Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up FOBO installed and it works!

I installed my first set of FOBO's on my F3 today and it wasn't too bad to setup. After downloading the app you create an account using just your email address. Once you do that you just add your bike and go through the step by step. One thing I found interesting is the app couldn't find the sensors unless I touched the sensor to the phone as they say to do. I was sure it wouldn't need to do that but after several attempts I decided to follow the directions and sure enough it worked.

After the install was complete I immediately got a warning that my rear tire was low from the 28 psi I set it at. So then I pulled the cap and put air in it and then put the cap on. I had the right pressure but I had removed the locking nut to be able to put air in so I had to remove the FOBO again and install the locking nut. I thought I would lose some air by doing that but as you can see my the last picture and time stamp I didn't lose any air at all.

I plan on adding these to my RT, my RT trailer and Joans F3 so I can check air in all of them on the same app. You just go through the setup again and name and take a picture of each bike or trailer you have monitors on. I got to say for me this is really handy because I don't check the air in my tires as much as I should. This for sure is a Lamonster Garage approved product.

You still have time to get these before Christmas!
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo-electronic-tire-pressu…/

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up On my to buy list.

I have downloaded the app but not purchased the FOBO yet since my has been put away for the winter. Maybe should not have put it away as the temp. is supposed to be 68 today. If Lamontster says it is good I will be ordering a set from him in the spring!!
    My new ride is a 2017 F3-L: BRP drivers backrest, F4 21" tinted shield w/vent, Lamonster fog lights, TRCLED cyclops light, red/black carbon fiber tank protector and dash kit from Wrap-My-Spyder, FOBO tire pressure monitors and more farkles to come.

Spyder Garage

Very cool. This is going on my Xmas list.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm interested and would like to order, but....

There had been some conversation earlier this year in another thread about rubber valve stems and centrifugal force and the sensors adding too much weight and valve stem damage and yada yada yada.....

Any thoughts, and were those concerns valid? When air needs to be added, is the removal/reinstall of the sensors difficult or a pain in the rear?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan View Post
    There had been some conversation earlier this year in another thread about rubber valve stems and centrifugal force and the sensors adding too much weight and valve stem damage and yada yada yada.....

Any thoughts, and were those concerns valid? When air needs to be added, is the removal/reinstall of the sensors difficult or a pain in the rear?

Thanks!
    These are much lighter than some on the market and my supplier assures me that this is not an issue because of the weight.
    As far as putting air in you just need to remove the locking nut, no big deal and I had to add air on the rear.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FOBO

Lamont it's a convenience on the Spyder ...imho it's a necessity on the trailer. If you get a flat you won't know until it's way to late to salvage the tire.....with the FOBO you might catch it .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Lamont it's a convenience on the Spyder ...imho it's a necessity on the trailer. If you get a flat you won't know until it's way to late to salvage the tire.....with the FOBO you might catch it .....Mike
    I plan on putting them on my trailer that a haul on too. After the last blowout I could use more than someone pointing to me on the freeway.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Do you............

have to remove the FOBO each time you add or remove air?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    have to remove the FOBO each time you add or remove air?
    Yes. There is a steel T-valve available but you have to break the tire down to install them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How will you see this in time while driving if the tire is going flat? As most do not look at there cell phones while driving.

I can see maybe at a gas stop or something then looking at the phone app..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    How will you see this in time while driving if the tire is going flat? As most do not look at there cell phones while driving.

I can see maybe at a gas stop or something then looking at the phone app..
    The FOBO system has relieved me of the burden of getting on my hands and knees every morning to check the tire pressure while doing my pre-ride inspection. That benefit alone makes it worth the money. I don't expect any TPMS to alert me if an unexpected event has created rapid deflation of one of my tires. Only my own riding experience and feel of the road can help me there. JMHO

Pam

P.S. The FOBO system does send out an audible alert if the pressure goes below the preset level. For those who have their phones plugged into their audio system, this would be very apparent.
    Last edited by Pampurrs; 12-12-2015 at 10:00 PM.

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

What took you so long Lamont, you are about 6 months behind the curve. I guess you wanted us to do the testing for you>

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    What took you so long Lamont, you are about 6 months behind the curve. I guess you wanted us to do the testing for you>
    Till my friend that distributes them contacted me it wasn't even on my radar. Been too busy making my own billet parts.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've had mine installed for about a year. They work great. I've had to replace 1 battery. It's convenient and accurate. I can hear the audible alert even without have the phone connected to the sound system. My phone is ram mounted where I can see and hear it. Great product.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I did a bunch of videos on this when it first came out. I was the first to put them on a Spyder.

There were lots of worries from people about rubber valve stems and what not.

Also I worked directly with them to get the 4th sensor in the software for the air shock. They did not get it right at first but now it is perfect.
    So if you also want to monitor your air shock, you can. One cool feature of that is you will now know if your air shock is leaking!

Here are some videos I shot all about it.

Review and install notes:

Opinion after 6 months:

What you learn when you use it and ride!
    Rear tire pressure changes a lot due to heat!!!

When I was working with them on the 4th sensor:

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Just found out it works on my Apple watch too

Spyder Garage

That's cool! Almost makes me want to get a Apple watch!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan View Post

Thanks!

These type of tpms have been out for about 5 or 6 years now that i have seen for cars & trucks. i am sure the newer type like
    the fobo are much smaller & lighter & should be no problem on bikes since they are specifically made to be used on our bikes.

Spyder Garage

Default Update.... Rechargeable Batteries!

2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

I use an android phone. I don't understand why I have to turn on the phones location (GPS) for it to work, especially since it's a Bluetooth device.

Spyder Garage

You don't

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    I use an android phone. I don't understand why I have to turn on the phones location (GPS) for it to work, especially since it's a Bluetooth device.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

If I don't, it won't even connect.

Spyder Garage

i just went out to the garage to check, and on my Samsung S6 Android phone you do not have to turn on location for it to connect - only Bluetooth.

Lamont, when installing mine I had the same problem you did with the locking nut. My "fix" was to just not use them. It makes adding air MUCH easier when you need to do it. I consider the FOBO to be one of the most useful mods i have done on the Spyder, and I've done a lot of them. It's absolutely great not to have to get down on my arthritic knees to check the tire pressures anymore.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default FOBO'S ARE GREAT! So is Lamonster

I ordered these from Lamonster and they were shipped to me very quickly. Hubby said to get them for my Christmas present. I am so happy with them as I didn't check the air often enough. When I installed them all three tires were low!!

Thanks to Lamonsters garage for getting them to me so quickly.

Very happy customer!
    Charlotte

Merry Christmas to everyone

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    If I don't, it won't even connect.
    It's your phone or the bluetooth settings/operation.