Spyder Garage

Default Cycleworld F3 T and F3 Limited Review

Spyder Garage

Default Great read

One of the better reviews IMHO...thanks..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A quick review of the article showed one glaring error:

"The F3 has a fewer teeth on its rear sprocket than the RT, so that its engine is at a higher rpm for the same wheel speed, providing faster acceleration too."

It actually has a larger rear sprocket, with more teeth...

Otherwise; it's spot on!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good catch.......had me scratching my head on that myself. Otherwise thought it was a good review.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A quick review of the article showed one glaring error:

"The F3 has a fewer teeth on its rear sprocket than the RT, so that its engine is at a higher rpm for the same wheel speed, providing faster acceleration too."

It actually has a larger rear sprocket, with more teeth...

Otherwise; it's spot on!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's just more proof that:
    "Even a Blind Hog can find an acorn; once in a while..."
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-17-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

Good write-up

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So Paul,
    Have you now got your eyes on an F-3?
    Or is the ST, still the bike that you want?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So Paul,
    Have you now got your eyes on an F-3?
    Or is the ST, still the bike that you want?
    That Red F3 Tourer looks really nice. I like the ergos of the ST. However, it appears to me that with the deemphasis of the ST, it's on the way out. IMHO. I may surprise SL one of these days.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that you can get "up on three" in the near future!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Akspyderman

Akspyderman are you still liking the F3 in red? Looks gorgeous in those pics. Great reading the review
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ard View Post
    Good catch.......had me scratching my head on that myself. Otherwise thought it was a good review.
    That's at least two heads getting scratched. Obviously not good editing or the editors only know English, not motorcycle drive systems.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Think I will keep my faster lighter RS-S a bit longer. It is still a hoot. Would like the ST with the 3 banger and normal feet placement, not forward control.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Kudos

Cycle World has presented an objective review of the Spyder. They owe allegiance to no brand no matter how many wheels it has. Their only interest to to let the consumer know what is available and the pros and cons as they seethem. After reading this article I suspect there may be a few more individuals stopping and taking a look at what Can Am has to offer.

Spyder Garage

Im hoping to pick up the limited triple black some time this winter! I'll say this, it aint cheap. Price is similar to a new Harley tri-glide.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
    Im hoping to pick up the limited triple black some time this winter! I'll say this, it aint cheap. Price is similar to a new Harley tri-glide.
    A fiend that I ride with's Father in law has a tri-glide and I have ridden with him a few times. I say him because his wife will not even get on the tri-glide after two near death experiences. In an emergency evasive action situation the tri-glide does not react well like the spyder does. After the second near roll over his wife rode back to town with me. He originally told me that his Harley would run circles around the spyder but when he rode with us we were constantly pulling over to wait. In all fairness this was mainly on roads with pretty tight curves. The only other real dislike of the Harley is the reverse is not geared but rather the starter motor ran backwards.

For easy cruising the tri-glide is probably just fine except in an emergancy.

Spyder Garage

I thought that the reverse in the 1330 was also an electric motor so they could go back to the 6 speed transmission.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I thought that the reverse in the 1330 was also an electric motor so they could go back to the 6 speed transmission.
    No, Reverse on all spyders including those with the 1330 motor are geared. It is my understanding that the 1330 motor was designed specifically for the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ard View Post
    A fiend that I ride with's Father in law has a tri-glide and I have ridden with him a few times. I say him because his wife will not even get on the tri-glide after two near death experiences. In an emergency evasive action situation the tri-glide does not react well like the spyder does. After the second near roll over his wife rode back to town with me. He originally told me that his Harley would run circles around the spyder but when he rode with us we were constantly pulling over to wait. In all fairness this was mainly on roads with pretty tight curves. The only other real dislike of the Harley is the reverse is not geared but rather the starter motor ran backwards.

For easy cruising the tri-glide is probably just fine except in an emergancy.
    I followed one for quite some time in the Smokies and it was really scary to watch. Cool on the Boulevard but not much fun in the twisties.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Think I will keep my faster lighter RS-S a bit longer. It is still a hoot. Would like the ST with the 3 banger and normal feet placement, not forward control.
    I appreciate what you are saying as I came from sport bikes and sport tourers. Something I posted earlier and is noted in this article as well as one other I have read is the feet forward position offers great leverage for high speed riding. I press hard on the outside peg and move my body towards the inside grip and it handles like a dream. I believe you would find it works great unlike a two-wheeler with a similar riding position.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We tried out a new F3 at the dealer in Chattanooga for my wife, we loved it.

I have a question, can the rear sprocket be swapped out for the RT rear sprocket so as to lower the RPM at cruising speed in 6th? Would no doubt require the RT drive belt as well. Would that interfere with the electronics, ie engine speed vs wheel speed.

Would probably up the Mileage plus smoothness and quietness.

She is looking to see a '16 touring model.............

Forgot to add, there was a new Tri Glide with 75 miles on the sales floor, someone had just traded it in on a new F3.
    Last edited by old Timer; 12-30-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    Akspyderman are you still liking the F3 in red? Looks gorgeous in those pics. Great reading the review
    I am NOT liking the red color as shown in the photographs. Early pictures of the red on the Can Am website looked more Candy Apple red. That color I liked. The red as shown in the article is not my cup of tea.

Dealer does not have any in stock yet to see. He said he has one of each color coming in the LTD version. I discussed the red with him and he has not seen the red up close and personal. If it is red as shown in the article--I would opt for white instead.

I test sat his 2015 F3 and DID NOT LIKE the ergonomics and feel of the driving position. He had a Corbin seat installed--so the set back may make a difference in my perception. The U-Fit was sized for someone small like me and was at the "shortest" position.

I am expecting the ride to be different from the RT, but if I have to give up the comfort I am used to--I am going to stick with the 2014 RT. Its paid for, so I would be able to keep my money in the bank.

Time will tell. In a hundred days or so, I will either have a new one, or NOT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Hmmm....Difficut call there Dwayne. I think that the bars length and reach / footpegs can be adjusted to be good for most ryders
    and I find that the stock seat is MUCH more comfy than the RS-S ever was, even with the Corbin Lamonster seat which
    I had fitted. I also lost the pegs and fitted those Web Boards...WOW! What a surprise they gave me! Really great comfort
    and able to move around a lot more....excellent! My back is now well supported and I can literally ride all day!
    One thing I did find was that a back rest limits my fore/aft movement too much and I'm better off without one.
    Just my two pennies worth....