Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool Smoky Mountain rally 2016 - NEW MANAGEMENT

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, the Smoky Mountain rally 2016 will be October 6-9 in Maggie Valley, NC. The festival grounds have been reserved already. As you know from past BRP owners events, we will have plenty of space for parking and vendors. Vendors, if you are interested, please contact us; we think you will be very pleased.

Also, as most of you know, there have been some concerns with the previous promoter of this rally. Now, the rally is being planned by one of our own, known here as Catniption, and the previous promoter is not involved at all. Everything is in the beginning stages right now, but we wanted you all to have a heads up on it, so you can plan your vacation time.

She is working on host hotels and other arrangements, a Facebook page, and a website. Me? Well, I'm just standing by to help as needed. It's all new to us, so please be patient. We hope to have a great rally!

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SMOKEY MTN RALLY

...You picked an incredible area for this event. I didn't attend last year's because of the person who was running it........I look forward to hearing more news .......Mike

Spyder Garage

So what's the weather like in that part of NC in early October?

Might be inclined to take a ride down I95.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to hear

I am glad the date has been moved to early Oct. so that will not be as cold.Plus there being a lot more motels that will be a plus. I plan on being there again this year .

Spyder Garage

I will add this to my Callander. Keep us updated, when you have additional details.

Spyder Garage

Default Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    So what's the weather like in that part of NC in early October?

Might be inclined to take a ride down I95.
    weather should be good at that time of the year only thing could get some rain

Spyder Garage

Very interested,might try to make it down there next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will definitely be there! We will be there in June for our annual m109 pre-meet, but the wife will be going with me in October. I am already excited!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default On my Calendar

Only 178 miles via US74 and a really nice, scenic ride.

-Bill
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

Default On my to do list

Already made reservations

Spyder Garage

Default alright alright

Best news ever, will share the news with all the Spyders riders in North GA Wind Cruisers, hope to take even more next year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hecam17 View Post
    Best news ever, will share the news with all the Spyders riders in North GA Wind Cruisers, hope to take even more next year.
    Spyder rider checking in from Duluth, GA! I am also in the North GA Wind Cruisers meet up group... looking forward to more news on this and will plan on going! Should be fun to meet some fellow spyders

Spyder Garage

Made reservations today at the A HOLIDAY MOTEL across from the event grounds I stay there when i go to maggie valley.
    Last edited by whitjim10; 12-26-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Count us in!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whitjim10 View Post
    Made reservations today at the A HOLIDAY MOTEL across from the event grounds I stay there when i go to maggie valley.
    That sounds like a good spot. I'll be there too.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am definitely going to this. I am interested in finding out about the host hotel. Some of the hotels in the area are already being filled up pretty quickly. I hope to make reservations by mid January.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Active Member CarolinaSpyderRyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maggie Valley averages 69 or 70 degrees in the afternoon in early October... and 42 or 43 in the early,early morning right before the sun comes up... perfect riding weather if I ever get my Spyder back from the shop.
    2014 RSS , Sunburst Yellow and Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Wink It's a date!

Booked a room, can't wait.
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Sits

What hotel is everybody booking?
    Chris

Spyder Garage

Cool SITS

Just made reservations at Jonathan Creek Inn.

Spyder Garage

I'd stay at The Alamo again as I did in 2013 at the BRP Owner's event.

Will BRP be 'helping out' at this event again in 2016? Is that their game plan for 2016? Several events around the different regions? We know how slow they are about announcing such things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Catniption here with a little more info

Hello everyone! I am very excited about this event, albeit terrified as well! Yes, the festival grounds have been rented. The grounds have water, power, permanent restrooms and tons of space.

Our host hotel will be the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center. I believe the rates will be $89 for 3 or more nights and $99 for 2 or less. They will be handling our meal on Saturday at 6 PM, Oct. 8. I have spoken with Alamo hotel also. They have agreed to to be a part of this, but I have not negotiated any prices yet. I will also try to get a few more hotels to give folks some options. Ask for the SpyderAdventures rally group discount.

I am hoping BRP helps me out. I was contacted by a local representative and he has forwarded my information to the corporate office. OF course, you know I won't find out until I am already in panic mode!

So, my plan so far is to cover the expense of the fairgrounds myself. If the vendors are happy, maybe some of them will chip in, but I am not charging them. I will have to charge $35 per person for the dinner. That's what they are charging me and I'm not rich. There's where I'm hoping BRP can help.

I am working on a full website which I am hoping to have finished by the end of January. I do have a Facebook page, although for some reason, people don't seem to be getting my posts. Perhaps people have to "follow" the site instead of "liking" it. I have no idea. I do check the FB site often, so that is the easiest way to get in touch with me.

Thanks to everyone for the support. I promise to try my best.

Spyder Garage

ThreeFeet and I are booked at Tha Alamo in the only two single rooms. They ARE pet friendly at The Alamo. That's why I chose them before Stumpy passed back in 2013 for the BRP Owner's event. The place next door is also a nice place to stay according to ThreeFeet. The two motels work with each other.

Spyder Garage

Default Facebook Page

THANK YOU for stepping up and keeping this rally going!! This will be my first Spyder rally so I'm exited! What is the name of the Facebook page so I have another avenue to keep up with updates etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    Hello everyone! I am very excited about this event, albeit terrified as well! Yes, the festival grounds have been rented. The grounds have water, power, permanent restrooms and tons of space.

Our host hotel will be the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center. I believe the rates will be $89 for 3 or more nights and $99 for 2 or less. They will be handling our meal on Saturday at 6 PM, Oct. 8. I have spoken with Alamo hotel also. They have agreed to to be a part of this, but I have not negotiated any prices yet. I will also try to get a few more hotels to give folks some options. Ask for the SpyderAdventures rally group discount.

I am hoping BRP helps me out. I was contacted by a local representative and he has forwarded my information to the corporate office. OF course, you know I won't find out until I am already in panic mode!

So, my plan so far is to cover the expense of the fairgrounds myself. If the vendors are happy, maybe some of them will chip in, but I am not charging them. I will have to charge $35 per person for the dinner. That's what they are charging me and I'm not rich. There's where I'm hoping BRP can help.

I am working on a full website which I am hoping to have finished by the end of January. I do have a Facebook page, although for some reason, people don't seem to be getting my posts. Perhaps people have to "follow" the site instead of "liking" it. I have no idea. I do check the FB site often, so that is the easiest way to get in touch with me.

Thanks to everyone for the support. I promise to try my best.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm going

My wife, Carol, and I will be going. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Staying at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center.

If you have never been to Maggie Valley, you should go. It's really a bike friendly town.

The restaurants are great and by city ordinance there are no fast food restaurants allowed in Maggie Valley. The only exception is one Subway sandwich shop.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!