Spyder Garage

Default Hey Bob business or personal use insurance.

Hey Bob got a question. My wife is working home health nursing now. What is the difference between business and personal use car insurance in price and coverage. Should she have it ? She sees 5 or 6 patients a day.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Business use on a family auto policy usually results in about a 40% increase up here in New York...
    But at least it doesn't affect the coverages...

If she's ever going to transport a client: you pretty much have to "bite the bullet..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Business use on a family auto policy usually results in about a 40% increase up here in New York...
    But at least it doesn't affect the coverages...

If she's ever going to transport a client: you pretty much have to "bite the bullet..."
    She does not transport anyone but herself and her laptop to the patients house. Is that business use? She does get milage paid to her.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's her range of travel?
    You might be able to get away with a "driving to work" rate... it's usually a heckuva lot cheaper!

Spyder Garage

What's her range of travel?
    You might be able to get away with a "driving to work" rate... it's usually a heckuva lot cheaper!
    30mi. radius but she may put 150mi. max per day

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your State's rules and rating factors are probably a lot different than what I've got up here...
    I'd list the vehicle as "Driving to work", and give them a 15 mile distance. (Since that might be about average)

By the way; how are you feeling?

Spyder Garage

Your State's rules and rating factors are probably a lot different than what I've got up here...
    I'd list the vehicle as "Driving to work", and give them a 15 mile distance. (Since that might be about average)

By the way; how are you feeling?
    Feeling so-so chemo hasn't started yet waiting for the healing from the second TURBT to complete. Still passing clots and that was done on 11/11. Getting BCG chemo into the blood stream can put me on a year long treatment for TB. Hopefully will start after my next Dr. appointment on the 29th. I did ride my Spyder twice this week though first time in months. It sucks when you may have to go every hour so at least that is getting better. Only getting up twice a night instead of 5 or 6 times is a good thing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that you're making some progress with this battle...
    Peeing only twice a night??? I WISH!!!