Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Spyders in the Redwoods 2018

According to Spydergirl 2018 will be the next SITR, since it is now alternating years with the Red Rock Rally which will be held in 2017. I plan on doing this event, my wife will have her spyder by then and we are looking forward to it. We are doing the Deadwood 3 wheel rally this year. How many are thinking about the SITR rally and would attend, be neat to see it even better than the 2015 rally.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Default Great...

I hope to make them all...well the west coast ones...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    According to Spydergirl 2018 will be the next SITR, since it is now alternating years with the Red Rock Rally which will be held in 2017. I plan on doing this event, my wife will have her spyder by then and we are looking forward to it. We are doing the Deadwood 3 wheel rally this year. How many are thinking about the SITR rally and would attend, be neat to see it even better than the 2015 rally.
    Red Rocks is also in 2016, right?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Yes, 2017 should be SITR.http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

2016 is the Red Rock Rally http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the redwoods 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Yes, 2017 should be SITR.http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/
    No, according to a PM I got from Spydergirl, the Red rocks rally will be done both 2016 and 2017, then alternate years after that, and she specifically told me Red rocks for 2 years then SITR in 2018. Things could change but that is the last info I got direct.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

Spyder Garage

That is my understanding also. 2 years SITRR then back to the Redwoods. BTW are you coming down to Spyders in the Red Rocks,it's not that far from you? Only 14 hrs according to google maps. Looks like Pocatello is about half way but I would go to Logan for the night then finish the next day. I think Logan is a nicer area. Maybe go back thru Nevada.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default SITR

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    That is my understanding also. 2 years SITRR then back to the Redwoods. BTW are you coming down to Spyders in the Red Rocks,it's not that far from you? Only 14 hrs according to google maps. Looks like Pocatello is about half way but I would go to Logan for the night then finish the next day. I think Logan is a nicer area. Maybe go back thru Nevada.
    No Can only afford one major trip a year, Deadwood is it for 2016 and have an oregon coast trip planned for 2017, SITR will be my 2018 trip.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Spyder Garage

It would be good if this was on the Facebook page or website.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

​I have attended Spyders in the Redwoods twice and would much prefer the Red Rocks Rally every year. The riding in Southern Utah beats Northern California hands down. Weather and Smoke from the fires was not fun. Fog all day and ashes all night at both Blue Lake and Eureka not to mention the cold weather. Also some traffic disruptions from Fire Fighters getting to and from the many fires.

Those of you attending the Red Rocks Rally will see what I mean after comparison. A big hand for Katlyn for doing either.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I helped plan and host 2 rallys in the Red Rocks area for Trike Talk.com. Great places to ride besides Bryce,Cedar Breaks and Zions.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

No, according to a PM I got from Spydergirl, the Red rocks rally will be done both 2016 and 2017, then alternate years after that, and she specifically told me Red rocks for 2 years then SITR in 2018. Things could change but that is the last info I got direct.
    You are correct and I was wr wr wr mistaken. I asked her about it. Have a great holiday.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default West caosters

Would there be interest in another rally on the west coast, and maybe not in such cold and wet weather, with some great Ryding and maybe some redwoods too?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Would there be interest in another rally on the west coast, and maybe not in such cold and wet weather, with some great Ryding and maybe some redwoods too?
    Where there is Redwoods there is fire and fog. Only good WX that time of year with less chance of fire would be inland. Borrego Springs to Julian is great riding. Anything in between.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow and it is Christmas Eve, I'd like to get through 2016 before I worry about 18.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the redwoods 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow and it is Christmas Eve, I'd like to get through 2016 before I worry about 18.
    True Ann, it's a long ways off yet. Are you guys going to the Deadood rally, if so are you going to be vendors?
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

True Ann, it's a long ways off yet. Are you guys going to the Deadood rally, if so are you going to be vendors?
    That is the plan! I'm looking forward to that event as I heard all good things about it this year. We would have attended but it was a conflict with our Alaska trip.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Where there is Redwoods there is fire and fog. Only good WX that time of year with less chance of fire would be inland. Borrego Springs to Julian is great riding. Anything in between.

Jack
    Jack, there are no Redwoods in Tucson, you may not be an expert! There are plenty of places where the redwoods grow where it never gets foggy, except in the dead of winter! So, Jack if you aren't interested, I hope you would allow us to proceed without you. Did you know there are more than species of Redwood? Do you know that they grow in very different climates? There are actually three species, two grow in California. Do you know where the 3rd Variety grows?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Jack, there are no Redwoods in Tucson, you may not be an expert! There are plenty of places where the redwoods grow where it never gets foggy, except in the dead of winter! So, Jack if you aren't interested, I hope you would allow us to proceed without you. Did you know there are more than species of Redwood? Do you know that they grow in very different climates? There are actually three species, two grow in California. Do you know where the 3rd Variety grows?
    I am from the Northwest and am very familiar with Redwoods, Fire. and Fog. Worked one summer in the Redwoods so no, I will not allow you to proceed without me. Just a reminder that this is a forum and all are allowed there opinion. I lived in Northern CA, Oregon and WA for over 50 years.

Congratulations on your fine expertise on Redwoods but that does not change the Fog, Cold weather and Fires. Where in "Northern CA do you live"?

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 12-24-2015 at 03:16 PM.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Red rock ral!yy

I would like more information about this event could someone help me with this. as

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    I would like more information about this event could someone help me with this. as
    See post #5 or: http://redrockspyderrally.weebly.com/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Highwayman has you covered with a link. The same gracious lady who put on Spyders In The Redwoods is putting on the Red Rocks Rally. Katlyn does a terrific job and you will not be disappointed. She lives in Salt Lake City. Spyder in the Redwoods Rally will be resting a few years and the Red Rocks Rally will take it's place. IMO some of the greatest rides and scenery in this entire country.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Yes, the Red Rock Spyder Rally will be held this year from September 27th to 30th in St George, UT. Registration opens on 2/28.

Registration and information is at www.redrockspyderrally.com.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Highwayman has you covered with a link. The same gracious lady who put on Spyders In The Redwoods is putting on the Red Rocks Rally. Katlyn does a terrific job and you will not be disappointed. She lives in Salt Lake City. Spyder in the Redwoods Rally will be resting a few years and the Red Rocks Rally will take it's place. IMO some of the greatest rides and scenery in this entire country.

Jack

Thank you so much for your kind words Jack. I try very hard to make it the best event I can. I am very excited for the Red Rock Spyder Rally this year.

This is the most beautiful area of the country that I have ever seen. Utah is home of FIVE national parks and it's the only state to boast about that.

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies

Spyder Garage

Link has been posted. Check out the website. It has all the information you need. Registration opens 2/28.

Thank you!!