Spyder Garage

Default Rivco passenger arm rests on RT

Can anyone tell me if these arm rests can fold into the centre when no passenger is on board?

Thanks!
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Any comments on the Rivco units as to comfort would be welcomed as well. They seem to mount lower than others available...does that make a negative difference?
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

They look like the do. Why not ask them?
    http://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mot....html?___SID=U
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

They do not fold into the middle and according to my wife, they are very comfortable. She did try to put her weight on them when getting off the bike, but they're not designed for that. Fortunately there was no damage.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Rico armrests

As stated above they do not fold to the middle of the seat. They have enough friction in the folding action to stay where you place them. My wife likes them and they look good on the bike. I recommend if you are installing to use the step drill bit to drill the plastic as this prevents any damage to your speakers. You can buy the step drill at Harbor Freight for about $9.00.

Spyder Garage

We have over 60K on ours on two different Spyders. Wife loves them. There is a tension screw in the pivot so they can be adjusted for firmness. They only swivel out, but they still look good in the static position.
    [SIGPIC][img]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.prov.png?states=[img]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.prov.png?states=BC.ABhttps://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.prov.png?states

Spyder Garage

Default arm rests

We had them installed in late Oct. so not a lot of miles yet. They do swing out for my wife to get on the bike but do not swing into the middle, or swing around, if I'm solo. She loves them! Says she feels locked in and the position supports her arms. They do not support more than very light weight. Other back seaters have tried them on my bike and not cared for them. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

We have had the RIVCO's on our bike for over a year now and after I put a 1" spacer on them to raise them up Wife really, really loves them Ours do swivel into the center of the bike as well as out! Hum, they must have made a design change!
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    We have had the RIVCO's on our bike for over a year now and after I put a 1" spacer on them to raise them up Wife really, really loves them Ours do swivel into the center of the bike as well as out! Hum, they must have made a design change!
    It could be that the spacer you used bypassed the stop that prevents the rests from turning inwards.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

What kind of spacer did you use and where did you mount it? Are pics possible?
    Mods:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious...
    Since these rests only bolt to the plastic speaker housing; how much weight do you think they can support, before you start busing stuff?
    I know that Diamond-R's bolt to some solid mounts underneath the seat... I DID manage to have someone bend their mounting bracket, when he laid his 300 pounds into one armrest, during a clumsy moment...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm curious...
    Since these rests only bolt to the plastic speaker housing; how much weight do you think they can support, before you start busing stuff?
    I know that Diamond-R's bolt to some solid mounts underneath the seat... I DID manage to have someone bend their mounting bracket, when he laid his 300 pounds into one armrest, during a clumsy moment...
    They are designed to support 25 lbs each.

The Rivco armrests (same ones Ultimate Seats sells I believe) mount into plastic with 3 rubber expansion plugs (rubber plug expands when the bolt that goes through it has tension placed on it from a nut). My wife is light (120 lbs) and has not as careful as I'd like putting weight on the armrests. So far no issues.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    So there is some "wiggle-room" in the mount with those rubber plugs: excellent!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default The wife loves them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Any comments on the Rivco units as to comfort would be welcomed as well. They seem to mount lower than others available...does that make a negative difference?
    They do not fold in only out. The tension screw is adjustable. Easy to install and they look good. Plus side the wife is more relaxed and comfortable since I installed them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    It could be that the spacer you used bypassed the stop that prevents the rests from turning inwards.
    Your right! I now remember taking out the "Roll Pin" that prevented them from turning inn. As for the spacer, what I first did was use a of 1/2" PVC connector with 2 plugs to find the height that the wife likes, then had some solid bar stock laying around that I cut and drilled then painted. I do not have any pictures.
    Kent.
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.