Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the shop

So last year I bought a new 2014 sts se5! It was my second spyder....first one was 2012 rs se5!!! With in 3 weeks it was back in the shop and over the next 5 months or so it spent 50 days in the shop for tons of different issues. So I have set another apt for the whole month of January!!! The sad thing is I know it won't be fixed by February and the work won't be done right. So I will keep it short but please wish me luck. Bad dealers suck and I wish Brp would step up on this one.

Spyder Garage

Default Will do.....

Wish you luck and even a . But why not move on to a better dealer or get brp involved. ?? Seems you have cause....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have tried 3 dealers and I have called Brp to many times!! So we can only hope this time will be the last time it will be in the shop!!! Love the spyder line I feel they are amazing machines and I have every mile I've put on them!!

Spyder Garage

If you could share some of the issues you have, someone on SL might have some suggestions.
    Even maybe suggesting a dealer that could fix you up.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Big list

Oil leak been repaired 2 times first noticed at first service. Left side of motor. Left front rim out of round from day one. Left front turn signal will not cancel. Info screen goes white will not start. Goes into limp mode and cruise control turns off over bumps. You can just walk up to it and start it with out hitting mode button and as it's running it will tell you to hit mode to start. Headlamp and upper plastic broken again has been fixed once before. That's the short list.... We have a dealer in my home town they broke my last spyder so they will not touch this one but the guy owns 2 more in Columbus ohio. His kids run them and there service sucks. Ie" called Brp to many times and I have been told I have no warranty to I have to take it to a shop but they never back me. Sometimes when the computer does not reset I can not opperate the radio ....it will be on but you can not turn it up or down and when you go into settings it skips right over radio settings. That's about it and it would be different if Brp and the dealer would work together to fix it. Like I said it was in the shop 50 days last year and it will be in the shop that many more I feel and not be fixed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer is ask power sports they are nice people...well some are nice they just suck. One time they told me it did not have an oil leak they said they see oil eveywhere but they don't see where it is coming from so it's not leaking. So that about it .....a list I know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    The dealer is ask power sports they are nice people...well some are nice they just suck. One time they told me it did not have an oil leak they said they see oil eveywhere but they don't see where it is coming from so it's not leaking. So that about it .....a list I know.
    Do you get the after service survey by JD power? BRP uses them to rate the dealers on lots of criteria. Could be that dealer not even in ranking to even be a part of that system best find some one out of area & demand BRP help find out what else the poor techs screwed up on your bike. The problems listed are serious & dealer is suppose to only to allow certified techs work on for good reason. Per my understanding. Best of luck to you.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Do you get the after service survey by JD power? BRP uses them to rate the dealers on lots of criteria. Could be that dealer not even in ranking to even be a part of that system best find some one out of area & demand BRP help find out what else the poor techs screwed up on your bike. The problems listed are serious & dealer is suppose to only to allow certified techs work on for good reason. Per my understanding. Best of luck to you.
    I have in the past but it did not turn out very well. I used the shop in my home town and when the work was not done right I would use those in hopes Brp would see and maybe jump in. Long story short the service manager told me because I have them bad reviews that if I need work done my spyder would sit in the back room and he will get to it when he gets to it. He ended up telling me that I should just not come back. So now I go to another shop owned by the same owner. I wish I could say I'm making this up but I'm not...

Spyder Garage

I have in the past but it did not turn out very well. I used the shop in my home town and when the work was not done right I would use those in hopes Brp would see and maybe jump in. Long story short the service manager told me because I have them bad reviews that if I need work done my spyder would sit in the back room and he will get to it when he gets to it. He ended up telling me that I should just not come back. So now I go to another shop owned by the same owner. I wish I could say I'm making this up but I'm not...
    WOW need to relay that to BRP! Plz that is sad that any business person would think that acceptable. Ive been on the service side & even with the "know it all PITA customers" we knew not to treat like that. Sorry to hear & best to know to stay away from that all together, sad part that they might find job @ another dealer & you may still have bad dealings. (Tell BRP mgrs name) Best of luck. Thx for sharing your pain. All shops cant be pitbull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    WOW need to relay that to BRP! Plz that is sad that any business person would think that acceptable. Ive been on the service side & even with the "know it all PITA customers" we knew not to treat like that. Sorry to hear & best to know to stay away from that all together, sad part that they might find job @ another dealer & you may still have bad dealings. (Tell BRP mgrs name) Best of luck. Thx for sharing your pain. All shops cant be pitbull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You said it...need a pitbull in lancaster ohio!!

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After dealing with all that, I would trailer it and take it to Pitbull
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    After dealing with all that, I would trailer it and take it to Pitbull
    I can only hope they get it right this time. I talked to them yesterday and they told me they hope not to have it all month. Time will tell and I hope I don't go nuts not riding...

