Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default well i got my CPAP machine

so tonight will be the first try with it, i hope it helps me sleep. the name of the machine is RESMED and it is fully automatic. with my test results the doctor told them what air pressure to set it at, and they gave me a mask that covers my nose and mouth., the air pressure that it is set at is one that during the day i can blow leafs with it. the setting is 5 - 15

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Good luck, I hope it helps.
    sleep well

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've been using a CPAP almost 10 years. I now have a brand-new one exactly like yours and absolutely love it. I get a report every day on how I did. What's really nice about it is adjust itself if I start having problems it increases or decrease the pressure. Far superior than the old machine. Good luck with yours and just take your time to get used to it.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

my two dogs are not happy with me with the mask on, my one is growling at it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you're taking care of yourself, John.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

May God look out for you. Hope all goes well!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Good for you!
    So one nice benefit is that when the sun is shining in your window at 0600 you can put a pillow over your face and still breathe just fine!
    Best of luck
    Thump

Spyder Garage

Keep us posted John how it works.

I should probably get tested. My wife says i stop breathing sometimes while sleeping.

Told her i wouldn't if she would quit putting a pillow over my face

Spyder Garage

I have this one for the last 3 yrs

I have just the nose pillows

It really sucks the distilled water up in the winter it barely uses any in the summer humidity. I used to quit breathing a lot.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

this is the mask i got

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    I have this one for the last 3 yrs

I have just the nose pillows

It really sucks the distilled water up in the winter it barely uses any in the summer humidity. I used to quit breathing a lot.
    That's what I have. I like them better than the mask.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

You may have trouble sealing that mask with your facial hair. I use the nasal pillow like the other boys and it works great.

It it will take a little while to get used to but then you will get to the point that you don't even think about it.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to nights of better sleep, and waking up rested!

It's been amazing difference for me. I use the nose pillows like the pictures above as well, which work well for me.

-Fratz

Spyder Garage

Default Works great!

Funny, I dozed off today on the sofa, and woke up several times, gasping for air. The CPAP allows such good sleep, it is a waste of time to not use it. Takes a while to get used to it, but well worth it! Good luck, and sweet dreams!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

almost 3 can't sleep with the machine on, feel like i am claustrophobic
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I have the same machine as Magdave but I use a nose mask. I see you are having trouble sleeping and feeling claustrophobic. You may need to go to some other kind of mask such as nasal pillows. One of the things that helped me is thinking about the helmet and masks I wear riding. or the safety gear I wore when working in the steel mill. Don't give up or get discouraged. This has the potential to give you your life back and to allow you to have a much higher quality of life. I have been on my machine now for 15 years and wouldn't dream of sleeping without it. You can get over this.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When ya tired enough, you'll sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

worst nights sleep i have had in years. i managed to sleep for 1 and a half hrs. and as of right now i hate it.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Ugh, I still remember those first days and weeks with CPAP, how I hated it. Unfortunately, I never quite reached that place people rave about-- "Best night's sleep in years!" It just kept me going long enough to lose weight and resolve my apnea.

cuznjohn, a few tips:

-- I had a full mask like that, it rubbed the bridge of my nose raw. Solved the trick with cutting a small strip of moleskin and putting that on the bridge of my nose every night. http://www.walgreens.com/q/moleskin#!

-- Humidity helps a lot, so if your machine has a water tank, keep it full and clean. (If it *doesn't* have a water tank, consider getting a model that does).

-- This little pole kept the hose off my head, making it easier to sleep on my side. http://www.cpap.com/productpage/flex...hose-lift.html

-- I never could do the nasal pillows, never found any that were comfortable. As bad as the full face mask was, I got used to it in time, never could say the same for the pillows.

That said, this new mask has gotten a lot of press recently, it sounds like it's quite revolutionary-- might be worth looking into.

Stick with it, and good luck!

https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/.../overview.html
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please don't start hating I just yet...
    Give yourself some time to get used to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

John, when I first got mine, that mask took many flights acrossed the room. It took me weeks. I was so discouraged. I tried the nasal pillows, but my pressure was so high, it wouldn't seal. The hardest part, was trying to keep my mouth shut. I'd just get to sleep, and the noise it would make when I opened my mouth would scare the crap out of me and of course wake me up.. I ended up trying it for a hr or two each night. As soon as I'd wake up, I'd remove it, and continue the night without it. Eventually, I could make it half way through the night, and fall back asleep with the mask on.

Don't give up.

Spyder Garage

FORGE ON JOHN

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    almost 3 can't sleep with the machine on, feel like i am claustrophobic
    Be comforted by knowing you are not alone or unusual. If you haven't yet, I strongly urge you to go to www.cpaptalk.com and join the forum there. Others who have contended with those exact issues will offer suggestions and encouragement on how to make the adjustment. Also, you will learn how to download and view all the data from your machine and see just what's happening. One of the big shocks for new users is learning how little support often comes from the Doctor or DME who got you into this therapy. You will learn what to do to take control for yourself of your therapy. The success rate for those who are proactive in managing their treatment for themselves is quite high.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

John, I agree with Magdave. I have had my CPAP for about a year, and I use the nose pillows also. I tried the full mask and found it to be too claustrophobic, as well as not sealing well due to my beard. I wouldn't have shaved it anyway. It took me a while to get used to using it, and the only drawback that I have found is that even though I am breathing humidified air, I wake up occasionally during the night as well as every morning with dry mouth. I keep an insulated tumbler of ice water on my nightstand, and that has helped a lot. Hang in there pal, it may take a while. You know us older guys hate change worse than cats do.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic