss" that just means I knew how to use Google maps......

And you're paying for meals and gas
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default No wonder I ran unopposed

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    And you're paying for meals and gas
    That would explain why the position was easily obtained........
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

My wife Bonnie and I are looking at 350 miles from mid-west Illinois. This will be her first long ryde in nearly 10 years on our new RTS. We will probably do some 2 and 4 lane traveling. Enjoying the view and making decent time. We will probably leave sometime on Wednesday, haven't made a final decision yet. We are hoping for a new beginning to our touring together again. Looking forward to new friends and adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

A year ago, today, I left my home, 90 miles north west of Washington DC, and rode to Tucson AZ and back - 5,391 miles. I rode a 2013 RT LTD before the recall work was done - and had no problems. Unless you have been having problems with your Spyder, go for it. There are over 100,000 Spyders on the road - and we all hear, 20 times, every time someone has a serious problem. We seldom hear when someone rydes and rydes with no problems - because . . . well, because they are out ryding!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Can you join us?
    I'll look at the route - perhaps I can meet some folks up in PA for part of the ryde. Fairmont is almost 200 miles west of here.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Active Member CarolinaSpyderRyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I'll be tired when I get there

870 miles. Should be able to do it in one day. Yes I'm riding.
    2014 RSS , Sunburst Yellow and Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Heading down form Arena, WI. Says it's 540 miles one way. We're gonna do the trip in two days. Says it's an 8.5 hr drive, but I'd rather take it easy and enjoy the scenery on the two lanes...
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Spyderfest is drawing people from all over the US and beyond. To those that are riding your Spyder to Springfield, how many miles are you traveling and how many days are you going to take to cover those miles?
    1477 miles 24hrs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    We are planning on driving straight through to Spyderfest. We are not stopping for fuel, food, restroom breaks or rest stops...straight through.
    It's a pretty straight shot of about 5 miles....depending upon traffic...it could take as long as 10 minutes but as always...the journey is more important than the destination! See you all at SpyderFest!
    24hrs 1477 miles and I am driving a red rts

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinslow View Post
    24hrs 1477 miles and I am driving a red rts

I wish you luck, but a 24 hr ride (without a rest somewhere in the middle) is really a dangerous ride. Good luck

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaSpyderRyder View Post
    870 miles. Should be able to do it in one day. Yes I'm riding.
    You must be a glutton for punishment! For me 870 miles would be 17 hours by car! I have found that 50 mph average works good for estimating travel time, not including night stop time. That includes rest stops, lunch breaks, etc. Can't quite do that on the Spyder.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Active Member CarolinaSpyderRyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    You must be a glutton for punishment! For me 870 miles would be 17 hours by car! I have found that 50 mph average works good for estimating travel time, not including night stop time. That includes rest stops, lunch breaks, etc. Can't quite do that on the Spyder.
    It wasn't as bad as I thought... it was about 16 hours because I stopped at this great little place called the Rose Garden in Silver Point, TN for dinner. Little bit of rain north of Nashville too, other than that smooth riding.
    2014 RSS , Sunburst Yellow and Steel Black Metallic