Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, i was wondering if the fobo's have any problem with galvanic fusing with metal valves like i use on my wheels

Spyder Garage

Ebay search EU to US AC adpater plug... Millions to choose from!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Lamont, i was wondering if the fobo's have any problem with galvanic fusing with metal valves like i use on my wheels
    Lamont can answer but no from me....
    The cases are hardened plastic and the valve components as well.
    No worries there.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotRider View Post
    what charger did you go with?...are you satisfied with how well it works?...
    can you give details on how/where to get it
    thanx
    Finless is the one with the charging system. My fobo batteries are holding up well. My wife on the other hand is having problems with the batteries running down. I put new ones once and those are now showing in the red meaning they are run down. Her bike has not left the garage once.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Lamont can answer but no from me....
    The cases are hardened plastic and the valve components as well.
    No worries there.

Bob
    sorry i should have been more specific, the galvanic fusing that occurs with tpms is on the threads from valve cap to valve.

Spyder Garage

Default no monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I installed my first set of FOBO's on my F3 today and it wasn't too bad to setup. After downloading the app you create an account using just your email address. Once you do that you just add your bike and go through the step by step. One thing I found interesting is the app couldn't find the sensors unless I touched the sensor to the phone as they say to do. I was sure it wouldn't need to do that but after several attempts I decided to follow the directions and sure enough it worked.

After the install was complete I immediately got a warning that my rear tire was low from the 28 psi I set it at. So then I pulled the cap and put air in it and then put the cap on. I had the right pressure but I had removed the locking nut to be able to put air in so I had to remove the FOBO again and install the locking nut. I thought I would lose some air by doing that but as you can see my the last picture and time stamp I didn't lose any air at all.

I plan on adding these to my RT, my RT trailer and Joans F3 so I can check air in all of them on the same app. You just go through the setup again and name and take a picture of each bike or trailer you have monitors on. I got to say for me this is really handy because I don't check the air in my tires as much as I should. This for sure is a Lamonster Garage approved product.

You still have time to get these before Christmas!
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo-electronic-tire-pressu…/

So there is no monitor to have to install. So you just use the app to view your air pressure readings.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lmadsen View Post
    So there is no monitor to have to install. So you just use the app to view your air pressure readings.
    Correct. Just the phone app.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

In lamonsters post it shows a spyder icon. you can actually replace that with a pic of your spyder if you wish. FYI
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default cost

Is the app free?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lmadsen View Post
    Is the app free?
    yes and we have the direct links toward the bottom of this page
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo-...et-of-3-black/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    In lamonsters post it shows a spyder icon. you can actually replace that with a pic of your spyder if you wish. FYI
    Not quite..... you can add a picture of your own Spyder or whatever on the main menu for choosing a setup but you cannot change the picture of the screen that show the pressure sensors.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Not quite..... you can add a picture of your own Spyder or whatever on the main menu for choosing a setup but you cannot change the picture of the screen that show the pressure sensors.

Bob
    Yes you can, I already did. I put the same pic that is in my sig in the center of the screen with the pressure sensors. I showed my wife how to do it and she just took a pic of her bike and that's what on hers.
    All you have to do is long press the center Icon for about a second. It will give you 3 options, take photo, pick photo, restore default.

PS... By the way, I got my FOBO cover stickers in the mail today. Thank You Lamonster, They look great!
    Last edited by AY4B; 01-25-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Yep, new feature they added. I had not updated my FOBO from the App Store in a while. Just did and I see they added that feature.

Thanks!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

This is another (one take video) that we did today at the shop. It's not perfect but it gets the point across as far as how to install and use this product. We keep a good stock of these now at the shop in black and silver and we ship all over the world. We can ship to Canada for around $10-$15 and we do this pretty much every week. If you have any questions give us a call or drop us an email. If you're on the fence this might push you off.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    By request we decided to kill two birds with one stone. For years people have been asking me for a domed decal to replace the small BRP logo on the gauge cluster on all the Spyders. It wasn't worth the setup cost for one little logo but then I had folks asking me for the Lamonster Garage logo for the FOBO's and they both happened to be the same size so I went ahead and made some up of each.
    If you order FOBO's from me now they will come with the Lamonster Garage logo in the kit as an option. You don't have to use them but they do look pretty cool. If you already have my spider logos you can request that we change the LG decals for the spider decals in your notes. Just another way to add a little custom touch to your Spyder.

