Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Toy hauler Motorhomes / 2 Spyders

Does anyone have a toy hauler motorhome that is able to haul 2 Spyders? If so, what is the minimum garage size?

Spyder Garage

My wife and I recently considered getting a toy hauler. We researched various options including powered or motorhome style toy haulers. I did the research and found that for a single Spyder RT you need a front to rear garage length toy hauler size 10 feet. The 8 foot is a few inches short. Possibly the cabin door could be held open or removed to slip the pointed nose of the Spyder in but it was too tight for me.

I did not research anything over a 31 foot vehicle. So I don't even know if they make a motorhome style toy hauler that is large enough so it can fit 2 Spyders. If they do probably be around 39 feet or longer.

PK

Spyder Garage

You might want to consider an enclosed trailer and a motorhome, a toy hauler big enough to haul 2 spyders would not have any room for anything else.

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Would like to put my 2 cents in here.

As you can see by my "handle", my wife and I are full time RVers. We live in a motorhome. If you don't want to put anything else in a toy hauler garage, a minimum 10 ft preferably a 12 ft garage would probably do it by loading one front end in and one back end in, if the frame and axles will handle the combined weight. That would be about a 38 or 40 ft 5th wheel and probably a 40 ft motorhome. For the 5th wheel, you would need to be pulling it with a Ford F450 or equal. But here is the real problem. At least it was for us. All that garage room comes out of your living space. If you only want to vacation in the unit, that is fine. But I can guarantee you that if you have to spend some months (as in a winter down south) you will get very cramped. The way we solved the problem is to purchase a trike loader for our PICKUP and pull it behind the motorhome. So as not to sound as if I am an add for the loader we bought, if anyone is interested, PM me and I will point you toward several.

The real question is to ask yourself, HOW will I use and HOW MUCH will I use this for the money invested.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox.

Spyder Garage

We looked for this combo for a long time. Only one we ever found was a custom trailer that fit the Spyders along the center with all the living quarters items like beds, chairs, appliances etc lined up along the sides or folded up to the sides. IE completely unusable with the spyders on board. We used a series of Motorhomes for better than 15 years. Finally sold our last one last year and are not planning on going back. We used the dickens out of our motorhomes, they did not sit much except the last year we had it. In the end, our cost for using the motorhomes was in excess of $400 a night. You can stay at very nice hotels and eat very nice meals for far less. Not to mention the convenience.

RVs are a very expensive way to travel while enjoying all the great company of the bottom few % of our society in trailer parks. We grew tired of it and all the hassles that went with it. Much more fun on the Spyders and stop at a hotel at the end of the day.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Toy hauler

We don't have two Spyders, but we do haul a Spyder with trailer in a 35' toyhauler in 10' garage and an ATV in the bed of the pickup. I'm sure that a Spyder could replace the ATV. We do this from IA to AZ for the winter plus side trips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had a 35 footer toy hauler, with a 10ft garage. We could fit the Spyder in the center with about 3" left over in front and back. We had room to snuggle two sport bike motorcycles on either side but it was tight. Had to remove the Givi side cases.

I doubt you could front to back two Spyders (esp RTs) in a 10ft garage. Also, check the GVWR and resulting tongue weight with two fully loaded Spyders that far back.

The best thing to do is park both Spyders in the driveway like you'd trailer them, and lay out a rectangle with painters tape on the cement, then measure the room you'd need.

Bear in mind that trailer ramp door frames take a couple inches off the stated interior width as well.

During our travels we saw that most RV'ers with lots of toys would tow an enclosed trailer behind their rig.
    Last edited by asp125; 01-06-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How 'bout this rig? Bet two would fit across this easily.

Google "Toterhomes" and I'll bet you will find the hauler you need.
    Last edited by asp125; 01-06-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

On our trip to Sturgis in '15 we carried our Spyder RT and my friend's Honda VTX 1800. We have 12' garage and still had room for coolers and a recliner, luggage, etc. Ended up moving a lot of the loose items forward to put more of the weight over the pin rather than the RV axles. You can easily overload the RV garage.
    Be sure to measure the garage of any unit you are interested in - the forums have several posts about people that took the Manufacturer's drawing information as actual and had issues with fit.
    Any patio options and/or 3 season doors attached to your toy hauler ramp door also extend into the garage when closed and take up available space.
    Denny
    NHL Hockey - Still the greatest game on earth! Let's Go Flyers!
    2012 RT Limited, Lava Bronze / Tan "Scootie", Ultimate seat and other goodies.
    2016 Voltage 3970, Full Paint and all options
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10 Tow Monster
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    As you can see by my "handle", my wife and I are full time RVers. We live in a motorhome. If you don't want to put anything else in a toy hauler garage, a minimum 10 ft preferably a 12 ft garage would probably do it by loading one front end in and one back end in, if the frame and axles will handle the combined weight. That would be about a 38 or 40 ft 5th wheel and probably a 40 ft motorhome. For the 5th wheel, you would need to be pulling it with a Ford F450 or equal. But here is the real problem. At least it was for us. All that garage room comes out of your living space. If you only want to vacation in the unit, that is fine. But I can guarantee you that if you have to spend some months (as in a winter down south) you will get very cramped. The way we solved the problem is to purchase a trike loader for our PICKUP and pull it behind the motorhome. So as not to sound as if I am an add for the loader we bought, if anyone is interested, PM me and I will point you toward several.

