Thread: a few mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default a few mods

Hi all,
    I dont own a Spyder, but do custom work on bikes. Met a great guy with a Spyder. He has only one leg and came for some modifications.
    He needed to have his crutches along and having no left leg a hand break and a foot stopper on the right, so as not to loose footing on wet days. This is what i came up with. He brought it back for "tunes" and floor boards. Love this site! will add pics of the floor boards when done there, but here is a link to what i have done to date. Enjoy!
    p.s. cant wait to try riding this!.
    Sparkett
    http://bikepics.com/members/sparkett/
    Last edited by sparkett; 02-19-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

I see the need to add that extra piece so the person's only leg does not slip off the peg. But with the leading edge creating a "hook" where if your leg gets caught on the ground, the spring loaded peg suppose to sweep backwards and release your leg. With the "hook", the leg will get caught on it and dragged by the bike if any parts of the clothing gets caught on it when falling off the bike.
    Last edited by M2Wild; 02-19-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default foot stop

HI,
    I did take that into consideration. The half moon is 4" long and 3/4 inchs deep.Unless he goes to wearing "70's" style bell bottoms, no problem.
    Sparkett

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this. Its great that you are there to make biking more accessible for those who need it. These pictures may help others looking to the Spyder as a way to get out in the open air.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Its great that you are there to make biking more accessible for those who need it. These pictures may help others looking to the Spyder as a way to get out in the open air.