Spyder Garage

Default WTB Used Can Am Trailer & Hitch

My wife and i are going to be getting our first Spyder in about 3 weeks and we are thinking about going on summer trips and the wife asked me where would we put the stuff we buy? Looked at the price of a new one but i think it's to steep so if anyone has one thats laying in the weeds or something let us know please. Does it have to be a Can Am trailer so that the spyder's warrenty stays in place ? Thanks in advance for all the help. Craig & Lori

Spyder Garage

It does NOT have to be BRP trailer or hitch. Good luck with search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TREILER & HITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    It does NOT have to be BRP trailer or hitch. Good luck with search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...Been doing this since 09.....and you will hear a lot of pure hooey about you can't do this or that or the warranty is VOIDED.......the Moss-Magnusson Act protects you from this SCARE tactic..............There are a quite a few all aluminum Motorcycle trailers out there much better suited to the Spyder......The Spyder trailer ( 622 ) weighs about 245lbs and can only carry 155 lbs........An Aluminum after market trl weighs about 175lbs. so it can carry 225lbs.......Plus a new aluminum trl. costs less than a well used Spyder trailer............................good luck......Mike...

Spyder Garage

Ya i stopped at a dealer today and asked if he had any used trailers and he asked me if i had a hitch already and i said no so he said he had a 2011 used BRP trailer and he would give me a heck of a deal on a hitch if i bought the trailer and he said that both need to be BRP so i won't void the warranty and that the dealer must put the hitch on so it won't void it. What do i know i expect them to tell me the truth, hmmmm. ​Thanks you guys for saving me some money.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by threefingers2 View Post
    Ya i stopped at a dealer today and asked if he had any used trailers and he asked me if i had a hitch already and i said no so he said he had a 2011 used BRP trailer and he would give me a heck of a deal on a hitch if i bought the trailer and he said that both need to be BRP so i won't void the warranty and that the dealer must put the hitch on so it won't void it. What do i know i expect them to tell me the truth, hmmmm. ​Thanks you guys for saving me some money.
    Even if the dealer installs the hitch there is only a 90 day warranty on it, I believe. In order for there to be a longer warranty the accessory must be installed by the dealer during the assembly of the Spyder and BEFORE it is delivered to the buyer. And what can go wrong with a hitch in 90 days? Nothing, I would say. Installing an after market hitch, like Mike says, WILL NOT void the Spyder warranty. IF, and that is a big IF, a problem can be shown to have been caused by the after market hitch, which is very unlikely, that problem will not be covered by the warranty. The dealer may not be outright lying to you, but if not then he is speaking out of ignorance. In either case, he's telling you fiction.

Keep the dealer's offer in mind, but check out your other options before committing. Mike gave you good advice above.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BRP trailer is really nice and if you can get one at a good price go for it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The BRP trailer is really nice and if you can get one at a good price go for it.
    That Dealer i stopped at yesterday Said it was a 2011 trailler and a hitch installed for 3300. I thought that was kinda high?

Spyder Garage

Default used Can Am trailer for sale

I have a used Can Am 622 trailer for sale, in northern CO. I posted yesterday. if you don't find my post, PM me. thanks, woodster

Spyder Garage

Default hitch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDE...RTqYyO&vxp=mtr

been using this for 4 years no issues super strong

Spyder Garage

If you can only save a couple of hundred dollars on a NON-BRP trailer and hitch, you are not doing yourself any favors, the BRP hitch and Trailer are very good and you will be happy that you went with the BRP setup, Been there and have the T-shirt from both options.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    If you can only save a couple of hundred dollars on a NON-BRP trailer and hitch, you are not doing yourself any favors, the BRP hitch and Trailer are very good and you will be happy that you went with the BRP setup, Been there and have the T-shirt from both options.

Cruzr Joe

That's a big AMEN Uncle Joe!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Make counter offer?

With the hitch included, not having to deal with any install or wiring issues, that seems like a pretty good price. Make them a counter offer for $2900 out the door and see what happens.....

Best of luck, I know I'm excited to get my "new to me" 2010 brp 622 back from the local paint shop in the next few weeks.......
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Can-Am lists the RT Trailer Hitch Kit and Control Module at $529, I found a BRP trailer on craigslist from a dealer brand new (the old style) for $2999. So in my opinion he is not giving you much of a deal, for what it's worth! (My opinion that is!) Of course that does not include the install.

Spyder Garage

This is from a fellow forum member original post was 1/21/216; just reposted today that it is still available:

622 Trailer for Sale

I was able to pick up a 622 trailer but have decided we want to do something different. Therefore we are going to sell it. I believe the trailer was a 2010 that was blue. Someone had it painted Lava Bronze.

They also added some bed liner product on the front of the trailer. It has a basic four pin plug on the trailer. They also added led lights on the side, along the bottom and the rear of the trailer. It lights up really nicely and you will be seen. There are also some led's inside of the trailer with an on/off switch making it easier to see inside when dark. Tires look almost brand new and the dealer repacked the bearings last year. The person who I purchased it from said they had pulled it maybe three times? Tailer also has the trailer tongue stand jack installed.

Since they are no longer making the 622 these things are getting a little harder to find. I am going to list it locally as well so the first one who says they want it and has the cash gets it.

You will need to pick up in Panama City Beach, FL and yes it should be able to fit in the back of a pickup truck if you don't want to pull it home. We just hooked it on the back of the truck and put some weight inside and pulled it. Never knew it was back there.

Asking $2800.

Member is
    DJFaninTN

check it out, might want to discuss after almost a month without selling. Good luck; though you would still need a hitch!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

That Dealer i stopped at yesterday Said it was a 2011 trailler and a hitch installed for 3300. I thought that was kinda high?

That is reasonable, considering that they are going to do the install, try offering them a little less and you will have a new trailer and hitch installed for not much more than the going price of a used RT-622 trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    With the hitch included, not having to deal with any install or wiring issues, that seems like a pretty good price. Make them a counter offer for $2900 out the door and see what happens.....

Best of luck, I know I'm excited to get my "new to me" 2010 brp 622 back from the local paint shop in the next few weeks.......
    Hope you will post a picture on here when you get it back.

Spyder Garage

That is reasonable, considering that they are going to do the install, try offering them a little less and you will have a new trailer and hitch installed for not much more than the going price of a used RT-622 trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    I was looking on the web at the brand new aluminum trailers for around 1400.00 compared to a 2011 brp for 2600 any thoughts on those kind of trailers ?

Spyder Garage

I was looking on the web at the brand new aluminum trailers for around 1400.00 compared to a 2011 brp for 2600 any thoughts on those kind of trailers ?
    You should look into the "Mini Trailer USA" brand. They are a site sponsor. It's a good quality trailer and built here in the USA. I had their "Nomad" model before I bought an RT-622 and really liked it. The 18 cubic foot size is just perfect and well worth the extra $200.00 over the smaller one. You wont be disappointed. It's delivered on a pallet and takes less than an hour to assemble (it's very easy).

They've been a vendor at Spyderfest the last few years. If you're going, make arrangements with them to pick it up there and save delivery charges, assuming they're there this year.
    Last edited by Copperman; 02-15-2016 at 04:37 AM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Copperman;1091671]You should look into the "Mini Trailer USA" brand. They are a site sponsor. It's a good quality trailer and built here in the USA. I had their "Nomad" model before I bought an RT-622 and really liked it. The 18 cubic foot size is just perfect and well worth the extra $200.00 over the smaller one. You wont be disappointed. It's delivered on a pallet and takes less than an hour to assemble (it's very easy).

They've been a vendor at Spyderfest the last few years. If you're going, make arrangements with them to pick it up there and save delivery charges, assuming they're there this year.[/QUOTJust curious as to why u went to the 622 instead of keeping it.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=threefingers2;1091721]
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    You should look into the "Mini Trailer USA" brand. They are a site sponsor. It's a good quality trailer and built here in the USA. I had their "Nomad" model before I bought an RT-622 and really liked it. The 18 cubic foot size is just perfect and well worth the extra $200.00 over the smaller one. You wont be disappointed. It's delivered on a pallet and takes less than an hour to assemble (it's very easy).

They've been a vendor at Spyderfest the last few years. If you're going, make arrangements with them to pick it up there and save delivery charges, assuming they're there this year.[/QUOTJust curious as to why u went to the 622 instead of keeping it.
    Probably because the 622 is a better trailer and it matches his bike and maybe he found one at a good price. The 622 trailers are better looking better sealed easier to pull and quieter. I have had the aluminum one, the 622 and now the freedom trailer and my opinion so far is that the 622 is the better all around trailer, and if you can get one at a reasonable price you will be happy.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Just curious as to why u went to the 622 instead of keeping it.
    No question the 622 is a good looking trailer of super quality. If price isn't an issue, and you want a fully enclosed trailer you'd be hard beat to have good match to your Spyder with any other trailer. But I have a different perspective. Go here to see how and why I did what I did for a trailer. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...satile+trailer

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    No question the 622 is a good looking trailer of super quality. If price isn't an issue, and you want a fully enclosed trailer you'd be hard beat to have good match to your Spyder with any other trailer. But I have a different perspective. Go here to see how and why I did what I did for a trailer. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...satile+trailer

I like what you did for a utility trailer, i have thought about making one similar to that for odd chores, looks good. But my wife would go absolutely nuts if i put her luggage in a trailer like that for our trips.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

i have pulled both aluminum trailers and the 622 trailer. if i were having to choose one over the other I'd take the 622.

two lids over the one lid is a very nice feature to have.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I like what you did for a utility trailer, i have thought about making one similar to that for odd chores, looks good. But my wife would go absolutely nuts if i put her luggage in a trailer like that for our trips.

Cruzr Joe
    Maybe there really is a benefit in having a wife who absolutely does not want to travel on the Spyder! Unfortunately, she doesn't, or can't, travel much at all, period, because of health issues.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=threefingers2;1091721]
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post

When I first started looking for a trailer I wanted a 622 but could not find one at a reasonable price. I knew I would have to have it painted and change out the electrical connector and all that adding to the price. It was getting to be a very pricey endeavor, for a used trailer.

I then looked into the Nomad and I liked it... for less than half the price. I bought it, had it delivered and put it together. It was a very nice trailer and I used it quite a bit.

Fast forward a year... It's 2014 and BRP was selling the 2013 RT-622 trailers at a discount. I listed my Nomad for sale on here and it was sold in an hour! I got a decent deal on a 2013, matching pearl white trailer. Half the money I needed I got from the sale of my Nomad. I just couldn't pass it up.

Then, when I sold my 2013 RTL (pearl white) I bought a 2014 RTL (pearl white) and I already had the matching trailer. I like matching.

As far as cost, it was a little pricey. Although, it was within my budget.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Nomad trailer. And I would buy another one if the need presented itself.

Good luck with your decision.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk