Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Picture of SHAD Bag Liners

Someone requested a picture of the Can-Am SHAD Liners. They are a perfect fit and look great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

More liner photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default Detaching the bag

Thanx to everyone who posted pics. Could you tell me more about the detaching I only saw I ne person say they were detachable how easy how fast and then does it carry like a suit case ect.

Spyder Garage

Yes, just lift the flap all the way up and pull up and rearward and the bags come right off.
    They are lockable as well so no one else can remove them from your bike.
    i bought the liners and just use them like a set of luggage. They look good and seem to be made well, have a shoulder strap as well as a hand strap.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Yoda View Post
    Thanx to everyone who posted pics. Could you tell me more about the detaching I only saw I ne person say they were detachable how easy how fast and then does it carry like a suit case ect.
    There's a good video on you tube showing the bags, removal and the liners:

About to order a set from a UK dealer as they are actually cheaper over here for a change!! They are made in Spain so they should be of course.

Thanks for all the posts and pictures of these fitted, really helped me decide to pull the trigger. I'll post some of mine once I've got them on.

Anyone know if SHAD have plans to make a top case fitting kit?
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 06-16-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default SHAD LUGGAGE

To Retired 2012 can you give us the model # of the bags you have and where you bought them? Was it from a dealer or direct from SHAD?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Ok, they are already listed in this thread, but here they are again.
    219400721 bags and 219400728 mounting brackets I also got the bag liners.
    I bought from ImotorSports.com tell them you are a SpyderLover for a discount.
    Hope this helps....
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Some photos here from the UK with side and rear shot. Note reflector would be red for your country, rather than the amber for UK:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How hard is it to take the braket off when not using the shad bags dont like thr look of the braket but love the bags

Spyder Garage

4 screws on each side, but you won't even worry about it once there on, good looking bracket blends in well
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Still comfy for the passenger plenty of leg room?

Spyder Garage

Default Givi

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    My understanding is BRP and GIVI had a bad breakup. What a shame they already had some nice looking bags.
    Then BPP brings out there own junk IMHO. Just sayin
    Maybe Givi will start selling there brackets for the f3 like the police model.

Spyder Garage

Yes, no interference with wife's legs

i was told Givi and Can-am no longer have a working relationship....
    some here have modified the wing rack with great results, top case and side cases are then bought from Givi....
    Either way it is nice to have some lockable storage for my helmet
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Viking and ultimate + corbin also make bags for the F3

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

decided to go with the shad bags im also getting my 2016 f3s delivered today at 4 pm!!! ' first time spyder owner'

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    Viking and ultimate + corbin also make bags for the F3

I was told that the Viking bags have to be modified to fit on the F3 easy bracket. Is that true?? Shads are nice but to bubbly for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    4 screws on each side, but you won't even worry about it once there on, good looking bracket blends in well
    OLD THREAD REVIVAL!!!

I very clearly see the four screws on each side that have to be removed to remove the brackets if you don't want them on the spyder. (on page three of this thread) That being said, the two that screw into the underside of the frame (not up at the grab rails), I'm guessing there's a plate that is inserted from the other side that these screw into. If the bracket is removed, does that plate stay in place on it's own or will it have to be removed also?

I like these, but I only use my bags when I absolutely need them and I like easily removable brackets so NOTHING is showing when I take them off.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Cy
    Cy
    1. Why do they call you Cy? It's short for Sexy Cyclops
    2. What happened to your eye? Space Monkeys happened.
    3. What do you ride? Black 2015 Cam Am Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoTherapist View Post
    I'm guessing there's a plate that is inserted from the other side that these screw into. If the bracket is removed, does that plate stay in place on it's own or will it have to be removed also?
    You're making me cast my mind back 2 years to when I fitted these, but if I remember correctly those plates are only held in place by the bolts that hold the brackets on. The bolts go through holes in the frame so the plates would just come off when the brackets come off. Have to enlarge some holes in the undertray (on the euro model at least) with a step drill but that wouldn't be noticeable with the brackets off.

As to adding and removing the brackets I personally wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis but like anything, you'd be quicker at it 2nd, 3rd time round. Probably only take 5-10 mins a side with practice and tools to hand.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Has anyone with the Shad side bags added the matching top case?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have an F3T so have BRP side bags but bought the Shad 58X and mounted it to my baker rear rack. fits great and easy install.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I would have by now but SHAD have gone very quiet on their top box mount for the F3-S. The contact at SHAD I was e-mailing kept saying 'coming soon' but now he's stopped responding to my e-mails. Makes me think they've abandoned it which is a shame.

I was going to fit an SH58X as well - looks like a great top box which can be a passenger back rest as well if mounted solidly enough.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I have the shad side cases with the matching SH58X top case mounted on the baker built luggage rack on my 2015 F3s. Turned out okay. Good support for the wife and can store two full size helmets plus other items in the full raised position. Leaves side cases and front trunk free for stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    I have the shad side cases with the matching SH58X top case mounted on the baker built luggage rack on my 2015 F3s. Turned out okay. Good support for the wife and can store two full size helmets plus other items in the full raised position. Leaves side cases and front trunk free for stuff.
    Sounds good - can you post some pictures of it mounted? I would be interested to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Sounds good - can you post some pictures of it mounted? I would be interested to see what it looks like. Thanks.
    Here ya go. Pictured is the mid height position. Goes up to third position for two full sized helmets.IMG_3887.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    Here ya go. Pictured is the mid height position. Goes up to third position for two full sized helmets.IMG_3887.jpg
    Thanks for this! That combo is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for. Next farkles lined up!

One question: where are people buying Shad products? I was looking for the SH58X and I don't see any dealers in my area.
    Last edited by foxtail1; 01-19-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map