Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Coast to Coast Seat

Does anyone have the Coast to Coast seat for the F3? If so, can you tell me what the difference is from stock on the F3-T? I'm looking for a seat that sits me a little lower and further back with good back support.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default I couldn't tell a difference

I bought the Coast-to-Coast seat for my '16 F3 and did several long rides on it. The difference in comfort was almost unnoticeable, which is unacceptable for that much money. So I returned it.

I did buy the BRP comfort seat for my RT, and that did make a big difference, so I was expecting something similar with this Coast-to-coast seat.

For less money, I'm going with the Russell Day Long seat with heated option!!

2016 F3 Limited - Triple Black Atlanta

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi
    Give ole Dave a call....☎️
    I can help you with that and it will not
    break the bank, as low as $79.95 just
    install my Gel in your seat, you can do it
    yourself and save big money
    209-887-3283
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Does anyone have the Coast to Coast seat for the F3? If so, can you tell me what the difference is from stock on the F3-T? I'm looking for a seat that sits me a little lower and further back with good back support.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Check out this thread.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...monster-Corbin
    it sounds like what you are looking for.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Coast to coast seat

I purchased the coast to coast seat because I found the stock seat extremely uncomfortable. I find the new seat is much more comfortable.

Spyder Garage

Default Coast to coast passenger seat

Is the passenger seat on the coast to coast higher in the front than the stock back seat?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm reviewing this as well. I've got a 2017 F3 Limited, and wondering what the difference in the drivers seat there is from the stock Limited, to Coast to Coast, to Cannonball? Is it width, foam quality, etc.. I'm looking for more comfort... Also, any way to buy just the one piece rather than the driver / passenger?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolffspyder View Post
    Is the passenger seat on the coast to coast higher in the front than the stock back seat?
    If you are looking for a thicker foam padded seat the 2017 F3 Limited rear seat might do it for you. I'd say its 3 inches thicker/higher than the 2016 Limited in respect to the drivers seat, and does hold the passenger back to not slip forward. At least you can buy that as just one piece rather than a complete set.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought the Coast to Coast today, but have not tried it. It measures 3 inches wider at the back where you sit than my stock 2017 F3 Limited seat. It has a slightly taller back, and might be a bit flatter and possibly a bit harder foam. The passenger seat is a little thinner, but still slopes backwards towards the backrest. I can update once I give it a try, but raining and 36 out so no riding today.

I'm debating selling my stock 2017 Limited seats, or just keeping for when I sell to reinstall, and then sell the Coast to Coast. Provided it works well once tested.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Comparison picture from before I bought it. Drivers seat coast to coast sitting on my F3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Some questions for Black Rev 800 X:
    How satisfied are you with your change to the Coast to Coast seat, compared to the original stock?
    I, too, own a new 2017 F3 Ltd., and find the stock seat to be very uncomfortable after an hour's ryde, and pretty unbearable after 90 minutes. I'm looking at options; considering a change the better BRP seats (Coast to Coats or Cannonball), or maybe a Day Long by Russell (but hate to give up prime riding time while waiting). Love the F3 ryde, but gotta find myself a better seat. Currently making do with an Airhawk R cushion.
    Were you able to change out only the driver portion? My wife is quite happy with her stock passenger seat, so my seat is the priority fix. However, I'm not sure that half a fix is even possible, let alone desirable.

Would appreciate any up-date you care to provide. Thanks.

NOTE: Received PM from BLACK REV 800 X with requested info - - much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by bushrat; 07-17-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside