Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Campgrounds

I have been looking on the Spyderfest forums looking for RV campgrounds that will be affiliated with the group. Does anyone have a recommendation? Will there be a host campground?
    Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CAMPGROUNDS

....Well they actually have camping available at the Fairgrounds where all the Vendors and a lot of the festivities are held......Electric, water, and sewer at very very, reasonable rates......More info to come .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-27-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

Try the KOA.

Spyder Garage

I stayed in the KOA campground for Spyderfest 2015 it is well kept and only about 15 - 20 minutes away from the fair grounds, but be advised it is close to a rail line there are freight trains roaring by in the middle of the night
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tjmcs64; 01-03-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default last year

Camping last year at fairgrounds for Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

A question for those of you who have used the Fairgrounds at last years Spyderfest. Is this a regular campground at the fairgrounds or an area designated for camping? In the pictures in a previous post I see lots of RV campers but no tents. Is there tent camping,showers/toilets and electricity? Thanks for your help. I am trying to work out the logistics on this as would love to come.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    A question for those of you who have used the Fairgrounds at last years Spyderfest. Is this a regular campground at the fairgrounds or an area designated for camping? In the pictures in a previous post I see lots of RV campers but no tents. Is there tent camping,showers/toilets and electricity? Thanks for your help. I am trying to work out the logistics on this as would love to come.
    It's a regular campground and there are shower/toilet facilities. These facilities are mostly used by 4H fair people there to show critters, etc. They're adequate, but by no means fancy. I'm not sure how far they are from the camping area.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

There were 3 to 4 tents and 3 popups pulled by Spyders. The restrooms and showers are a short walk, our camping spot was at far end of the campground.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here's my setup there. The restroom and shower was far enough way that I succumbed to laziness and rode Nid back & forth much of the time. I must have been close to ingramsail at the far end.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

We were parked up the hill from the previous photos and about 150 yards from the showers/toilets. The facilities are typical fairgrounds and geared to trailers and motor homes. The pads were mainly level and grassed and would be ideal for tents. Our spot even had tree shade.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There will be more information for camping in the next few days. We will post under "Official SpyderFest Post" that I will ask LaMont to make a sticky. Stay tuned.
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Default Dogs?

Are dogs allowed at the fairgrounds camping area? Seems like it should be yes, since it is also a livestock area but wife spotted a note from someone on here that may say differently. Have stayed at the KOA twice and it is nice and only 10-15 minutes from the fairgrounds. That piece of info is important to us.
    Denny
    NHL Hockey - Still the greatest game on earth! Let's Go Flyers!
    2012 RT Limited, Lava Bronze / Tan "Scootie", Ultimate seat and other goodies.
    2016 Voltage 3970, Full Paint and all options
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10 Tow Monster
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)

Spyder Garage

Default Camping

How do we register for camping at the fairgrounds?
    Is there a phone contact for the grounds??
    Can a couple of tents share a site?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    How do we register for camping at the fairgrounds?
    Is there a phone contact for the grounds??
    Can a couple of tents share a site?
    I don't think they're doing campground reservations yet. They'll be done directly with the Fair. I think you could have two tents on one site although I'm sure only one person would be registered and pay the full price for the site. I wouldn't expect them to make two separate reservations for two people for one site. This is based on what contact I had with them last year when I stayed there.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

the fairgrounds are taking reservations, call 417-833-2660.

See everyone there

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As of today the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds is accepting reservations for SpyderFest.
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I called and reserved a spot. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. There will be two spyders and a Harley.
    Brenda
    2012 Pearl white Rt Limited
    Bajaron sway bar with links
    Squared away laser alignment
    Wedboards mini foot boards
    Tricled led front fender lights with tips and brake bar
    Rocky mountain sheepskin

Spyder Garage

I made reservations at the fairgrounds but, my question is will the sites hold a 60 foot rig. The person I talk to didn't know. He ask if I could unhook the truck i told yes but the trailer is 43 feet long. hopefully this isn't a problem. I just figure living quarters horse trailers are that long so it shouldn't be a problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scott k View Post
    I made reservations at the fairgrounds but, my question is will the sites hold a 60 foot rig. The person I talk to didn't know. He ask if I could unhook the truck i told yes but the trailer is 43 feet long. hopefully this isn't a problem. I just figure living quarters horse trailers are that long so it shouldn't be a problem.
    From what I recall, and looking at the pic I posted in #9 above, I'm pretty sure you will have no problem fitting it in there.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Called and called and called the fairgrounds for camping info, and no one could tell us if we could bring our dogs. Eventually after a month they gave us the number of the general manager to ask. Three weeks later and after countless voice mails and no return calls we gave up and booked at the Springfield KOA. We have stayed there twice before with no issues, about 10 miles from fairgrounds and convenient for all else! And the trains do not bother us as we live near tracks in Pa. Will be our first trip with our new Voltage 3970 toy hauler.
    Denny
    NHL Hockey - Still the greatest game on earth! Let's Go Flyers!
    2012 RT Limited, Lava Bronze / Tan "Scootie", Ultimate seat and other goodies.
    2016 Voltage 3970, Full Paint and all options
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10 Tow Monster
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)