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I can only hope they get it right this time. I talked to them yesterday and they told me they hope not to have it all month. Time will tell and I hope I don't go nuts not riding...
    Sorry to hear that you are having so many troubles. When exactly did you purchase it? I ask because BRP doesn't usually get the new models out before the end of the year and the Spyders have a 2 year factory warranty so I would think you'd still be covered.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Active Member CarolinaSpyderRyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I feel your pain... just got my RSS back after 5 weeks in the shop... They told me it was ready... I rode down to pick it up... They said they test rode it multiple times, but somehow they didn't notice the throttle binding? Also said they didn't remember me telling them about it.
    2014 RSS , Sunburst Yellow and Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm in the same boat is you in a way, but I blame myself. My local dealer is HORRIBLE. But I got the Spyder bug and went to the closest place to my house and gave them my money because I had to have one. I actually didn't find Spyderlovers until after I bought the bike. Any future purchase I make will be from Pitbull in Missouri or IMotorsports in Chicago. I think I found a decent service department at a dealer in Hanover, PA but haven't been there yet. At least they were informative on the phone and prices were good.

But it in all seriousness, I'd consider taking it to a known dealer like Pitbull. From what I understand , all Pitbull maintenance is done at Lamonster Garage. Might be beneficial to cut your losses now. Either way, I feel for you and hope it works out in the end.

Chris
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are having so many troubles. When exactly did you purchase it? I ask because BRP doesn't usually get the new models out before the end of the year and the Spyders have a 2 year factory warranty so I would think you'd still be covered.
    New August 2014 with a 3 year warranty ....it's just my luck with dealer and Brp. I do all my own work 20 years ase tech so I can turn a wrench or two. My first time back to dealer 3 weeks in they wanted to change the oil ....first service. I had just completed it and because I did not let them do it for a bill of $350 they sent a letter to Brp and Brp then told me no warrenty. They have .....Brp. ...has corrected there statment and has covered the first second and third round of repairs so far. Its just one more thing to deal with when your dealing with a bad dealer.

Spyder Garage

Hey Chris (ArmySpyderVet) FYI, there is a Spyder dealer just North of Baltimore, Pete's Cycle on BelAir Rd. They have been in business for 40 years or so, some of my friends purchased bikes there. I thought that might be closer than Hanover, PA.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Default lemon

Is there such a thing as a lemon law for spyders, if not I would park someplace and make some magic happen to it. Or get fixed this tyme and trade real quick.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ralph12345678910 View Post
    Is there such a thing as a lemon law for spyders, if not I would park someplace and make some magic happen to it. Or get fixed this tyme and trade real quick.
    Now we are talking!!!! But I could not do that.......yet

Spyder Garage

I would take my Spyder to Hanover Motor Sports which isn't to far from Lancaster. I travel about 110 miles there for service and have been very satisfied. A lot of members use them with satisfactory results.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

So last year I bought a new 2014 sts se5! It was my second spyder....first one was 2012 rs se5!!! With in 3 weeks it was back in the shop and over the next 5 months or so it spent 50 days in the shop for tons of different issues. So I have set another apt for the whole month of January!!! The sad thing is I know it won't be fixed by February and the work won't be done right. So I will keep it short but please wish me luck. Bad dealers suck and I wish Brp would step up on this one.

I feel for you as I too have a 2014 ST-S SE5 that I purchased this past June and it's been in the shop three or four times since then. My issues aren't quite as bad as yours but any problems with a New off the floor vehicle is a big problem. I wish you luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDnAZ View Post
    I feel for you as I too have a 2014 ST-S SE5 that I purchased this past June and it's been in the shop three or four times since then. My issues aren't quite as bad as yours but any problems with a New off the floor vehicle is a big problem. I wish you luck.
    My issues are all because I have a bad dealer to be honest with you. What kind of things are wrong with yours?

Spyder Garage

My issues are all because I have a bad dealer to be honest with you. What kind of things are wrong with yours?
    My Dealer means well but I think that their Spyder knowledge is a little suspect. My Spyder was delivered on a Friday and went back the next day because it wouldn't turn off. Turns out there was a bad ignition tumbler (odd). I'm in Arizona and was constantly getting the flashing engine where the mileage is. I was told that the Spyder did that because they were made for colder weather. They said that if I keep riding then it will go off. Then the Spyder went into "limp home" mode so I take it back. This time it turns out that I have a bad thermostat. They replaced it. Now it's back in the shop because I get the flashing engine again and the coolant light on the dash. I was close to home so I came home and parked the bike. Started it up three days later and after it warms up the "limp home" mode fills the screen again and the coolant light comes on. Hopefully they resolve my issues. I really enjoy riding my Spyder and wonder if I should trade it for a 2015.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDnAZ View Post
    My Dealer means well but I think that their Spyder knowledge is a little suspect. My Spyder was delivered on a Friday and went back the next day because it wouldn't turn off. Turns out there was a bad ignition tumbler (odd). I'm in Arizona and was constantly getting the flashing engine where the mileage is. I was told that the Spyder did that because they were made for colder weather. They said that if I keep riding then it will go off. Then the Spyder went into "limp home" mode so I take it back. This time it turns out that I have a bad thermostat. They replaced it. Now it's back in the shop because I get the flashing engine again and the coolant light on the dash. I was close to home so I came home and parked the bike. Started it up three days later and after it warms up the "limp home" mode fills the screen again and the coolant light comes on. Hopefully they resolve my issues. I really enjoy riding my Spyder and wonder if I should trade it for a 2015.
    It's sad because Brp makes a great product and everything breaks down....its sad when we have a bad dealer and it takes us away from what we love.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There are two sides to every story, sure would like to hear the other side. ASK Powersports is a well respected dealership in Ohio with many satisfied customers. I am not trying to defend ASK but I would like to know the details, (from both sides) before hammering ASK or BRP.