Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Considering buying a Spyder F3 Limited and need input

I'm thinking of buying a 2015/2016 Spyder F3 Limited and would like to know peoples thoughts on the whole purchasing process. It'll be my first time purchasing a bike as I've always ridden with others. I'm ready for my own and after much research on 2 wheels and 3 wheels bikes, I'm really liking the Spyder F3 Limited. I'll be 50 years old in August and decided I wanted to give myself a gift. I am female and about 5 feet 4 inches....so I'll be checking out the UFit system for handlebars. Would like to know of sales tactics and what fees are normally charged. Also, should I ask for an out the door price, deals on accessories, cash or finance, etc....? I go in this Wednesday to talk with a dealer and am wanting to be informed before going in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you!

Spyder Garage

Pricing will depend on the dealership. Some are more willing to deal than others. Without a trade in your job will be easier. Definitely ask for an "out the door" price. My dealer offered $1000.00 off list on my F3 Limited and gave a little extra on my trade in. Again that depends on your market and the competition for your sale. I would definitely ask up front what your discount would be for extras. I received 20% off all BRP parts/accessories.
    Rick

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tibbs66 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a 2015/2016 Spyder F3 Limited and would like to know peoples thoughts on the whole purchasing process. It'll be my first time purchasing a bike as I've always ridden with others. I'm ready for my own and after much research on 2 wheels and 3 wheels bikes, I'm really liking the Spyder F3 Limited. I'll be 50 years old in August and decided I wanted to give myself a gift. I am female and about 5 feet 4 inches....so I'll be checking out the UFit system for handlebars. Would like to know of sales tactics and what fees are normally charged. Also, should I ask for an out the door price, deals on accessories, cash or finance, etc....? I go in this Wednesday to talk with a dealer and am wanting to be informed before going in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you!
    Check with iMotorsports, one of this sites sponsors. I purchased my RTL there and they are great to deal with. A quick search of this site will give you a lot of positive reviews on them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tibbs66 View Post
    I just purchased my bike from Nielsens who is also in IL , is that where you are going? Lowest prices on leftover 2015s on cycletrader. I highly recommend them. speak to mike F. FYI, they wont really budge on their internet prices.

2015 F3 SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's to not like about a bike as gorgeous as this?

Most of the fun is in the shopping: have FUN!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I just purchased

a 2016 F3 LTD Special Series in N.J. W/O much haggling I got $2000 off list. My salesperson was extremely cooperative and helpful but I still got the distinct feeling that he was not an "expert" on Spyders. I did allot of investigating here on Spyderlovers and asked many questions. The information I received here was more than not, more accurate than my salesperson. I sincerely believe it all depends on how "into" Spyders the dealership really is. As others will tell you here, my dealer had my front tires on backwards (wrong side of bike). I also sat on the F3 Ufit bike and decided on the handlebar holes closest to me. Those were NOT the bars I received. They replaced the bars w/ what I wanted w/o any question or charge but I just goes to show me that YOU have to pay attention. Whether they made a simple mistake TWICE or it was out of incompetence, I'm not sure.

My suggestion would be for you to go into the dealership, sit down and talk at length with a salesperson who is supposed to be knowledgeable about Spyders, take mental notes, and then come back here and let us know what you were told. IF he/ she was blowing smoke you'll be informed here pronto! Use the US military strategy of "Trust But Verify" before you write out a check, even for a deposit. Most dealers won't return a deposit. You can always buy elsewhere but milk this dealership for everything they got.

BTW, I paid cash because I had it to spend. The way I looked at it there would be no sense in financing and paying interest if I had the cash. I also, not being mechanically inclined, had the dealership install the Bluetooth dongle, Smoothspyder backrest, and Tricled's Spyder FenderZ REAR & SIDE lighting plus Blinker module. Since I was buying the bike from them and not as of yet received it, their install charges were nominal.

BEST OF LUCK!

Spyder Garage

Wasn't aware that there was a blue tooth dongle option for the F3 Limited. Can you tell me where/how it was attached?
    Thanks, Rick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am's version

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Wasn't aware that there was a blue tooth dongle option for the F3 Limited. Can you tell me where/how it was attached?
    Thanks, Rick
    Is install in the back of the bike. The Sena version SM-10 (they are the same thing) is installed in the frunk (I might have that reversed. Some have said there is a distortion when installed in the frunk). Search the forums here. Many have discussed the pros & cons of both units and their placement. Can Am's version is more expensive of course. BRP's dongle is the same unit that is used for their other trikes.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down SM10: Hated it!

I had the SM10 on my RT and hated it. I heard engine noise under the music and had to add a filter which helped a lot, but didn't eliminate the problem. The bigger issue was remembering to turn the darned thing off after a ride — which was easy to forget being in the frunk. Otherwise it would stay on and drain itself. You couldn't turn it back on until it had charged up some (about 5 to 10 minutes). It was a pain.

I monitored this Sena Suport thread on this issue over the years, and recently someone suggested just removing the battery altogether to alleviate the problem:

http://support.sena.com/entries/2301...gnore-battery-

2016 F3 Limited - Triple Black Atlanta

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER PURCHASE

IMHO - Dear Lady, this sounds like a whim buy and if so you are starting with the most expensive F-3 there is.......I have seen recent 2015 F-3's that would work just as well for you for $17,000 on E-bay........just a thought.....Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Rick
    I guess what I was really asking is how this this is tying in to the F3 radio? In previous Spyders the dongle added blue tooth capability to the actual radio.
    Rick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes,

I guess what I was really asking is how this this is tying in to the F3 radio? In previous Spyders the dongle added blue tooth capability to the actual radio.
    Rick
    The dongle adds Bluetooth capability to the F3 LTD radio. Plug & Play with all Can Am radios.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vdoman View Post
    The dongle adds Bluetooth capability to the F3 LTD radio. Plug & Play with all Can Am radios.
    So I'm still confused on how the actual dongle attaches to the radio. Is there a prewired connector in the frunk or back end?
    Last edited by stebrock; 03-29-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So I'm still confused on how the actual dongle attaches to the radio. Is there a prewired connector in the frunk or back end?
    It comes with the necessary wiring and connects to a port on the radio specifically for that purpose. It connects in the frunk. Can Am's version comes with a harness to mount it
    also.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk