Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOW ABOUT THIS

Quote Originally Posted by jimcrom View Post
    This one has Calif plates on it so that is not a problem. Not really interested in purchasing out of State.

Now the next question is do the tires have to be replaced after five years? What about the spark plug wires? Does rubber hoses in this situation need to be changed?
    ..On E-bay in Calif ...a 2015 F-3s with SE trans 206 miles $ 14,950 ....or best offer......this Spyder has it all over the one your looking at...............Mike ..............JUST LOWERED TO $14,650
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-16-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well today I am the new/proud owner of a 2012 RT Limited.
    First I want to thank everyone who provided advice and guidance in this process.
    Some things that happened;

Found out that the bike was not sold until Jan 2014, so the factory warranty is in effect and because of the sale it was extended by two years. Per Bryce at Bert's Mega Mall I can also buy an additional year for about $460.

The dealer read the mileage but was looking at the trip meter 1607 miles, actual mileage was 10,000 miles. At least it has been used a bit, and hopefully the bugs have been worked out. Dropped the price by $1000 as we were filling out the paperwork. I went in with an offer of $14,500 and after that and the taxes (9.25%) I came away $14,800.

Was able to get in touch with the selling dealer and they had given me an update of what servicing they did and any issues. Probably the biggest thing for me was the manufacturer warranty.

So does anyone who upgraded from a 2012 to a newer model have the shop manual for sale?

I am going to get some floorboards and the wife wants some arm rests. May look for another Corbin seat. Let the farkle begin.

Thanks again for all the info!

I was out and about when I saw a 2012 RT Limited for sale in the window of a used car dealership. They want $17,995 and it has 1607 miles. So it drew my attention. Now the debate is whether or not to take the plunge.

I was thinking of offering $15,000, not sure that they would be interested and maybe their hope would be to find someone who doesn't know much about spyders.
    What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible

Spyder Garage

Congrats! I must say that color is gorgeous....

enjoy!

Spyder Garage

Default Update of What Has Been Going On

So I bought the 2012 RT Limited and I have been pretty happy about it. Some of the issues...horn, fog lights didn't work and no music. So I took it up to the new spyder dealer in San Jose for a going over. They agreed to install a Kumho rear tire. Told them about the issues and wanted any updates done. They come and got me after a while and explained the problem. There is a horn fuse which I checked that was ok. They found that a fuse was not installed that was under the seat. Now I have music, fog lights and a horn. Then they showed me where when it was set up, they only put the hooks on the front trunk and did not install the four screws to fasten it to the frame. So I could have been making a right turn and the trunk could have been going straight. I have upgraded to the Baja Ron Bar and Corbin Seat & arm rests.
    So far so good. Will be seeing everyone at the event in Sonora.
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible

Spyder Garage

To answer your tire question.......I'm betting the rear has been replaced already if it has 10,000 miles on it. As for the front tires they seem to last a long time, usually 20,000 miles plus. I agree with your concern about 5 year old tires, I'd think about replacing them with car tires in the not to distant future. They aren't all that expensive and it's a simple job to remove the front wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So I bought the 2012 RT Limited and I have been pretty happy about it. Some of the issues...horn, fog lights didn't work and no music. So I took it up to the new spyder dealer in San Jose for a going over. They agreed to install a Kumho rear tire. Told them about the issues and wanted any updates done. They come and got me after a while and explained the problem. There is a horn fuse which I checked that was ok. They found that a fuse was not installed that was under the seat. Now I have music, fog lights and a horn. Then they showed me where when it was set up, they only put the hooks on the front trunk and did not install the four screws to fasten it to the frame. So I could have been making a right turn and the trunk could have been going straight. I have upgraded to the Baja Ron Bar and Corbin Seat & arm rests.
    So far so good. Will be seeing everyone at the event in Sonora.
    Thanks for the update, and I'm glad that the bike's issues have been found and fixed!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black