Thread: Wishing

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wishing

Looking out the window wishing winter would stop and riding could start!!!

60 degrees last Sunday, then 12 inches of lake affect snow yesterday and last night, here in west Michigan, more on the way on Thursday.
    Now they are predicting 60 degrees again on this coming Tuesday. Maybe, just maybe, that this will be winters last gasp!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sigh...

I feel your pain...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Rough...

As fun as unpredictable can be it is a bummer when it comes to the weather and ryding... hope it clears soon...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default No snow, but no Spyder

No snow on the ground here, but mine is at the dealer waiting on a new water pump. I keep thinking that they will call and say it is ready or maybe just call.

Spyder Garage

Default Same here,

Saturday, 70 degrees, put 140 miles on the Spyders and Monday we got 5 1/2" of snow!!

Spyder Garage

I too, feel your pain. Just waiting for 2.5 blocks of ice road and 3/4 of my drive way to melt. Maybe by the weekend???????

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyFyg-2 View Post
    Saturday, 70 degrees, put 140 miles on the Spyders and Monday we got 5 1/2" of snow!!
    I almost think that this could be called torture!
    New Russell Day Long Seat, Bajaron anti sway bar, and I can't even try them out.
    I think I will start on the next best thing and plan the rest of my route to Utah for the June trip.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I also feel your pain, just had a big storm here in Quebec! Hoping that's it!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, just pick a 50-60 degree day, have your stuff packed, jump on your Spyder, and make haste for Cactus Cart RV Park, on Boca Chica Blvd., in Brownsville, Texas. You should be in a somewhat warmer place, come the first night and parked under the fruit trees on the second, maybe a day longer, if you ryde like the "Old Fart" (me). We've averaged 75 to low 80's here, for over a month, now, and I find myself standing at the window, AC on, looking outside, just like that feller (you?), and dreaming of "sugar on snow", back in Vermont. Just kidding. That was a gross exaggeration. The sugar-on-snow would be nice, but the Brownsville weather is hard to beat.
    And, Texans actually like to see the "Winter Texans" come down here, as opposed to Florida, where the cost of living is about 2X higher, and (some) of the locals are less than welcoming to "Snowbirds". And you, and you, and you, would most definitely be welcome.

*If you've never had sugar-on-snow, you're in for a treat. If you have, you know I'm right.

DW

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I almost think that this could be called torture!
    New Russell Day Long Seat, Bajaron anti sway bar, and I can't even try them out.
    I think I will start on the next best thing and plan the rest of my route to Utah for the June trip.
    We have the Baja Ron sway bar and a bumpskid waiting to go on the 2012 RTL!
    Not sure what our long distance trip will be this year. We are riding the Spyders to a wedding in Iowa end of June. There's another wedding in Colorado end of July but that will be in the vehicle. Maybe a fall run on the Great River Road between Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin and take in the fall colors.
    If your trip to Utah brings you through Mitchell, you'll have to give a 'shout out' .