Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Arachnid V35003 Tires

Was waiting from who I purchased my tires to resolve this but these people do not like talking to customers (AJParts, Fayetteville, GA. MY Arachnids were mounted by my dealer and are pulling left, this is the 4th set that the dealer has had trouble with. I do not like the Kendra's neither but had no choice but to put Kendra's back on my Trike. I purchased these tires through PayPal and at present time I am waiting their contact with AJ Parts concerning, I have an Arachnid on the rear and at 5,000 miles it is doing great, I suspect an out of round or bad mold on this batch of tires so make sure and check with the service department before buying. My dealer did check my alignment and all before telling me what the tire was doing...

Spyder Garage

Default Curious. ....

Being radial rotational tires, were they mounted correctly..?? Just asking cause I have seen it done....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

What method is your dealership using to check alignment?

Out of round won't make a tire pull. It will bounce. Since the Spyder is notorious for alignment issues. And since it sounds like the dealership had no real reason for the pull. I'm not sure you're going the right direction with this.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

an out of round tire can have a pull or if there is a bad cord will do the same. test with road force & rotate
    from left to right to see if pull follows.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Being radial rotational tires, were they mounted correctly..?? Just asking cause I have seen it done....
    Trulaser checked......4 sets of these bad at my dealer so far...

Spyder Garage

Default Arachnid V35003 Tires

Having sold a large number of the Vee Rubber Arachnid Trike tires without receiving a similar complaint I was caught a little off guard with this members problem. I immediately contacted Vee Rubber America to determine if they were aware of any problem with tires pulling. The resulting conversation was very informative.
    Why tires may pull. As others on the thread of suggested the largest issue is correct installation and alignment. And of course there is always over or under inflation of the tires. Finally there is always the possibility that a tire is defective. This can happen during the molding process. A suspect tire if returned can be cut open for examination to determine if there is any piling. Unfortunately the suspect tires were not returned to us for inspection.
    As of Friday 4/15/16 Vee Rubber America knows of no problems with piling during the molding process.
    Jerry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry1944 View Post
    Having sold a large number of the Vee Rubber Arachnid Trike tires without receiving a similar complaint I was caught a little off guard with this members problem. I immediately contacted Vee Rubber America to determine if they were aware of any problem with tires pulling. The resulting conversation was very informative.
    Why tires may pull. As others on the thread of suggested the largest issue is correct installation and alignment. And of course there is always over or under inflation of the tires. Finally there is always the possibility that a tire is defective. This can happen during the molding process. A suspect tire if returned can be cut open for examination to determine if there is any piling. Unfortunately the suspect tires were not returned to us for inspection.
    As of Friday 4/15/16 Vee Rubber America knows of no problems with piling during the molding process.
    Jerry
    Your distributor was suppose to pick these up in Seneca, has not done so. I went to Seneca and picked these tires up and shipped them to A & J Parts in Fayetteville, Georgia. I am sure they will be returning them to you. You were no service to me as my representative said she was not in the loop, whatever that means.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dreid999 View Post
    Your distributor was suppose to pick these up in Seneca, has not done so. I went to Seneca and picked these tires up and shipped them to A & J Parts in Fayetteville, Georgia. I am sure they will be returning them to you. You were no service to me as my representative said she was not in the loop, whatever that means.
    Your Fayetteville Dealer received the tires Jerry. Still waiting on my refund through PayPal thought.. Good luck with the Arachnid, I would have been happy with the Arachnids replaced but my dealer will not install them...now...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope to hear an update on this issue..Please keep us posted

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Arachnid V35003 Tires

After a period of several weeks the tires were finally returned to A&J. The tires were then sent to Vee Rubber America for inspection. Both tires passed inspection and no problems were found with either tire. The members funds were refunded and hopefully the matter is closed.

Jerry1944