Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default fog lights

Placed my order today!Arrived a few days later, pretty easy to install. Work great! They can be seen on a bright sunny day better than the stock headlights. BRP needs to be thinking LED's.
    Last edited by CharlieIndia; 04-14-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone have the instructions for the fog light kit?

I bought a demo 2015 F3-S, and the fog lights were removed, but they forgot to remove the fog light switch. And I was wondering if I could use the original wiring and install a set of my own. So with that in mind I was wondering if anyone had an original set of instructions for the install?

Thanks

2faston3

Spyder Garage

Default F3 fog light

Out of curiosity, what is the wattage of the fog lights?

Dray

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered mine. Thanks for the info in this post.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Just ordered mine. Thanks for the info in this post.
    We just put 17 more kits together this weekend and that's all that's left till the rest of the switches come it. We should have good stock for Spyderfest and we will be doing installs there.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...fog-light-kit/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    We just put 17 more kits together this weekend and that's all that's left till the rest of the switches come it. We should have good stock for Spyderfest and we will be doing installs there.

Ordered mine yesterday. Thanks for the hard work!!!

Spyder Garage

Default ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Received my LED fog light kit from Lamonster Garage today. I had it installed in an hour from start to finish. Just as he said, easy plug and play! I love the lights! Sure beats the OEM kit that BRP wants $510 for!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Received my LED fog light kit from Lamonster Garage today. I had it installed in an hour from start to finish. Just as he said, easy plug and play! I love the lights! Sure beats the OEM kit that BRP wants $510 for!
    What did you do to get the wire off the plastic circle? I watched Lamont's video and for the life of me can't get it detached. I'm afraid I will eventually rip the wire out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    What did you do to get the wire off the plastic circle? I watched Lamont's video and for the life of me can't get it detached. I'm afraid I will eventually rip the wire out.
    There is a release right in the middle of the plug.

Spyder Garage

Default Release

Correct. As Lamont says there is a release on the plug. It's at the bottom of the plug next to the wiring. Just push the release as you pull on the plug.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

There is a release right in the middle of the plug.
    Thanks. I will try it again when the light come in.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got a kit going to Russia, Moscow...how cool is that?
    Right..
    this is for my lady

Thanks, Ruslan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default trim rings

I have a limited supply in stock now ready to ship.
    I just installed my fog lights yesterday; other than dropping a plastic rivet and losing it inside the bike, it took about forty minutes. Now I have to wait two weeks for a replacement rivet to ship from Quebec. They are a great product and the installation video helped. One question though, other than the LED rings, do you know of anything to trim out the installation? Right now I'm considering modifying the blanks for a more "custom" and clean look around the fog lights. Perhaps you could develop a pattern for others to do the same thing since the "blanks just get thrown away.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Correct. As Lamont says there is a release on the plug. It's at the bottom of the plug next to the wiring. Just push the release as you pull on the plug.
    If you release the blank plate from the mount, you can pull the entire thing out into the open and easily see the catch.

Spyder Garage

Default oops

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    I just installed my fog lights yesterday; other than dropping a plastic rivet and losing it inside the bike, it took about forty minutes. Now I have to wait two weeks for a replacement rivet to ship from Quebec. They are a great product and the installation video helped. One question though, other than the LED rings, do you know of anything to trim out the installation? Right now I'm considering modifying the blanks for a more "custom" and clean look around the fog lights. Perhaps you could develop a pattern for others to do the same thing since the "blanks just get thrown away.
    Well I took the blanks, and used a 2 1/4" holesaw to cut holes in them, went a little large to allow airflow to cool the lights. First one came out perfectly, broke the second one. I guess now, it's order the parts from Quebec. For some reason they call them heatshields. They are already cut out for the stock fog lights, so modifying them to fit the Lamonster ones should be easy plus they are fairly cheap at less than ten bucks each.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got the Head Lights- Love 'em! So just ordered the Fog lights too now. I'll look like a 747 coming down the road
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steven Young; 08-17-2016 at 12:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    Well I took the blanks, and used a 2 1/4" holesaw to cut holes in them, went a little large to allow airflow to cool the lights. First one came out perfectly, broke the second one. I guess now, it's order the parts from Quebec. For some reason they call them heatshields. They are already cut out for the stock fog lights, so modifying them to fit the Lamonster ones should be easy plus they are fairly cheap at less than ten bucks each.
    So after these fog lights are installed they leave gaps between the lights a bike?

Anyone have a close up picture.

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default fod lights

I have an F3S but I do not have fog lamps I there a lens kit that I will need ti get to make the install?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    I have an F3S but I do not have fog lamps I there a lens kit that I will need ti get to make the install?
    There is no kit required for install. http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...fog-light-kit/

Spyder Garage

When you do this job, be very careful putting the panel screws back in. Don't do what I did! I turned a simple job into a nightmare. Once that brass thingy in the inner panel keeps turning, you're screwed!
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    When you do this job, be very careful putting the panel screws back in. Don't do what I did! I turned a simple job into a nightmare. Once that brass thingy in the inner panel keeps turning, you're screwed!
    I had the same thing happen after removing and reinstalling the left side panel over 10 times (doing mods). Haven't replaced the brass female thingy yet because the part on cheap cycles's pic is not clear. If you get a replacement please post up. Hopefully the entire bracket won't have to be replaced. Until then, using zip tie.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    I had the same thing happen after removing and reinstalling the left side panel over 10 times (doing mods). Haven't replaced the brass female thingy yet because the part on cheap cycles's pic is not clear. If you get a replacement please post up. Hopefully the entire bracket won't have to be replaced. Until then, using zip tie.
    Yes, I did have the whole inner panel replaced. I had broken off the whole corner of the inner fiberglass panel trying to get the screw out. The part was only $69.00 and I was tempted to do it myself. But, when I "fix" things, sometimes I break something else. And I didn't know if other parts, i.e. screws, had to be ordered. So I let the dealer to the whole job. It's a new bike and I can't stand broken things. It cost me about $245 to fix. Hope It doesn't happen again.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

If you spin one of the brass inserts but do not break the plastic frame its glued into, you can replace the insert. EZ-LOK makes a kit that works pretty well. Essentially you pull out the old insert, drill the hole slightly larger and clean using the supplied bit the thread in the knife thread insert using the tool provided. End result is a new M5 or M6 threaded insert locked into the plastic frame.

Be careful installing the screws to line them up and thread them by hand. Do not use power tools on these. Ask me how I know all this.....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    I believe the "culprit" is the "old Loctite" left on the threads. If the bolt starts to tighten before fully inserted you need to back it out and clean the threads. I finally learned after the second incident!
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    If you spin one of the brass inserts but do not break the plastic frame its glued into, you can replace the insert. EZ-LOK makes a kit that works pretty well. Essentially you pull out the old insert, drill the hole slightly larger and clean using the supplied bit the thread in the knife thread insert using the tool provided. End result is a new M5 or M6 threaded insert locked into the plastic frame.

Be careful installing the screws to line them up and thread them by hand. Do not use power tools on these. Ask me how I know all this.....
    Can you elaborate further on the E-Z lok fix for this? Where can it be purchased, etc.. Thanks