Spyder Garage

Default 225/50-15 KUMHO ECSTA AST 50R R15 TIRE

225/50-15 KUMHO ECSTA AST 50R R15 TIRE how much air pressure best to run in this tire thank you for rss
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Default K tire pressure

There are about 20 diff ideas. I ran 18 on one and 28 on another . Both were fine, only got about 14000 out of them. Back to see if newer OEM tire is better, some said it is. Have 28 in it with Ride on installed too. Have kept up with all those I ride with in curves, hills, speed, etc and the tire seems to be great.Only has about 6,000 miles on it though. Spyder dealer said no more installing off brands on Spyders and needed a tire pretty quick. No dealer standarization on tire support, that's for sure.
    Tuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm running 25 psi in mine...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    225/50-15 KUMHO ECSTA AST 50R R15 TIRE how much air pressure best to run in this tire thank you for rss

try 20-25 PSI, with the stiffer sidewalls and less weight on it don't need anything close to what y
    ou would use in your car. Have 8K+ seems to be wearing evenly @ 20psi
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PSI FOR CAR TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post

try 20-25 PSI, with the stiffer sidewalls and less weight on it don't need anything close to what y
    ou would use in your car. Have 8K+ seems to be wearing evenly @ 20psi
    x 1,000,000,000,000.....your spyder will ride better, especially when wet.............................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default KUMHO TIRE

I run 28# In mine and It's wearing very good..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by STELLING MAN View Post
    I run 28# In mine and It's wearing very good..
    Same here. 28 seems right. TOM
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I ran 24 in mine, and it is worn more in the middle than the edges. I now have 20 in it trying to even it out. It is almost worn out, 2/32" left in the center at best. I will run it a little longer. My new Kumho just arrived and when I install this one I will start it at 20 psi.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

I've run 30 PSI in mine since I got it - it has worn very evenly. I'll stick with that pressure.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

^^ And that might be perfectly alright for you & your riding, road surfaces, loads etc, but it may well be very wrong for someone else riding their Spyder elsewhere, or even if they are riding your Spyder with the same loads on the same roads - the 'correct' tire pressure for a given tire on a Spyder (or any other vehicle) that you are riding depends mainly upon YOU, your riding style, your loads, the surfaces you ride on, and a whole heap of other stuff... and as little as 1 psi of pressure difference can make a vast difference in tire behaviour, traction/grip, & wear/longevity. But what I run in that given tire may well be totally useless or even downright dangerous for you, especially if I ride in a different manner, on different roads, or with different loads!!

And the 'pressure recommendation' on the tire placard is no more than a vaguely educated 'best guess' compromise aimed at suiting the widest range of potential riders & loads, surfaces, etc that BRP & the tire manufacturer can come up with. Change from the OE spec tire or the OE spec loads & roads, & while that placard may provide a good starting point for you to work out the 'best pressure' for a given tire, the optimum pressure will invariably be different if you are running a different brand &/or construction tire or have varied any of the other possible parameters!

As a number of us have been saying for a while, altho maybe not in quite these terms - Bigger or more robust air bags (ie tires) need less air to carry the same load on the same roads!

In Aust we have access to the Australian Tyre Manufacturers Handbook which provides a 'start pressure' for the each specific tire size carrying a specified load (I'd guess there is something similar in the States) and from that given start pressure for the specified load, drivers/operators can 'fine tune' their working pressures to suit their changes in all the other driver/load/road specific variables - but there is NOT a 'one size fits all tire pressure' for pnuematic tires, despite what some vehicle manufacturers (who may benefit financially if you only ever use their specified tire size & brand) would like you to believe!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    ^^ And that might be perfectly alright for you & your riding, road surfaces, loads etc, but it may well be very wrong for someone else riding their Spyder elsewhere, or even if they are riding your Spyder with the same loads on the same roads - the 'correct' tire pressure for a given tire on a Spyder (or any other vehicle) that you are riding depends mainly upon YOU, your riding style, your loads, the surfaces you ride on, and a whole heap of other stuff... and as little as 1 psi of pressure difference can make a vast difference in tire behaviour, traction/grip, & wear/longevity. But what I run in that given tire may well be totally useless or even downright dangerous for you, especially if I ride in a different manner, on different roads, or with different loads!!

And the 'pressure recommendation' on the tire placard is no more than a vaguely educated 'best guess' compromise aimed at suiting the widest range of potential riders & loads, surfaces, etc that BRP & the tire manufacturer can come up with. Change from the OE spec tire or the OE spec loads & roads, & while that placard may provide a good starting point for you to work out the 'best pressure' for a given tire, the optimum pressure will invariably be different if you are running a different brand &/or construction tire or have varied any of the other possible parameters!

As a number of us have been saying for a while, altho maybe not in quite these terms - Bigger or more robust air bags (ie tires) need less air to carry the same load on the same roads!

In Aust we have access to the Australian Tyre Manufacturers Handbook which provides a 'start pressure' for the each specific tire size carrying a specified load (I'd guess there is something similar in the States) and from that given start pressure for the specified load, drivers/operators can 'fine tune' their working pressures to suit their changes in all the other driver/load/road specific variables - but there is NOT a 'one size fits all tire pressure' for pnuematic tires, despite what some vehicle manufacturers (who may benefit financially if you only ever use their specified tire size & brand) would like you to believe!
    Thank you Peter for your more factual and less well I guess that will work approach. We can all benefit from the information provided.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White