Spyder Garage

Question Russell Day Long Seats

I've noticed several of you have recommend this company for comfort seats. What kind of turnaround time did you guys see with this company (RDL)? I'm trying to minimize the amount of time I'd be without my bike, and trying to avoid the cost of buying another F3 seat to send them.

I tried the BRP Coast-to-Coast seat and didn't see much difference so I returned it.

2016 F3 Limited - Triple Black Atlanta

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dsvogel View Post
    I've noticed several of you have recommend this company for comfort seats. What kind of turnaround time did you guys see with this company (RDL)? I'm trying to minimize the amount of time I'd be without my bike, and trying to avoid the cost of buying another F3 seat to send them.

I tried the BRP Coast-to-Coast seat and didn't see much difference so I returned it.

Best to call Russell direct for a turn around time..

Spyder Garage

Default RDL seats

noted noted above; contact the company. I hit them during their busy season; they started the build on my seat 2/25/16; will be delivered tomorrow 3/16/16.

If you don't want down time purchase a take off seat from someone.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    Best to call Russell direct for a turn around time..
    Yep...I concur, and I also know time of year makes a difference, too, but also welcome any anecdotal testimonies.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I contacted them at the start of December they gave me a production date late in January. I shipped the seat out and the actual production was about 3 weeks.

That was the slow time so I would think longer now.

I have gotten to put on about 100 miles is all since installation, but at this point I LOVE it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My turn around was about 3 weeks back in Sep. We had an RDL on our Goldwing and loved it; made all the difference in the world. Only have about 100 miles on this one on our RT-L and so far it is great. For us, an RDL is the only seat there is.

Spyder Garage

My production time was also about 3 weeks. I will say they hit their target dates they gave very close.

I have an extra F3 seat if you want to work a loan or purchase so your bike does not have to be out of service so long.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default seat

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    My production time was also about 3 weeks. I will say they hit their target dates they gave very close.

I have an extra F3 seat if you want to work a loan or purchase so your bike does not have to be out of service so long.
    If dsvogel doesn't want your F3 seat, I'd be interested in either a loan or purchase. (If the offer's available to me, that is).

jb
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks all!

First of all, thank you for the generous offer to buy/borrow your seat, jcthorne. After reading the replies last night, I decided to look online and see if I could find a used F3 seat. The riding weather right now is just too perfect to give up even a single weekend! I also see that they offer a heated seat option, which I'm sure will add a little extra time. I found a used seat (from a 2015 F3) on eBay for $140, with the option to return it in 14 days if there's a problem. Looking at part numbers, I see that the 2015 and 2016 F3 seats are the same.

So, thank you everyone for your insights and the quality of this product. I submitted my form and photos last night, and can't wait to see the final product in a few weeks.

Spyder Garage

Default 10 weeks!

Just FYI… my seat build date is not until May 26, so Spring has definitely sprung in the motorcycle world!

Spyder Garage

Just FYI… my seat build date is not until May 26, so Spring has definitely sprung in the motorcycle world!

Bummer! I knew they got busy in the spring. Good for them, not so good for you. Just let me know when you need me to ship the stock seat to them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bummer! I knew they got busy in the spring. Good for them, not so good for you. Just let me know when you need me to ship the stock seat to them.

Sent you a PM in regards to this post.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

JC...I replied in a message on 3/16 but know that you've been gone to the Cajun gathering, so will PM you today.

Thanks jb
    John B.

Spyder Garage

Default Update: Amazing Difference!!!

I just wanted to provide a quick update on the my Russell Day Long seat. My seat arrived on May 26th, just in time for our long weekend trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. We rode from just north of Atlanta, and I could immediately tell a difference. The seat is amazingly well made, and the seat heater definitely works, though I don't imagine I'll need it for a few months. It was super easy to wire up to the customer accessory wiring under the passenger seat. With the stock seat, I could only get about two hours of riding in, before the "numb butt" would set in. With this seat, I could definitely ride all day ... much to the chagrin of my small-bladder Harley cohorts (I'm usually the lead bike). Even with the heated seat option, the Russell seat was cheaper than any of the "comfort"(NOT) seats offered by BRP. Definitely worth the two month wait!!

Thanks to everyone who recommended this company, and for the advice. I now feel my F3 is complete!

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I just wanted to provide a quick update on the my Russell Day Long seat. My seat arrived on May 26th, just in time for our long weekend trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. We rode from just north of Atlanta, and I could immediately tell a difference. The seat is amazingly well made, and the seat heater definitely works, though I don't imagine I'll need it for a few months. It was super easy to wire up to the customer accessory wiring under the passenger seat. With the stock seat, I could only get about two hours of riding in, before the "numb butt" would set in. With this seat, I could definitely ride all day ... much to the chagrin of my small-bladder Harley cohorts (I'm usually the lead bike). Even with the heated seat option, the Russell seat was cheaper than any of the "comfort"(NOT) seats offered by BRP. Definitely worth the two month wait!!

Thanks to everyone who recommended this company, and for the advice. I now feel my F3 is complete!

image.jpg
    Did you have to send in your rider backrest? That is the stock Can Am rider backrest, yes? Seat looks great. Trying to wait till the end of riding season to send mine in. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Did you have to send in your rider backrest? That is the stock Can Am rider backrest, yes? Seat looks great. Trying to wait till the end of riding season to send mine in. Tom
    Ah, good question. That is the stock backrest, and I did not have to send it in. It fits just fine, though I need to adjust it forward a little bit now.

Another point about the seat is that you will feel like you are riding on top of the motorcycle at first. It adds a couple of inches to the height when brand new, but I think it has settled in, and I no longer feel like I'm sitting on top of the bike, nor raised up nearly as much.

Spyder Garage

I have order a few seats from them over the years.. They are pretty good making their dates. You place your order and are given a build date. You are required to have you seat and pics a to them a few days before your date. You should have the seat back within a week or two of the build date depending on shipping time. Remember, if you are on the east coast it is 5-7 business days for shipping alone

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

PM me...I might have a solution for you.
    jb
    John B.