Spyder Garage

Default Seat with fuel opening

Hi everyone, I was looking through all the questions and didn't see anything about aftermarket seats that are made with some kind of cut out so you can fuel up without having to get off.

any help is welcome!!

thank you
    2015 RS-S , Black and orange

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

...Not 100% sure but I think " Ultimate " can put one in their seat if you want........However I did mine for about $ 30.00,..........." camogirl " is currently doing hers ( with my instructions / assistance )......If you are going to SPYDERFEST 2016 .....we could do yours in about one hour...............let me know ASAP so you can get the parts you will need .......Mike ...........I just checked and you have an RS/S (?) ...I'm almost sure NO ONE has a seat with a Gas Door for that model................BUT ME ...my door is small enough to fit your seat....I doubt anyone else's is........
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-15-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Cool

any seat can be hinged to allow access to the gas cap

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Can-you/page3

post 12-14
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

Both Corbin and Ultimate Seats have built-in full doors!

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mjrkx250 View Post
    Hi everyone, I was looking through all the questions and didn't see anything about aftermarket seats that are made with some kind of cut out so you can fuel up without having to get off.

any help is welcome!!

thank you

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...Not 100% sure but I think " Ultimate " can put one in their seat if you want........However I did mine for about $ 30.00,..........." camogirl " is currently doing hers ( with my instructions / assistance )......If you are going to SPYDERFEST 2016 .....we could do yours in about one hour...............let me know ASAP so you can get the parts you will need .......Mike ...........I just checked and you have an RS/S (?) ...I'm almost sure NO ONE has a seat with a Gas Door for that model................BUT ME ...my door is small enough to fit your seat....I doubt anyone else's is........
    Sound like great offer And opportunity Do share pics

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Please Share

Trying to find a link to your mod. Please share and thank you!

2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB
    Spyder Mudflap
    Lamonster drink holder
    Foam Grips
    Billet Axle Covers
    Stebel Air Horn
    SpyderPops Bumpskid
    SpyderPops belt guard
    SpyderPops Kotte Grills
    TriCLED LED Driving lights
    Magic Mirrors

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mjrkx250 View Post

any help is welcome!!

thank you
    My Corbin does have a fuel door too plus heat on the seat.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin and Ultimate and DIY

Myself I have the Corbin..bought it in 2011..used on my 2010 RT and now on my 2014 RTS....over 100k on that saddle. Luv it but the only reason I bought was for the gas door...stock seat was very comfy but it was pain in butt to remove my big bag on passenger seat each and every time...I say I have the $1000 gas door and worth every penny.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Looks like the above posters have you covered on the seat question.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL........BUT

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Looks like the above posters have you covered on the seat question.
    ...Now we have to wait and see if the OP read any of the answers .....Mike

Spyder Garage

...Now we have to wait and see if the OP read any of the answers .....Mike
    Thank you everyone. I did read through all the answers. I made my own modification when I bought the bike in February last year but I was looking to upgrade the seat. Thank you.
    2015 RS-S , Black and orange

Spyder Garage

Default Addition to the thread "Am i the only one"

Ok I also wanted the fuel door since I travel long distance on my RT with a big bag on the back seat. So two years ago at SF I purchased an Ultimate Seat with the fuel door. I love the seat EXCEPT ! The fuel door rubs my legs and after a 100 miles or so really starts to hurt. I have been in contact with ultimate and sent pictures and according to them it is installed properly and they have never heard of this issue. So I purchased a "sheep skin" cover to go over the door since I can just lift it up to get fuel with no real effort but the metal from the door still pushes into my leg just takes a little longer to start being an issue. I am not upset with Ultimate BUT I paid a lot of money for that seat and the only issue is the fuel door which is why I purchased it to begin with. So am I the only one in history with this issue or the only one to report it ? Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it ?
    2014 RT , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Dang that would bother me

Quote Originally Posted by connie9003 View Post
    Ok I also wanted the fuel door since I travel long distance on my RT with a big bag on the back seat. So two years ago at SF I purchased an Ultimate Seat with the fuel door. I love the seat EXCEPT ! The fuel door rubs my legs and after a 100 miles or so really starts to hurt. I have been in contact with ultimate and sent pictures and according to them it is installed properly and they have never heard of this issue. So I purchased a "sheep skin" cover to go over the door since I can just lift it up to get fuel with no real effort but the metal from the door still pushes into my leg just takes a little longer to start being an issue. I am not upset with Ultimate BUT I paid a lot of money for that seat and the only issue is the fuel door which is why I purchased it to begin with. So am I the only one in history with this issue or the only one to report it ? Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it ?
    I have the Corbin and the door is leather like the seat and fits in tight..has a finger depression to open. That door was the only down side I saw to the Ultimate...and if it rubbed on my leg I, like you, would be looking for a solution. I use the Misty Mt Sheepskin and I don't have to raise seat to fuel...I don't hook the elastic on the left side and it stays in place very well...what sheepskin did you get? Hope you get that solved soon..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Sheep Skin

Not sure which "Brand" Sheep Skin I purchased but I purchased it because of the fuel door issue. Funny thing is it doesn't solve the fuel door issue but it sure solves the sitting on a hot seat in july issue lol So yes I paid 80.00 to cover up a 1200.00 seat but in the end I was still glad I bought the sheep cover lol Poor Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I have the Corbin and the door is leather like the seat and fits in tight..has a finger depression to open. That door was the only down side I saw to the Ultimate...and if it rubbed on my leg I, like you, would be looking for a solution. I use the Misty Mt Sheepskin and I don't have to raise seat to fuel...I don't hook the elastic on the left side and it stays in place very well...what sheepskin did you get? Hope you get that solved soon..
    2014 RT , Yellow