The real question is to ask yourself, HOW will I use and HOW MUCH will I use this for the money invested.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox.
    Thanks for the info. I would be interested in hearing about the trike loader. So you and your wife have the motorhome without the garage and one Spyder, right?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    How 'bout this rig? Bet two would fit across this easily.

Google "Toterhomes" and I'll bet you will find the hauler you need.
    Wouldn't that be nice?!! : )

Spyder Garage

I do believe you can get a Voltage Toy Hauler that will work. 45 foot trailer and up to a 18 foot garage. Voltage has reasonably priced Toy Haulers compared to some others. BUT it will be heavy and you need a large truck to pull it.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We looked for this combo for a long time. Only one we ever found was a custom trailer that fit the Spyders along the center with all the living quarters items like beds, chairs, appliances etc lined up along the sides or folded up to the sides. IE completely unusable with the spyders on board. We used a series of Motorhomes for better than 15 years. Finally sold our last one last year and are not planning on going back. We used the dickens out of our motorhomes, they did not sit much except the last year we had it. In the end, our cost for using the motorhomes was in excess of $400 a night. You can stay at very nice hotels and eat very nice meals for far less. Not to mention the convenience.

RVs are a very expensive way to travel while enjoying all the great company of the bottom few % of our society in trailer parks. We grew tired of it and all the hassles that went with it. Much more fun on the Spyders and stop at a hotel at the end of the day.
    Our experience was exactly like yours! Any RV depreciates like crazy! Our per night cost was 400 plus! Throw in pitiful gas mileage, and trailer parks, campgrounds, and we came to the conclusion to sell it, and ride! So, rent one, and try it. Some folks love it! From what I've seen, a diesel class A will pull a nice enclosed trailer. We know folks who pull a 5th wheel and a bike trailer behind that! We are so glad we ride!
    Last edited by cptjam; 01-07-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Might consider a stacker trailer behind a motorhome.

Spyder Garage

I have a 12 foot garage in my fifth wheel with a separate garage. 12 feet is confortable to load and still have access to the pass thru door. Dont think you can find many toyhauler fifth wheels with a "separate" garage to get TWO in. There are some bumper pulls that dont have a divider wall and you could get two in that way.

[IMG][/IMG]

With a motor coach...and i dont mean a class A with a gas engine, i mean full on diesel pusher..

Hydralift makes a carrier lift that goes on the back of the coach to carry one and STILL allows you to tow a small trailer for the other or another vehicle behind.

http://hydralift-usa.com/canam-spyder/

Lastly would be to just get a 20 to 24 foot enclosed trailer.
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Think I'll wait until tomorrow night to make sure I am funded!

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default re; toy haulers, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    Thanks for the info. I would be interested in hearing about the trike loader. So you and your wife have the motorhome without the garage and one Spyder, right?
    Yes that is right. The loader we have is made by Springer Industries in North Dakota. It goes by the name of "Triple D Lift and loader." Their web sight is tripledloader.com. Another one out there is made by Rampage. Don't know if they have a trike model but I like the stability of mine better. I didn't PM this info and hope I didn't cross and lines. I would be more willing to discuss further by PM.

If you are planning on loading an RT model I would have some additional cautions for you to think about based on our experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    ...We used a series of Motorhomes for better than 15 years. Finally sold our last one last year and are not planning on going back. We used the dickens out of our motorhomes, they did not sit much except the last year we had it. In the end, our cost for using the motorhomes was in excess of $400 a night. You can stay at very nice hotels and eat very nice meals for far less. Not to mention the convenience.

Interesting perspective. While it can be costly – more so in some years and others - it's the convenience of our motorhome that keeps us traveling in it. I love the fact that wherever I am, I'm also in my own home with my own stuff in it. Some parks are indeed nicer than others. We've stayed in some VERY nice parks, and many times in some that weren't so nice. But as my wife likes to say, "When you pull the curtains closed you could be absolutely anywhere."
    Last edited by robmorg; 01-09-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Interesting perspective. While it can be costly – more so in some years and others - it's the convenience of our motorhome that keeps us traveling in it. I love the fact that wherever I am, I'm also in my own home with my own stuff in it. Some parks are indeed nicer than others. We've stayed in some VERY nice parks, and many times in some that weren't so nice. But as my wife likes to say, "When you pull the curtains closed you could be absolutely anywhere."
    Well, that is exactly what I was thinking. We are just checking out all of the different options available to us. We had motorcycles prior to our Spyders and have been traveling on 2 bikes for approximately 16 years. I can tell you that the $400. per day is probably pretty close to what it costs us on 2 vehicles to travel (with gas, food, and hotel) Really, it is even higher as we kennel two dogs while gone. We have stayed in some beautiful places and some places that I would rather not have stayed and sometimes you can get great food and other times expensive meals can leave a lot to be desired. I think I would like the fact that I could have the choice of eating what I want to eat, knowing exactly what kind of place we will be staying, having all of my things in my home (away from home) and having my dogs with me. We average 7000 miles per year on our bikes as we both work full time and live in PA. : ) Again, just checking out our options.