Spyder Garage

Default Temp and fuel meters on RT?

I have a 2014 RT and noted that the plugs are in the spots for the meters for the temp and gas.
    1. Are they active that all I need is to plug in a meter
    2. You carry them?
    3 Is so how much.

Txs

Gary

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

Many disconnect the gas and temp and then the digital ones appear on the screen. They are more reliable and accurate. Now you have the holes where some have added amp/volt meters oil pressure etc or just power outlets. the wiring is there and the guages are at your local car parts store..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    I have a 2014 RT and noted that the plugs are in the spots for the meters for the temp and gas.
    1. Are they active that all I need is to plug in a meter
    2. You carry them?
    3 Is so how much.

Txs

Gary
    I'm sure you could buy them from BRP go to www.can-am.brp.com and go to the Parts Catalog but like Chupaca said many people with the S & Ltd models disconnect the analog gauges to get the digital readouts as they are usually more accurate. When people do that they replace them with things like voltmeters and oil pressure gauges or USBs.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Many disconnect the gas and temp and then the digital ones appear on the screen. They are more reliable and accurate. Now you have the holes where some have added amp/volt meters oil pressure etc or just power outlets. the wiring is there and the guages are at your local car parts store..
    Thanks for the heads up. I did not know they disable the digi side. Will have to get my voltmeter so check what on what pin.

Txs

Gary

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I did not know they disable the digi side. Will have to get my voltmeter so check what on what pin.

Txs

Gary
    Yes, it is one or the other but not both!

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Had problems with both my 2010 RT and 2011 A & C with wobbly gas gauge. Disconnected them and went to digi.

The gauges on my 2014 RT-S are rock solid. If you get the 2014 version of the gauges--you should be good to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I understand if you unplug the gauges that it shows up on the center screen. What would be nice is if someone made a digital guage to REPLACE the gas and temp guage, then all three would be digital. Thoughts?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    ..... What would be nice is if someone made a digital guage to REPLACE the gas and temp guage, then all three would be digital. Thoughts?
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here?? What digital gauge do you want someone to make? Which three would be digital??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here?? What digital gauge do you want someone to make? Which three would be digital??
    The gas and temp guage on my 2014 LT are analog, be able to remove them and install a digital one.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Soo.... you do realise that pretty much this whole thread is devoted to explaining that if you've got an RT without the analog gauges then the gas & temp digital gauges will be displayed in the centre digital dash display??

And if you do have the analogue gauges already fitted like the non base/upmarket RT's do, then all it takes to get the digital gauges to show is to disconnect the existing analogue gauges - but you must disconnect both analogue gauges for that info to display on the centre digital dash, not just disconnect either one of the pair of existing analogue gauges?! That's both analogue gauges will work, or both digital readouts will work, not one of each, OK?!

This info has already been shared in the posts of this thread & effectively means that if you particularly want to put 2" or so round digital gauges into the holes already there for the analogue gauges which may or may not be fitted already to your RT, all you need to do is go out & buy the right size & fitting digital gauges & slot them into the already present holes, taking out either the round covers or the analogue gauges as necessitated by your particular model RT & then connect them up to the existing wiring (all the RT's have the wiring, even if they don't have the gauges!) Btw, digital gauges for both gas & temp in the appropriate size & fitting are already made & readily available...

So I still don't really understand what you are asking?? You CAN choose to remove the analogue gauges & install digital gauges in their place; just go out & buy the right size gauges & fit them - you can get them plug'n play in the right size from most motor accessory shops or off eBay fairly cheaply! Or else you can choose to simply un-plug both the analogue gauges & the gas & temp digital read outs in the centre digital dash will display instead of showing on the analogue gauges, then you can either remove the now no longer working analogue gauges & cover the holes left, or you could fit any other different analogue or digital gauges that your heart desires....

So what else or different is it that you wanted??