Spyder Garage

Default Calling all Newbies

Since riding from last November 2015, I have now approached the 3000 mile mark on my F3-S (Emailed my dealer to arrange it's first service) and have never looked back. Had a few niggles here and there one of them being the vibration which has now disappeared. The 3000 miles has been a mixture of local roads and motorways in the rain, sun, wind and cold. When I reach the 10,000 mile mark (aim to achieve by the end of this year) I will no longer refer to myself as a newbie. Whilst riding I have had no accidents or mistakes and members of the public say to me, they notice how gentle and careful I ride the Spyder. Overall my experience as a newbie to riding and the Spyder world has been a positive one. My question to all you newbies out there, what's your riding experience been like since getting a Spyder for the first time?
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

The newbies are being awful quiet. must all be out enjoying the miles of smiles and the Rock start status.... hang in there they have to come home sometime.....don't they.....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As a fellow newbie (since this past October), things are going well. I haven't put that many miles on my STS but my trip to Spyderfest will take care of that.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RIDING EXPERIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    Since riding from last November 2015, I have now approached the 3000 mile mark on my F3-S (Emailed my dealer to arrange it's first service) and have never looked back. Had a few niggles here and there one of them being the vibration which has now disappeared. The 3000 miles has been a mixture of local roads and motorways in the rain, sun, wind and cold. When I reach the 10,000 mile mark (aim to achieve by the end of this year) I will no longer refer to myself as a newbie. Whilst riding I have had no accidents or mistakes and members of the public say to me, they notice how gentle and careful I ride the Spyder. Overall my experience as a newbie to riding and the Spyder world has been a positive one. My question to all you newbies out there, what's your riding experience been like since getting a Spyder for the first time?
    Since I bought my 13 RTL about this time last year, I never looked back. No one is a newbie once they get on the road and enjoy the rides. I certainly have and since I first started riding only a few years ago and being 74, I never regretted it. I am along with our Rusty Spokes club members, are looking very forward to our many planned rides this coming long season. This Wednesday is our monthly breakfast gathering and will put out our first ride info. They say, to die with your boots on, would be the same in my thinking as dying glued to my spyder.

Have fun and enjoy the rides. I hope you are riding with a group. Our group only formed a few years ago at Macdonalds. Almost all of us ride! Now we picked up 6 more members and we never look back (sic)….

Spyder Garage

Acquired our spyder October 2015 and have just short of 3Kmiles. If the weather holds I will have the3K service and a laser alignment performedthis Friday.
    Having ridden 48 years on two wheelers and the same GoldWingsince 1984 we moved up to an RT-S. We tried a couple of trikes and we didn’tcare for the ride and then we tried the Spyder and bought one.
    The learning curve took a couple hundred miles to acquire thefeel of riding the Spyder, very much like riding my ATV but at higher speeds.The front end seemed a bit soft for the way I ride so the BajaRon sway bar andshock adjusters were added. I like the way the sway bar and shock adjustersstiffened the front end.
    Still need to get use to having three wheels instead of two.Have to watch the road a bit more for road kills, stones and such. I havecaught myself reaching for the clutch or the front brake lever.
    I have modified the brake pedal because I was using my heelto brake. Using a piece of plate aluminum I cut an extension so I can now usemy boot toe, works good so now I need to put the finishing touches to it.
    So far so good with my riding experience.
    The problem I haveis keeping my Spyder clean.

2015 Red Pearl RT-S
    EXO2 heated Vest/Gloves
    BAJARONS sway bar
    TricLEDS side markers
    Xenon Depot LED Head & Fog Lights\
    Missing Belt Guard
    Bump Skid
    M2 Shocks front/rear
    Russel Day Long heated seat

Spyder Garage

I'm a Newbie as of July 2015..I ride a 2014 ST Limited and I am so in Love!
    I ride with my Hubby, who rides a big Harley...I have tried, over many years, to get my M licence on 2 wheels however 2 wheels don't like me...haha
    But on 3 wheels, I now am fully licensed. I'm having so much fun...getting more confident with every passing km (miles). Unfortunately up here in Ontario Canada we do not get an all year riding season...damn snow!
    So, as I am writing this, it is cold/snowy outside...and waiting, not to patiently, for the better weather to arrive.
    Ride Safe💕

Spyder Garage

Default Waited a long time

I have been a member of this forum since 2010. I just got my '15 RTL in Jan 16. I now have 300 miles on her. The first 40 were a little shaky. I have since really settled down. I am able to take turns a lot faster than I ever did on two wheels. I feel comfortable going at highways speeds.

I never add a lot of optional stuff on my bike. So far I've added Doc Humphey's spring stiffeners, a Can Am driver backrest, larger brake pedal.

i really like my new roadster. My only concern is servicing. Why should it take 2 hours + to change oil?

Spyder Garage

I am still a newbie by your definition. But if I were still in High school, I guess Id be a sophomore and nearing a Junior. I might make Senior by the end of Spyderfest though.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

to all those who are new to .

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Got my Spyder end of March

I got my Spyder a few weeks ago. I've been riding her on errands and such to build my skill level.

Coming from only driving a car, it's a strange feeling to ryde anything. We rented Harley trikes multiple times, but at Bike Week, I had my first chance to ryde all of the Spyder models. I fell in love with them...now I have one!

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    to all those who are new to .
    Thank you akspyderman. Thank you too and to everyone on SL for keeping the advice and tips flowing for us newbies. Love you all.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame