Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

All good replies above, not much to add.

I admit I haven't been here that much lately, mostly because I've been riding my motorcycle more often than the Spyder lately. Not that I don't love my Spyder-- I do!-- but I generally find myself grabbing my CB500F more often, in part because I feel compelled to stay sharp and frosty with the practice (two wheels being more demanding than three in the skills department).

That said, I love having the choice in the driveway. It's like chocolate and vanilla, I love both, don't make me choose just one!

Plus, the GF rides the Spyder now with me. She knows how to ride two wheels, but after a not-so-fun accident wrecked her Vespa ~four years ago, she switched to riding as my passenger on the Spyder, until about a year ago when I got the Honda and finally convinced her to start riding the Spyder all by herself. She loves it now, and this way the two of us get to go out and have a blast together.

Honestly, the only reason why we're not a TWO Spyder household right now is $$$. I think we won't be anytime soon-- I plan on moving up a class on the bike in the next year or so (tested out a Ducati Scrambler two weeks ago... THAT was a mistake for my pocketbook ). As for the RS, it's long since paid off, but I'm kinda sorta waiting on seeing whether BRP ever puts out a leaner, or at least something radically different, to replace the RS. If/when that happens, I'll be looking to swap.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Try an FZ-09 also. Yamaha is coming out with one that looks like the Ducati Scrambler, but less expensive and with more power.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/11/19...os-eicma-2015/
    2012 RT-S SE5
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Yamaha FZ-09
    2015 Yamaha R3
    2006 Harley XL1200 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    All good replies above, not much to add.

I admit I haven't been here that much lately, mostly because I've been riding my motorcycle more often than the Spyder lately. Not that I don't love my Spyder-- I do!-- but I generally find myself grabbing my CB500F more often, in part because I feel compelled to stay sharp and frosty with the practice (two wheels being more demanding than three in the skills department).

That said, I love having the choice in the driveway. It's like chocolate and vanilla, I love both, don't make me choose just one!

Plus, the GF rides the Spyder now with me. She knows how to ride two wheels, but after a not-so-fun accident wrecked her Vespa ~four years ago, she switched to riding as my passenger on the Spyder, until about a year ago when I got the Honda and finally convinced her to start riding the Spyder all by herself. She loves it now, and this way the two of us get to go out and have a blast together.

Honestly, the only reason why we're not a TWO Spyder household right now is $$$. I think we won't be anytime soon-- I plan on moving up a class on the bike in the next year or so (tested out a Ducati Scrambler two weeks ago... THAT was a mistake for my pocketbook ). As for the RS, it's long since paid off, but I'm kinda sorta waiting on seeing whether BRP ever puts out a leaner, or at least something radically different, to replace the RS. If/when that happens, I'll be looking to swap.

i hear you about the $, these babies are not cheap. i could have bought 3 sport bikes that obviously out perform a spyder in every way except safety and comfort. I love my sport bike and probably will not be giving it up anytime soon. Like you said its great to have both in the garage, a few times i have literally sat in the garage for half hour because i could not decide which one to take out i considered looking at an upgrade too like an FZ1 but really my 600 is really fast as it is and how fast can you go if your not on the track. I am waiting for Yamaha to come out with their leaning 3 wheeler, im sure it will have a better price tag and assume be supported by all yamaha dealers. BTW i agree the FZ09 is a great bike, just not a fan of naked.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jenfz09 View Post
    Try an FZ-09 also. Yamaha is coming out with one that looks like the Ducati Scrambler, but less expensive and with more power.

Got to say that Yamaha have been coming out with some really cool looking bikes over that last 18 months or so. They have got some really clever designers working for them at the moment. For example I thought the Bolt really captured the look of the Japanese bike based chops we used to build in the 80s/90s - a factory custom that looks like home engineered one is a clever trick to pull off. And in this case the way they've done the paintwork on the yellow XSR900 really works as well to fool the eye on the shape.
    Last edited by PistonBlown; 03-30-2016 at 01:59 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sinner45 View Post
    What is website for tricLED

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    Go to the "HOMEPAGE" on this site they are a supporting vendor.
    Click on their Logo.

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 03-29-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Benefits of a Spyder

2014 RT 1330
    I agree with most things people have said on this thread, especially the safety, I have knee problems and find 2 wheels painful at times. I find Spyders seat very uncomfortable, I'm not a big guy 5ft 4ins, 13 stones, but the riding position gives me a lot of pain in hip joints, either pegs could be lower or seat higher, I have a 2inch seat pad I made, great improvement but still not as comfortable as my 650 Burgman. Floor boards improved quite a lot, now thinking about highway boards or pegs. Spyder RT great for shopping and touring loads of luggage space

My pros
    Safety of 3 wheels
    loads of luggage space
    good lighting
    good audio system, if only they'd made the rear controls work the volume, been perfect
    Plenty of power
    Good weather protection
    Engine and exhaust nice'n quiet
    Heated grips work well

My cons
    Riding position all wrong
    Gearbox very clunky
    Seat uncomfortable
    Power outlets too low rated, can't use tyre pump
    Handlebars not adjustable
    Backlight should have been on all left handlebar switches, not just audio controls
    Not enough thought went into the design, Looks like designed by someone who'd never ridden a bike.
    Steering too heavy at slow speed
    Some parts of bike actually designed to give you a problem

Saying all that I still think it's a great bike and suits my needs and use
    Just wish it had been designed by a motorcyclist and a motocycle mechanic
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    50$ GPS connected to oem loom
    Trunk & Frunk Liners and lights
    Frunk and dashboard power outlets
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    Turn signal LEDs in mirrors
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light
    Windscreen wiper/ baguette holder

If I wasn't so cleverI wouldn't need to be so good looking.
    2014 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jenfz09 View Post

Yeah, have seen that one, really sharp. Although the FZ-09's scared me a bit in the past, many reviewers panned the OEM suspension and fueling on them. I hear it's gotten better, but have yet to hear they've perfected it.

Plus, to be honest, I'd prefer it if Yamaha brought the XSR *700* here to the States, I think that'd be more in line what I want out of a bike.

Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post
    It gives you a place to throw your money correcting the piss poor engineering of Can Am. No ground clearance weak sway bar too small shocks Etc Etc Etc.
    Amen !!!!..................