If you bought your Fobo's from me send me a PM with your name and I'll send you out a set free of charge if you would like a set. Just tell me if you want the logo or the spider.

Got one on my dash
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3 Limited

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you have to remove the FOBO every time you have to put air on the tires, is that means that I have to do like a "new install" when I put the FOBO back after adding air on my tires?. I am asking basically do I unscrew the FOBO, put air on my tires, and screw the FOBO back on the tires and the I Phone will update, or I need to do the same as a new install having the I Phone closed to the FOBO and wait etc? Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    have to remove the FOBO each time you add or remove air?
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Default Here's a review

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan View Post
    There had been some conversation earlier this year in another thread about rubber valve stems and centrifugal force and the sensors adding too much weight and valve stem damage and yada yada yada.....

Any thoughts, and were those concerns valid? When air needs to be added, is the removal/reinstall of the sensors difficult or a pain in the rear?

Thanks!
    Here's a review that addresses those very questions on Youtube.....

Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    If you have to remove the FOBO every time you have to put air on the tires, is that means that I have to do like a "new install" when I put the FOBO back after adding air on my tires?. I am asking basically do I unscrew the FOBO, put air on my tires, and screw the FOBO back on the tires and the I Phone will update, or I need to do the same as a new install having the I Phone closed to the FOBO and wait etc? Thanks,
    You do not have to go through programming again to add air. Just unscrew them, add air, screw them back on... Done..

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great information, I ordered them from Lamonster this morning, cant wait to install them in my bike. Now what about the lock nuts, do I really need them, I do not worry about someone stealing the FOBO's but losing air without them that could be an issue. Thank you.
    You do not have to go through programming again to add air. Just unscrew them, add air, screw them back on... Done..

Bob
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

I, like many others have said, do not use the lock nuts and have no issues. Still very tight when time to top them off.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you, come on mail....
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    I, like many others have said, do not use the lock nuts and have no issues. Still very tight when time to top them off.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    Thank you, come on mail....
    Don't forget to get your custom Spyder graphic for FOBO from my other post

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default If I've read correctly, I DON"T have to use the locks?

I've read this entire thread, and NOT using the locks seems to be okay to do. That is the folks who thought it kept air from leaking out were wrong. Did I read that correctly? I have a real problem getting down on the ground as I cannot 'kneel' (trashed kneecaps). Hoping the FOBO's will help eliminate checking pressure for daily T-CLOCs, but I do not want to have to use the locks. Mostly because I'm worried about losing the little 'key' you need to remove them, but also because if I use them, it will make it just a bit harder to add air (especially on that blasted rear tire) and then my husband will insist that I - not him - be the one to do it. O
    Anyone leave the locks off and regret it?
    Placing an order with Lamonster this afternoon, so rapid responses are greatly appreciated!!
    GWRRA Virginia District Director. Because we don't care what you ride, just that you ride safe!

Tri Axis Handlebars / CB & upgraded antenna / GPS & Cell phone integration / Trailer Hitch / FOBO TP Monitors / Black & Pearl Ultimate seat
    Spyder Cuff / Custom Paint / Laser Alignment / Flag Poles / 3rd & 4th Rear Brake & Turn LED's / Gear Brake Decelerometer Module
    A whole bunch of lights from LaMonster and SpyderPops

Spyder Garage

Default Nevermind

So took a break before posting - I always like to re-read what I wrote before sending - and saw AFTER I posted that the question was just answered. Should have hit 'refresh'.

Going online to order FOBO's and bumpskid. And possibly the Spyder Cuff if they're instock.
    GWRRA Virginia District Director. Because we don't care what you ride, just that you ride safe!

Tri Axis Handlebars / CB & upgraded antenna / GPS & Cell phone integration / Trailer Hitch / FOBO TP Monitors / Black & Pearl Ultimate seat
    Spyder Cuff / Custom Paint / Laser Alignment / Flag Poles / 3rd & 4th Rear Brake & Turn LED's / Gear Brake Decelerometer Module
    A whole bunch of lights from LaMonster and SpyderPops

Spyder Garage

The Spydee has been sitting in the man cave for 14 weeks on the battery tender. I installed the FOBOs yesterday. Yep, need to change out the air in those tires before riding season.

Attached Images Attached Images
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat