Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    There are two sides to every story, sure would like to hear the other side. ASK Powersports is a well respected dealership in Ohio with many satisfied customers. I am not trying to defend ASK but I would like to know the details, (from both sides) before hammering ASK or BRP.
    You are right ASK is. From the owner Paul to his daughter Patty and her husband Ed. But when you can have her spyder in a shop....any shop for 50 days and have been told it's good and you walk up to it hope on and it does the same thing the same noise the same leak the second you get on it does not ....is not right. Or when you get it back with parts missing or have been told a vibration is because you did not rotate your tires at 4500 miles but it's a out of round wheel....33000 miles and it's has not been right from day one....who's at fault.a couple pictures of how I got it back time before last after I was told it was all back together20150529_183928.jpg20150529_184106.jpg

Spyder Garage

With so many electrical problems I would suspect that the wiring is at fault! Either a connector has a poor connection or some of the wiring is broken. Electrical problems are a pain to find... [emoji887]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    New August 2014 with a 3 year warranty ....it's just my luck with dealer and Brp. I do all my own work 20 years ase tech so I can turn a wrench or two. My first time back to dealer 3 weeks in they wanted to change the oil ....first service. I had just completed it and because I did not let them do it for a bill of $350 they sent a letter to Brp and Brp then told me no warrenty. They have .....Brp. ...has corrected there statment and has covered the first second and third round of repairs so far. Its just one more thing to deal with when your dealing with a bad dealer.
    I am certainly not there and yes there may be more to all of this than we read. However, if this letter to BRP is true, regardless of whether BRP stepped up, it really is time to go to the next level.

I am no lawyer, nor expert in the laws regarding warranty and warranty refusal, but would expect the laws in place would sway BRP to resolve this and go above the dealer to set this right. If you have the written letter from BRP, get this resolved sooner than later since once out of warranty you will get nowhere.

For BRP to be bold enough to issue a letter refusing warranty, regardless of whether it was rescinded or not, BRP certainly had needed facts to prove that the work you did voided the warranty.

This was the first site I found explaining how the federal gov't wrote the law.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So it's still in the shop and I called the dealer last Saturday to see what was going on. Ryan the service manager told me he would call BRP Monday to see what they can come up with. So I simply said sounds good keep me up to date. I will call tomorrow because he has not called me back yet. So I hope in the next week we will have an answer to this. Time will tell and I hope they get it this time...if not I will have to take it to the next step.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just talked to the dealer...they don't have any answers yet. So it's been in the shop for some time now and they knew ahead of time I was being it in for the month of January. Not one answer yet!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Shop called

BRB NOT TO COVER! That is the word...so done. Called Brp one guy said not covered and ended the call...I called right back and got a second guy and he said it maybe covered.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BRB NOT TO COVER! That is the word...so done. Called Brp one guy said not covered and ended the call...I called right back and got a second guy and he said it maybe covered.
    So... what are you trying to get covered? (Be Specific), How old is the Spyder? (in Months) Mileage? If you want more than sympathy you need to get specific. Also what modifications have been done/added to your spyder.
    Last edited by Frank G; 01-18-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So... what are you trying to get covered? (Be Specific), How old is the Spyder? (in Months) Mileage? If you want more than sympathy you need to get specific. Also what modifications have been done/added to your spyder.
    2014 sts se5 3 year best waranty bought new Aug 10 2014 now has 33099 miles. Mods air filter k&n power outlet in left front speaker grille.
    Lost of things
    Out of round rim from day one IF
    I'll leak from day one will be third time trying to fix
    Upper cover over headlamps broken second time fixing
    Limp home mod 5 times pull codes and check
    LF turn signal will not cancel
    Display will drop fuel Gage and temp
    Will kick out of cruise control on highway over bump
    Will not rest after 24 hours and you can start it with out hitting mod button
    When it is running it will tell you to hit mod to start
    Just a couple of things!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have 13 st ltd. re lh indicator, this was a warranty repair where they swap indicator block. Re cruise, it is supposed to cancel when you hit a bump as it thinks you are doing evasive manoeuvres - the main highway Sydney to Melbourne has at least five jump- out stretches!
    Re the rest of your issues, all i can say is that the difference between loving or hating the spyder experience is a good dealer!!
    I presume they have put it on buds and run the whole program start to finish without interruption? This seems to be the key... Sorry I can't help more.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

2014 sts se5 3 year best waranty bought new Aug 10 2014 now has 33099 miles. Mods air filter k&n power outlet in left front speaker grille.
    Lost of things
    Out of round rim from day one IF
    I'll leak from day one will be third time trying to fix
    Upper cover over headlamps broken second time fixing
    Limp home mod 5 times pull codes and check
    LF turn signal will not cancel
    Display will drop fuel Gage and temp
    Will kick out of cruise control on highway over bump
    Will not rest after 24 hours and you can start it with out hitting mod button
    When it is running it will tell you to hit mod to start
    Just a couple of things!
    Thank you for responding to my questions.

The out of round rim should of been addressed and replaced on day one. After 33,000 miles I can understand why BRP is refusing to warranty it.

In the last couple of days there was a post about the CAN buss system on the spyder. I and many others found it most informative. Altering the electrical system is a real crap shot. On my 2011rs I installed aftermarket HID headlights. After the install I would start it up and then it would request that I hit the mode button again.

LINK:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-Bus-tutorial

I have been reading the posts here daily since 2012 and have never herd of a broken headlight cover.

Apparently the dealer and BRP feels that there are circumstances that allow them to deny you warranty service. I would find out what they are and correct them.

I wish you the best of luck resolving your issues.
    Last edited by Frank G; 01-18-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for responding to my questions.

The out of round rim should of been addressed and replaced on day one. After 33,000 miles I can understand why BRP is refusing to warranty it.

In the last couple of days there was a post about the CAN buss system on the spyder. I and many others found it most informative. Altering the electrical system is a real crap shot. On my 2011rs I installed aftermarket HID headlights. After the install I would start it up and then it would request that I hit the mode button again.

LINK:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...n-Bus-tutorial

I have been reading the posts here daily since 2012 and have never herd of a broken headlight cover.

Apparently the dealer and BRP feels that there are circumstances that allow them to deny you warranty service. I would find out what they are and correct them.

I wish you the best of luck resolving your issues.
    With the rim the dealer has blamed in on everything but the rim.....5 times over the last year.
    Headlight pod has broke 2 times now I don't know why. Not cover because I put a power outlet in let front speaker...did not remove pod to do it.
    Could all be can bus bs but with a poor dealer who does not have my back who knows.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last year the spyder spent 50 days in the shop this year already a couple weeks .... I understand that number one I need to find a new dealer. Number 2 find a new dealer. Number 3 find a new dealer!!!! Just pisses you off to fight because your dealer sucks!!

Spyder Garage

Default New dealer

Last year the spyder spent 50 days in the shop this year already a couple weeks .... I understand that number one I need to find a new dealer. Number 2 find a new dealer. Number 3 find a new dealer!!!! Just pisses you off to fight because your dealer sucks!!

Mebbe you might look into Competition Accessories in Springfield Ohio. My wife gets her 2014 Spyder STS worked on there with no issues and very nice people. Call and ask to chat with Steve or Tug in Service and explain ur issues....they are a CanAm dealer/Service...much better than those (Ask) family owned. We've already dealt with both of the Columbus dealers and they left a bad taste in our mouth....😜💩💩💩💩.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDerSts View Post
    Mebbe you might look into Competition Accessories in Springfield Ohio. My wife gets her 2014 Spyder STS worked on there with no issues and very nice people. Call and ask to chat with Steve or Tug in Service and explain ur issues....they are a CanAm dealer/Service...much better than those (Ask) family owned. We've already dealt with both of the Columbus dealers and they left a bad taste in our mouth....😜💩💩💩💩.
    The people at ask are nice people they just suck when it comes to customer service. I have a bad feeling about this service repair and was hung up on again by Brp so I will have to give the shop in Springfield a call!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Still in the shop

So I reached out to Brp care and they got back with me the next day..... They said they will check to see if they can help!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still in shop...they said oil leak is a washer around the trany....we will see. I called Brp today and Brp gave my shop the go ahead to find out why it goes into limp home mod and why cruise doesn't work at times and the display goes white....shop said nothing is wrong but they are putting a cruise cruise control switch in it. They are not fixing out of round wheel or headlight pod or any limp home mod anything. Calling another shop tomorrow!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been talking with Steve from Brp care and I hope he can help. I called another shop I can not right now say who but they where very nice. They said it will be very hard for them to jump in and try to make it right but he said he will help me in another way. So wish me luck I hope one day I can say it's over with! Never again will I buy a spyder from ask power sports!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you may be able to get some positive results. Best of luck.

Spyder Garage

Red face Jackson Spyder

So last year I bought a new 2014 sts se5! It was my second spyder....first one was 2012 rs se5!!! With in 3 weeks it was back in the shop and over the next 5 months or so it spent 50 days in the shop for tons of different issues. So I have set another apt for the whole month of January!!! The sad thing is I know it won't be fixed by February and the work won't be done right. So I will keep it short but please wish me luck. Bad dealers suck and I wish Brp would step up on this one.
    I have had good luck with Jackson, Oh Spyder.
    Honda Suzuki Spyder of Jackson.

Spyder Garage

Sorry you are having such problems! I am wondering if the cruise control cutting out over bumps is caused by the same problem that sends the Spyder into limp mode... like a faulty wheel speed sensor or something. Your Spyder sounds a lot like a 92 Mercedes I had once... tons of electrical problems and no one could figure them out! Good luck
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shop called me today and told me it's done. Now when they say it does all they did was...3rd attempt to fix the oil leak. I had to remind them that I would pay for the oil filters they would not cover them. And the cruise control switch That is it. Over 30 days again.... They will not fix headlight pod, white screen and no start, it will start with out hitting the mod button, it will tell you to hit the mod button after it has started not fixing that and not fixing fuel and temp Gage that don't read at times!! So I have placed a call to the attorney general office!!!
    So to me it is not fixed ..wait there is more not fixing left turn signal and vibaration in the bars or the 5 times it's gone into limp home mod.... And Brp has not called me once or have I got any replies from Brp care! Wait I got 2 emails from Brp care ..one they wanted my VIN and the second was I have a warranty that is it! Bad shop and shame on brp!
    Temps will be in the low 20's next couple days so it will be a very cold 30 miles home but to be honest I can't wait to get back on it and in the air!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shop called me today and told me it's done. Now when they say it does all they did was...3rd attempt to fix the oil leak. I had to remind them that I would pay for the oil filters they would not cover them. And the cruise control switch That is it. Over 30 days again.... They will not fix headlight pod, white screen and no start, it will start with out hitting the mod button, it will tell you to hit the mod button after it has started not fixing that and not fixing fuel and temp Gage that don't read at times!! So I have placed a call to the attorney general office!!!
    So to me it is not fixed ..wait there is more not fixing left turn signal and vibaration in the bars or the 5 times it's gone into limp home mod.... And Brp has not called me once or have I got any replies from Brp care! Wait I got 2 emails from Brp care ..one they wanted my VIN and the second was I have a warranty that is it! Bad shop and shame on brp!
    Temps will be in the low 20's next couple days so it will be a very cold 30 miles home but to be honest I can't wait to get back on it and in the air!!!
    On the 5th you said that you had been talking to Steve from BRP Care, what happened there? Now you say "BRP has not called me once or have I got any replies from BRP Care"
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Somehow, somewhere, and I am not sure how or where, there must be more to this than we see posted.

The situation you explained does tend to warrant your actions. I am no huge fan or supporter of BRP and even less like the incompetence of some dealers.

I have no dog in the fight and hope that justice is delivered, fair and correct, regardless of how it pans out.

All the best

PK

Spyder Garage

I can offer a few suggestions.

The cruise cutting out when hitting a bump is actually pretty common. Check the brake lamp switch on the brake pedal adjustment. The pedal moves when hitting the bump and if the switch is adjusted too close, a quick blip of that switch will cancel cruise.

On the limp home episodes, pull the diagnostic codes and post them here. I or several others can likely offer some assistance on where to look. Your dealer SHOULD have done this with BRP but sounds like they never even tried.

I really do know how frustrating having a bike in the shop and getting no where can be. Been there and done that, have the scars for it.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 02-11-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    On the 5th you said that you had been talking to Steve from BRP Care, what happened there? Now you say "BRP has not called me once or have I got any replies from BRP Care"
    Steve at Brp care emailed me and said I have a warranty and I just got an email today saying he will check to see why it's still in the shop. He has not helped like I was hopping. 2 emails from Brp care and no phone calls from Brp.