Thread: Bumpshid

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I have the unlit version - and that is only because there wasn't a lit version when I got it in Jan of 2014. In the last 21,650 miles, I've bottomed out on really rough country roads enough times to be darn glad I have it.
    Same as above. Very glad I have it.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of a gouge in the bottom of my bumpskid from hitting a car starter that was in my lane. The starter took a chunk out of the frame before taking out the sidewall of my rear tire. Without the bumpskid I'd have had some major damage. That gouge was about 1/4" deep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bump skip

It's an insurance policy...if you don't have it, you might wish you had...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Before getting a bumpskid, make sure you have your front suspension sorted out to resolve the weak oem springs on the front suspension. Depending on what you weigh/or you ride 2 up, you can easily overwhelm the front suspension and easily bottom out. When you bottom out, the underside of the front gets dangerously close to the ground and depending on the road surface, your front end can scrape on the ground. If you mount a bumpskid without addressing the weak front suspension [springs], you are adding additional thickness on the underside and scrape much easier now.

They look great on the bike and the led version adds extra safety. They also give some extra frontal impact protection... but they don't do anything to protect the bottom if you have not addressed the front suspension problems.

Jerry