Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

My dad and I will be there! He has a Honda Valkyrie and I will be on my ST-S. We will be at the A Holiday Motel. Can't wait!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ceyer69 View Post
    THANK YOU for stepping up and keeping this rally going!! This will be my first Spyder rally so I'm exited! What is the name of the Facebook page so I have another avenue to keep up with updates etc.....
    Spyder Adventures

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    So what's the weather like in that part of NC in early October?

Might be inclined to take a ride down I95.
    Heading over to 81 and 77 would make for a much nicer ryde
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Booked at the four seasons...

Spyder Garage

Wink Trobins

Trobins:
    It's amazing how many people have Valkyries and Spyders. If my wife and I ride two up we will take the RT-S, if we ride single I'll take the Valkyrie and the wife will take the Spyder.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Trobins:
    It's amazing how many people have Valkyries and Spyders. If my wife and I ride two up we will take the RT-S, if we ride single I'll take the Valkyrie and the wife will take the Spyder.
    Yeah, my dad's Valkyrie is a 97 and he loves it He's been looking forever for a luggage rack to add to it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Got my room already!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We are booked at the Maggie Valley Inn, arriving 10/5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Murphy NC Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    So what's the weather like in that part of NC in early October?

Might be inclined to take a ride down I95.
    Weather here is awesome that time of year and it's beautiful!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy NC Spiderman View Post
    Weather here is awesome that time of year and it's beautiful!
    That's for sure!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RALLY

....Is anyone staying at the Stonebridge campgrounds ? ? ?.......or do you know anything about them ?????......................Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    Hello everyone! I am very excited about this event, albeit terrified as well! Yes, the festival grounds have been rented. The grounds have water, power, permanent restrooms and tons of space.

Our host hotel will be the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center. I believe the rates will be $89 for 3 or more nights and $99 for 2 or less. They will be handling our meal on Saturday at 6 PM, Oct. 8. I have spoken with Alamo hotel also. They have agreed to to be a part of this, but I have not negotiated any prices yet. I will also try to get a few more hotels to give folks some options. Ask for the SpyderAdventures rally group discount.

I am hoping BRP helps me out. I was contacted by a local representative and he has forwarded my information to the corporate office. OF course, you know I won't find out until I am already in panic mode!

So, my plan so far is to cover the expense of the fairgrounds myself. If the vendors are happy, maybe some of them will chip in, but I am not charging them. I will have to charge $35 per person for the dinner. That's what they are charging me and I'm not rich. There's where I'm hoping BRP can help.

I am working on a full website which I am hoping to have finished by the end of January. I do have a Facebook page, although for some reason, people don't seem to be getting my posts. Perhaps people have to "follow" the site instead of "liking" it. I have no idea. I do check the FB site often, so that is the easiest way to get in touch with me.

Thanks to everyone for the support. I promise to try my best.
    We are glad that you have taken over this event!! hope to meet new and old friends!!

Spyder Garage

Default updates

Need some updates and hotels names for the Oct . event we all what to go just need more imformation

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will be taking the wife to Biltmore Estates in February. The guys and I have a hotel for our stay in June, but I will be checking it out next month to be sure that it is good enough for the wife. It would be nice to have a name and approx. price for the host hotel (if there is such a thing). There are a load of hotels in the area, and as long as you are on Soco rd., you will be close to the action.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Any idea when registration for the event will be up and running?

For security reasons, I'm not on Facebook. Will be checking HERE for updates.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default First Spyder Rally to attend

Hello all. I'm in Sarasota FL, just got my 2015 RT Labor Day weekend and I love it. I am also a MINI Cooper owner, so I do Mini's on the Dragon every year, looking forward to my first Dragon on my Spyder.
    So, this event.......will this be a "Dragon" event like I saw you had in previous years? I was looking into trying to get a group of us from down here this way to go up for the rally, however I was thinking about staying in Fontana and traveling a few days, it's only just over an hour, and the ride is great!
    Thank you, and looking forward to many events.

BTW.....anyone else on here from down my way? I have done a few events with a Tampa group, great folks, just looking to see if there is anyone around Sarasota as well, as I would like to put something together for a ride once a month maybe together. Thanks everyone.
    Ciao,
    Eddie C

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....Is anyone staying at the Stonebridge campgrounds ? ? ?.......or do you know anything about them ?????......................Mike
    I know nothing about them, but am discussing host campground possibility with them.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Good Sam 2015 North American RV Travel & Savings Guide has the Stonebridge Campgrounds rated: 9/7.5/7.5.
    286 spaces. Tent sites available, rental cabins, pool, stream, fishing, horseshoes, rec hall, game room, activities, playground.
    Pet restrictions (breed). Partial handicap access. 2014 rates: $25-$35.
    (828)926-1904 1786 Soco Rd Hwy 19, Maggie Valley, NC 28781 info@stonebridgecompgrounds.com

Hope this helps?
    Last edited by Cavman; 02-02-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Booking up and making plans

I am trying to get others from the Sarasota and Tampa area to come to the event. I just booked Fontana for Tuesday and Wednesday nights of that week; only 5 rooms left this morning!
    As I am looking into Maggie Valley, everything is going fast, so also looking into Waynesville and some of the other close-by areas for Thursday night into the weekend.

Side note; my wife's idea of camping is an old Holiday Inn or Days Inn, so.......lol......
    Here's hoping for more from my area.......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR Spyder View Post
    I am trying to get others from the Sarasota and Tampa area to come to the event. I just booked Fontana for Tuesday and Wednesday nights of that week; only 5 rooms left this morning!
    As I am looking into Maggie Valley, everything is going fast, so also looking into Waynesville and some of the other close-by areas for Thursday night into the weekend.

Side note; my wife's idea of camping is an old Holiday Inn or Days Inn, so.......lol......
    Here's hoping for more from my area.......
    We will be trailering the Fat White Chick to Maggie Valley. Not planning to do the Dragon, already been there.

Spyder Garage

I rode into Maggie Valley today. I was hoping to see some snow, but it is in the mid 50's here this weekend. we are actually staying in Asheville to go to Biltmore estates tomorrow, but couldn't resist going in and checking out the valley. if the wife comes in October, we will probably stay at the Ramada, but if she doesn't, I will be at the hearth and home inn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I rode into Maggie Valley today. I was hoping to see some snow, but it is in the mid 50's here this weekend. we are actually staying in Asheville to go to Biltmore estates tomorrow, but couldn't resist going in and checking out the valley. if the wife comes in October, we will probably stay at the Ramada, but if she doesn't, I will be at the hearth and home inn.
    Enjoy the Biltmore. Fascinating place.

Spyder Garage

The web site is up for this event.
    http://spyderadventures.com/home/

I am sure that this will be a great time for everyone.
    We will be coming down the weekend before to spend a couple days in Pigeon Forge then over to Maggie Valley on Monday. We plan on doing some riding for a few days before the event. We will be staying at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center and will have the trailer there until we set up for the event.
    We will be Set up in the Vendor area through Saturday.

Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Default Cabin In Pigeon Forge:

My wife and I own a cabin in Pigeon Forge TN. It is about an 1 1/2 hour beautiful ride to get to Maggie Valley. We will certainly be there. If anyone is planning on staying in PF on or before the event let me know and I might be able to get another cabin in the same resort we are in. Either way can't wait to meet other Spyder owners!!
    Last edited by Sonnymerrill; 03-22-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well, we finally bit the bullet and made our reservations at the Microtel. There will be 4 couples coming from the Apex/Raleigh area on Wednesday (10/5), and staying until Sunday (10/9). Looking forward to seeing everybody.