Spyder Garage

Default New Mud Guard farkle didn't go well!

Installed the new Show Chrome rear mud flap on my new 2016 RT Limited. After the first ride, came home and found the mud flap had snapped off. I have the BRP trailer hitch installed with the Spyderpops RT trailer splash rock guard. It appears that when I hit some rough section of the road the rear suspension dropped lower and the new mud flap rode on top of the trailer splash guard. When the suspension rebounded the upwards force broke off the new mud flap. I would suggest NOT to use the two together. For my $100 all I have left is the 2 screw Chrome accents from the mud flap.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    Installed the new Show Chrome rear mud flap on my new 2016 RT Limited. After the first ride, came home and found the mud flap had snapped off. I have the BRP trailer hitch installed with the Spyderpops RT trailer splash rock guard. It appears that when I hit some rough section of the road the rear suspension dropped lower and the new mud flap rode on top of the trailer splash guard. When the suspension rebounded the upwards force broke off the new mud flap. I would suggest NOT to use the two together. For my $100 all I have left is the 2 screw Chrome accents from the mud flap.

The trailer hitch plate from Spyderpops is all you need, if you also use a mud flap it will be hard to see the condition of your tire and you will probably break the mud flap. Just use the Spyderpops Hitch Plate, it is better than a mud flap.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The trailer hitch plate from Spyderpops is all you need, if you also use a mud flap it will be hard to see the condition of your tire and you will probably break the mud flap. Just use the Spyderpops Hitch Plate, it is better than a mud flap.

Cruzr joe

Hey Joe, that was really the point of my post, learned the hard way.

Spyder Garage

Hey Joe, that was really the point of my post, learned the hard way.
    Sorry i was not able to tell you beforehand, but maybe your post will alert others.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Thanks for the information.sorry you found out the hard way but agree this a great warning for those who are in doubt. Hope they see this...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Yes, it just did

Sorry i was not able to tell you beforehand, but maybe your post will alert others.

Cruzr Joe

Thank you both for the post. I will be visiting the spyderpops website momentarily. I have been tryi to find the best way of keeping the crap off of the newly painted trailer when it comes back from the shop.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Thank you both for the post. I will be visiting the spyderpops website momentarily. I have been tryi to find the best way of keeping the crap off of the newly painted trailer when it comes back from the shop.

You will be happy with the trailer Hitch Plate from Spyderpops, I love Mine

I even added LEDs that are brake lights and turn signals when i don't pull the trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Question on plate

You will be happy with the trailer Hitch Plate from Spyderpops, I love Mine

I even added LEDs that are brake lights and turn signals when i don't pull the trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    Joe yours appears to have 2 screws that I did not see in the online photo at spyderpops, was that to replace or supplement the double sided adhesive? Also, I am thinking about possibly fabricating my own from diamond plate. Any issues that you can think of around that, Anyang you would have changed on yours?

Appreciate the input and advise.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Joe yours appears to have 2 screws that I did not see in the online photo at spyderpops, was that to replace or supplement the double sided adhesive? Also, I am thinking about possibly fabricating my own from diamond plate. Any issues that you can think of around that, Anyang you would have changed on yours?

Appreciate the input and advise.

The two screws are from some flags i had attached to the back. Get the one from Spyderpops and put whatever type of cover (diamond Plate or whatever) you want on it and you will be set.

The Spyderpops one leaves you plenty of options to decorate it or just leave it like it is.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Hitch Fender

I added the JT's Machine Shop trailer hitch fender in addition to the SpyderPops mud guard. Since both move together on the trailer hitch, there is no chance of one breaking the other.
    I have found that the SpyderPops one alone is not enough. My wife was still getting dirt up her back. The rubber checker plate I glued on after the first incident that cracked the back fender.

IMG_1439.jpg

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Cool Flap

What is the thickness and material of the Spyderpops mud flap?

Spyder Garage

Default That's too funny

That's too funny, wish I had that info two months ago. Exact same thing happened to me. First ride after installing the splash guard and I lost the show chrome flap. Never did find it. Scratched up the splash guard real good. Oh well live n learn.

Richard
    IMG_20160816_2040293.jpgIMG_20160816_2040134.jpgIMG_20160515_1128039.jpg

Spyder Garage

About a month later, the rear back fender split from the force. If you look at the picture, I glued some rubber checker plate over the outside of the back fender to prevent further splitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Budden View Post
    That's too funny, wish I had that info two months ago. Exact same thing happened to me. First ride after installing the splash guard and I lost the show chrome flap. Never did find it. Scratched up the splash guard real good. Oh well live n learn.

Richard
    IMG_20160816_2040293.jpgIMG_20160816_2040134.jpgIMG_20160515_1128039.jpg