Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I just got this information about the battery life on the CEO of FOBO. I had asked if I could get extra batteries to keep in stock.

I will try to explain on the subject of battery, which you see, is happening during the winter.
    Try to recall the old days of digital cameras; the flash wouldn’t work during winter, it needs to be warmed up before each use. Here’s the gist – battery has 2 parameters, voltage and charge (the amount of current residing inside the cell). I will put these in point forms;

1)A new battery has a nearly full charge, with a nearly full voltage of 3.3V at 23 deg C ambient.

2)Over time, whether in use or not, the charge will normally leak, and so the voltage will drop slowly.

3)When in use, the charge will drain faster per design, and so do the voltage.

4)Upon reaching a certain charge level, the voltage will start to drop ‘disproportionately’, each time the signal is advertised. This signifies the battery is getting near to end-of-life, and the electronic circuit needs at least 2.6V-2.7V to function. (You may experience this disproportional phenomena in your phone battery, the first 10% drop seems to take quite long, and thence, it goes to 50% before you have your lunch! Yaak!)

5)When exposed to cold temperature, the voltage will exhibit a lower level, even the charge level is maintained! Users will see 1-2 bars, though the battery is still new, within a couple of months.

6)The battery will still work, even if it is showing 1 bar. However, it will stop functioning at lower than -40 deg C/F. This doesn’t mean it’s dead, and it will come alive again when it’s warmer. (This explains the camera flash issue.)

7)Please do not change the battery, if it’s still new, as long as you are still getting signal. Wait till the winter is over, and it will show the correct voltage again.

8)As you can see, the battery will work between 2.7V to 3.3V, having a working band of 0.6V, over 4 bars. We programmed each bar to show a drop of 0.15V, and this is very very sensitive. This will explain why the batteries read differently esp during the winter. Also take note, not all batteries leave the factories at the same voltage, some were already 3.0-3.1V when we received them at our factory. This is normal for all batteries. This is why we are giving a spare set of battery as a goodwill for all new purchase.

9)We can ship batteries together with a box of sensors, as part of the inherent component. We cannot ship batteries separately, as we need to declare them as dangerous cargo, and it will cost a bomb. You can get them in most electronic stores, and any brand will do. Model is CR-2032, which is a standard description of the battery size.

Spyder Garage

Default On the subject of Caps...

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Lamont,
    Can you look into making some custom Lamonster FOBO Spyder cap covers? I noticed you can buy different covers at their store.

You may already have a sticker to put on the cover that has a spider on it.
    Has anyone used caps on their sensors yet? There was alot of talk about weight and issues with stems especially with other sensors like the Garmin. Are these caps like featherweight where they won't impact the total weight/bulk of the sensor? Do they fit the sensors snug? It seems like a good solution for a Limited/Chrome to get a black set then chrome caps for the front but want to make sure there would be no issues with them...

Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    Can you look into making some custom Lamonster FOBO Spyder cap covers? I noticed you can buy different covers at their store.

You may already have a sticker to put on the cover that has a spider on it.
    I can look into that. Thanks for the idea

Spyder Garage

Been reading all the post/comments and I so want to add to my list of things to get while at Spyderfest. But, I can not, for I do not own a smart phone or even iPhone. Hubby still have me in the dark ages---use a flip phone. But, I do have unlimited texting now--LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jat4736 View Post
    Been reading all the post/comments and I so want to add to my list of things to get while at Spyderfest. But, I can not, for I do not own a smart phone or even iPhone. Hubby still have me in the dark ages---use a flip phone. But, I do have unlimited texting now--LOL
    If you want to use FOBO but don't want to fork out the money for a new smartphone, you could buy a used Iphone or Android for very little money. Bluetooth does not rely on cell service, so you could just enable the bluetooth and pair it with the FOBO sensors. You would end up with an extra device just for the FOBO, but it would work.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I installed my first set of FOBO's on my F3 today and it wasn't too bad to setup. After downloading the app you create an account using just your email address. Once you do that you just add your bike and go through the step by step. One thing I found interesting is the app couldn't find the sensors unless I touched the sensor to the phone as they say to do. I was sure it wouldn't need to do that but after several attempts I decided to follow the directions and sure enough it worked.

After the install was complete I immediately got a warning that my rear tire was low from the 28 psi I set it at. So then I pulled the cap and put air in it and then put the cap on. I had the right pressure but I had removed the locking nut to be able to put air in so I had to remove the FOBO again and install the locking nut. I thought I would lose some air by doing that but as you can see my the last picture and time stamp I didn't lose any air at all.

I plan on adding these to my RT, my RT trailer and Joans F3 so I can check air in all of them on the same app. You just go through the setup again and name and take a picture of each bike or trailer you have monitors on. I got to say for me this is really handy because I don't check the air in my tires as much as I should. This for sure is a Lamonster Garage approved product.

You still have time to get these before Christmas!
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo-electronic-tire-pressu…/

So are they going to be at spyderfest 2016 like the lid locks were last year2015?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    If you want to use FOBO but don't want to fork out the money for a new smartphone, you could buy a used Iphone or Android for very little money. Bluetooth does not rely on cell service, so you could just enable the bluetooth and pair it with the FOBO sensors. You would end up with an extra device just for the FOBO, but it would work.

Pam
    It also works on my Ipod touch 5th gen!
    Won't work on a iPod 4th gen or a iPhone 4x as those do not support Bluetooth 4.0+

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    So are they going to be at spyderfest 2016 like the lid locks were last year2015?
    Yes, this year I'll have good stock of everything. I have good stock of the blacks now and I have another shipment of silvers that should be here by the end of the week.

Spyder Garage

Yes, this year I'll have good stock of everything. I have good stock of the blacks now and I have another shipment of silvers that should be here by the end of the week.
    You should also offer a combo. Silver on the front 2 and black for the rear. Or Make up your custom Lamonster caps for the front and black for the rear.
    I swapped covers with my wife and got a black on my rear with no lock nut and gave her the silver for her front Harley wheel. Black in the rear disappears while the front needs to be the farkle.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

This just might be a Spyderfest purchase for me...
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just got 20 more sets of the silver and they are going fast. If you you were waiting for them my stock is good...for today anyway.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo-...t-of-3-silver/

Spyder Garage

Default Which gauge to believe?

Just installed FOBO that I bought from Lamonster. It consistently reads 2 pounds lower on on each tire compared to JT Thorton's dual fill gauge that I have been using for 2 years. Which one can I believe?
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White, Mfg. date 1/28/2014
    BRP heated seat, BRP backrest, SpyderFlap, Tricled mirror turn signals, KOTT Grills, BRP adjustable side air vent, Bumpskid, Bajaron sway bar and heim links, Spyderpops belt guard, Tricled day lighters, Tricled fender LEDs, CD HMT running/brake LEDs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightening View Post
    Just installed FOBO that I bought from Lamonster. It consistently reads 2 pounds lower on on each tire compared to JT Thorton's dual fill gauge that I have been using for 2 years. Which one can I believe?
    Hmmmm mine measures perfectly matched to two gauges that I have in the garage. Maybe you got faulty sensors? I got mine directly from FOBO, maybe that's the difference..... dunno.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Mine also reads low compared to my trusty digital gauge.

Spyder Garage

So does mine but not 2 pounds. The difference may be .2 and that may be just taking the gauge off and on. You need to get it checked at the tire shop to get more readings.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

FOBOs were my first farkle and loving them. So nice to just look at phone and see tires are good to go. I was around 2 pounds off using cheap digital gauge but I invested in THIS one and it's almost dead even with FOBO. But IMHO you can just split the difference and you'll be fine. If it's off by 1 pound or so it should not be a problem, just make sure to keep them there.

Spyder Garage

Default Man with too many gauges

Man with too many gauges never knows the real tire pressure!

Been there done that.... The digital BRP gauges was the worst. Another digital gauge I have matches the FOBO.
    I also bought a dial type that was supposed to be very accurate. It wasn’t!
    The pen style pop out type are the worst. 3 of them I had all read differently!

The FOBO system was right on for me and how do I know? Being into RC aircraft when you have retracts on an airplane you have to pressure them very accurately. I had a gauge from a retract pump that had an expanded scale you could read it in .2 increments. It matched my FOBO system within .2.

One of the problems with mechanical gauges when used on the Spyder is the low pressures we run. Most of them are made to read car tires and thus expect 28 PSI or more! When you use them for reading 16 PSI the accuracy becomes a problem.

So from this experience just be aware the mechanical gauges (or some digitals) may not actually be accurate. I threw away 4 pressure gauges I had as they were all different.

Personally I would trust the FOBO system. If you feel you have 1 bad sensor, swap them between tires and see if a sensor reads differently than the others.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 01-16-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

By request we decided to kill two birds with one stone. For years people have been asking me for a domed decal to replace the small BRP logo on the gauge cluster on all the Spyders. It wasn't worth the setup cost for one little logo but then I had folks asking me for the Lamonster Garage logo for the FOBO's and they both happened to be the same size so I went ahead and made some up of each.
    If you order FOBO's from me now they will come with the Lamonster Garage logo in the kit as an option. You don't have to use them but they do look pretty cool. If you already have my spider logos you can request that we change the LG decals for the spider decals in your notes. Just another way to add a little custom touch to your Spyder.

If you bought your Fobo's from me send me a PM with your name and I'll send you out a set free of charge if you would like a set. Just tell me if you want the logo or the spider.

Spyder Garage

Thats Great news Lamont, check your PM's I sent you my request for 2 Lamonsters for the front and 1 spider for the dash!
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

By request we decided to kill two birds with one stone. For years people have been asking me for a domed decal to replace the small BRP logo on the gauge cluster on all the Spyders. It wasn't worth the setup cost for one little logo but then I had folks asking me for the Lamonster Garage logo for the FOBO's and they both happened to be the same size so I went ahead and made some up of each.
    If you order FOBO's from me now they will come with the Lamonster Garage logo in the kit as an option. You don't have to use them but they do look pretty cool. If you already have my spider logos you can request that we change the LG decals for the spider decals in your notes. Just another way to add a little custom touch to your Spyder.

If you bought your Fobo's from me send me a PM with your name and I'll send you out a set free of charge if you would like a set. Just tell me if you want the logo or the spider.

You need to start a new thread announcing this,
    Thanks, Bill
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Cool

I just watched your video on that, Thanks
    I think Ill order them off the web, I found a 10 pack for 7.99 with free shipping. Ill try that for now than have to get a charger.
    http://24hourbatteries.com/shop/cr-2...battery-10pcs/
    what charger did you go with?...are you satisfied with how well it works?...
    can you give details on how/where to get it
    thanx
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

I did build my own charger based on my video with the cheap circuit boards.
    But before they got here from China I also bought this.

It was the ONLY charger I found that will charge a single cell.
    It does have a EU plug so you will need a EU to US adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311088922158...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I did build my own charger based on my video with the cheap circuit boards.
    But before they got here from China I also bought this.

It was the ONLY charger I found that will charge a single cell.
    It does have a EU plug so you will need a EU to US adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311088922158...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bob
    thanx Bob
    for the clueless like me, where/what adapter do we need to get?
    Mike in Nawlins'
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=PatriotRider;1083651]thanx Bob

Here's a simple one. I have one that can be used around the world with different voltage/output ratings. I got mine at Best Buy.

http://www.sears.com/ablegrid-europe...1&blockType=G1
    Last edited by wyliec; 01-22-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool

[QUOTE=wyliec;1083660]
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotRider View Post
    thanx Bob

[/http://www.sears.com/ablegrid-european-euro-eu-to-us-usa-travel/p-SPM10703055125?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Here's a simple one. I have one that can be used around the world with different voltage ratings. I got mine at Best Buy.
    I was thinking of cheapest that would work available from ebay
    probably shipped from Asia like the charger
    Mike in Nawlins'
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders