Spyder Garage

Default Why Spyders (and people) love California

So got out for a 100+ mile ride on my new (november) spyder RT and just had a great ride. It was about 75 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We went along the coast to see the beautiful ocean and surfers galore and it was so clear you could see all the islands perfectly it was a great winter day. From there we headed inland past farms and ranches to a small town called Ojai (O-Hi), from there we continued along route 150 through Orchards galore and back home. The thing that struck me the most about this trip was that while we were out enjoying the perfect weather just 2 and a half hours away my daughter was snowboarding with a 4 foot base of snow and something like 56"total. She said it was so warm she did not even wear a jacket just her sweatshirt. California is truly a rare place where you can go surfing and skiing in the same day. Its why we put up with such a stupid state government that taxes you for everything under the sun. Here are a couple pictures (forgot to turn my gopro on while i was at the beach) I took a time lapse video too ill try and link that if i can get it on youtube. Bottom line is the spyder is perfect for a two up ride through the beaches,farms, orchards and canyons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default For sure....

Must be why we moved here....gotta love it though there are the times I miss a bit of snow and a chill in the air....and I am from South of the equator. ..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default SO Cal

Yes I have to agree that with over 300 days of possible riding weather, we will miss it! We especially miss all of the great riding friends we made like Chupaca. Well I guess we will just have to burn up the back roads of Texas now.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

how do 's handle in an earthquake, they are not too good in the snow here

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    how do 's handle in an earthquake, they are not too good in the snow here
    If the road starts bucking and snorting, your going to be in danger on any vehicle.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Beautiful pictures. It is nice that there are places where one can ride most any time of the year.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yep! Cannot beat Cali

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Yep! Cannot beat Cali

Bob
    Like your plate

Here is the time lapse if anyone in interested. 30 minute ride condensed into 2 minutes. Including the camera falling off its mount and me catching it lol
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A BIG 10-4 good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Yep! Cannot beat Cali

Bob

Spyder Garage

keep rubbing it in!!!! especially when tomorrows high is 5 in upstate ny, before wind chill!!!!

no riding for us

Spyder Garage

Yeah the climate is wonderful, but the political climate and all of the ramifications of it are not so wonderful. 'nough said.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

Took a long Ryde with 15 other Ryders on Saturday, 72 degrees and absolutely beautiful. Just remember if you don't watch the local news, you can ignore the politics and just revel in living in the most beautiful state in the union! Now if will just keep raining during the week!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.