Spyder Garage

Default Adding frunk power outlet

Looking to add a power outlet in the front trunk of my 2014 Rts. I see the part on the BRP website and it appears to be secured with a ring of sorts and plugs into the wire that should be right behind the knock out in the trunk. My question is, do I have to remove trunk to secure the outlet or will I be able reach the back side from behind and hold the ring while tightening the outlet?
    Front Cargo 12V Power Outlet Kit
    Part number: 219400366
    Product is available.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I had one installed when I bought my '13 RTL, and I think I have used it once. When the rolling bag is in the frunk, you cant use it at all. I use a "splitter" in the rear cargo 12V outlet which gives me two 12V outlets. Works better for me.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I put in the one for the f3 under seat outlet in the frunk of my 2014 rts( 2 usb ports instead of 12v). I had to remove the frunk to do it.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I bought the socket below from Amazon for $5. Don't install the enclosed plate.
    Was able to reach in the hole already there and feel the spade connectors and wires right there. pulled them through the hole and connected the socket. Plus is center and Negative is outside edge. I then pushed it in the hole. Friction alone gripped the threads and it's "stuck" in there and working fine.
    Hope this helps.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o08_s01
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PatriotRider; 01-23-2016 at 05:42 PM.
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Take the battery out. It's easier to reach behind the frunk through the battery hole. Find the wires and slip the locking ring over them, then pull them through the hole and connect onto the power plug. Push the plug into the hole and reach around and screw the locking ring on. Now comes the HARD part, getting the rubber boot slipped over the end of the plug to keep water off the connectors. If you have big fingers find someone with small fingers to reach in there. To call the space cramped is an understatement, but it CAN be done. I folded the rubber back over itself first before doing the above so it was a little easier to get it over the plug. Good luck!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Thank ˙ou

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Take the battery out. It's easier to reach behind the frunk through the battery hole. Find the wires and slip the locking ring over them, then pull them through the hole and connect onto the power plug. Push the plug into the hole and reach around and screw the locking ring on. Now comes the HARD part, getting the rubber boot slipped over the end of the plug to keep water off the connectors. If you have big fingers find someone with small fingers to reach in there. To call the space cramped is an understatement, but it CAN be done. I folded the rubber back over itself first before doing the above so it was a little easier to get it over the plug. Good luck!
    Much appreciated for the detailed steps, luckily i do have small hands. I think I'll wait till the garage temp is above the freezing mark.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Before you do it

Check this out from Cycle Gear $12.49 it comes with everything even the fuse holder

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Looking to add a power outlet in the front trunk of my 2014 Rts. I see the part on the BRP website and it appears to be secured with a ring of sorts and plugs into the wire that should be right behind the knock out in the trunk. My question is, do I have to remove trunk to secure the outlet or will I be able reach the back side from behind and hold the ring while tightening the outlet?
    Front Cargo 12V Power Outlet Kit
    Part number: 219400366
    Product is available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I took the battery out of my wife's Rts and it wasn't to hard.thats a lot easier than the instructions said to do it .

Spyder Garage

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotRider View Post
    I bought the socket below from Amazon for $5. Don't install the enclosed plate.
    Was able to reach in the hole already there and feel the spade connectors and wires right there. pulled them through the hole and connected the socket. Plus is center and Negative is outside edge. I then pushed it in the hole. Friction alone gripped the threads and it's "stuck" in there and working fine.
    Hope this helps.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o08_s01
    Can you please send me the picture of this installation?

Appreicate it.

Happy holidays!
    Baski

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I had one installed when I bought my '13 RTL, and I think I have used it once. When the rolling bag is in the frunk, you cant use it at all. I use a "splitter" in the rear cargo 12V outlet which gives me two 12V outlets. Works better for me.
    I agree. That's what I do.
    2014 RTL Platinum