Spyder Garage

Default Test drove the slingshot today

I was at the dealer picking up my spyder from having its new sneaker put on, and I figured what the heck. I asked the sales guy if I could take it for a spin, he said sure. I must admit it was fun. Very snappy, steering was a little on the stiff side, but responsive. Surprisingly comfortable ride, good suspension. The winds was quite noticeable as the windshield is very low. Little difficult getting in and out, I'm 6'3" so I'm used to slowly folding in and out of low small vehicles. Overall opinion is that it is fun, but it's really just a three wheeled car without a top. I think my brother, my ride to the dealer, was hooked! Sent pictures to his wife and we will see.......

Not for me, I think I'm a spyder guy now!
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; they'd be a real HOOT to drive...

If I didn't already have a Spyder!!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Comfort on long quick trips

In no way am I bashing the Spyder in this post. I enjoyed my Spyder RT/Limited when I owned one, put over 36,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years, it was a fine machine. Long quick trips not comfortable to me. I had the opportunity to purchase a Polaris Slingshot SL and took it. Very comfortable on long short trips(600-700) in usually under 12 hours. I will be at Spyderfest in it to visit friends of the Spyder world, not coming to advertise for Polaris, but for working for a vendor everyone knows and trusts, see yall there.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SLINGSHOT OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfuspyder View Post
    In no way am I bashing the Spyder in this post. I enjoyed my Spyder RT/Limited when I owned one, put over 36,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years, it was a fine machine. Long quick trips not comfortable to me. I had the opportunity to purchase a Polaris Slingshot SL and took it. Very comfortable on long short trips(600-700) in usually under 12 hours. I will be at Spyderfest in it to visit friends of the Spyder world, not coming to advertise for Polaris, but for working for a vendor everyone knows and trusts, see yall there.
    I don't have one but my best friend does. He is a master mechanic and put a Haan (?) Turbo on it this winter...He doesn't scare easily .....but this now SCARES Him .........I'll look for you at Spyderfest ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Only half....

I like the front half of the slingshot but then I grew up on european sports cars. The back half is just a drive wheel pushing a nice front half.... as you say to each his own they have there following just as the spyders do and what fits you best is where you should be. Glad you got the chance to test one out....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am sure they are a blast! Just not sure I like the whole shaft to belt drive setup, but that is just me.Would love to try one all the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze