Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust Question

Hi, I'm new to this site and was hoping to get a little feedback on exhaust setups. I have a 2015 F3-S and would like to give it a more aggressive sound. I don't really care if it gets a little louder from where stock is, just not obnoxious. I was going to trying playing with the baffles a little bit but after looking at the exhaust setup I'm really not sure on how that would work. If anyone has any experience playing with the stock exhaust to change the sound a little I'de love to hear it. If not, I'm considering going to TwoBrothers. Only problem with that is its going to play with the computer since that setup removes the converter and replaces it with a straight pipe.

Spyder Garage

Why don't you give this guy a call ( http://www.spyder1attitude.com ) and let someone who doe exhausts for a living tell you all about it. His prices are reasonable, and I know he has a good selection of mufflers to boot, not to mention he is a forum sponsor.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Check out pitbull's exhaust. It is sweet and reasonably priced.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NM Wrench; 04-03-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Man I'll be honest though those spyderattitude pipes just don't look too hot. I mean sound is important but it does need to look good.
    Last edited by CaptainX92; 12-08-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Does Pitbull have any videos of stuff he's done running so I can hear it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why not just try removing the catalytic converter first, and see if that'll fit the bill?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If you install the cat bypass you will like the sound.
    Spyderpops did that an it is very nice sound.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default I think so

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainX92 View Post
    Does Pitbull have any videos of stuff he's done running so I can hear it?
    They did some videos of the exhaust they made for the F3 just before spyderfest this year. It is stainless and a complete exhaust system from front to back!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    If you install the cat bypass you will like the sound.
    Spyderpops did that an it is very nice sound.
    I did mine that way at Biketoberfest and like it also, but am thinking I'd like just a little more.

David

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

could you possibly post any links to the videos?

Spyder Garage

I did the cat bypass on mine and kept the same oem tailpipe. lamonts performance pipe is all you might need!

Spyder Garage

I really like the 2 Bros with the P1X. Sounds mean when you give it a twist but sounds better than stock when you feather the throttle.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Call Pitbull, they have a full stainless exhaust.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I removed the honeycomb structure from inside the primary muffler and did major surgery on the secondary muffler: cut the end off remove all of the packing and baffles, welded the end back on. Increased the depth of tone, get a bit of the rumble, and he wind noise will over power it at 50+ mph. I opted to keep the flow path of the OEM to maintain some backpressure in the system: we are running in the torque curve, not drag racing top rpm hp.

No, I don't have a sound clip. Any cell phone-like capture will not project the real sound level as they apply a sound leveling algorithm to avoid hearing damage on he play back.

The primary muffler bypass and stock muffler sound OK. Internals on the OEM F3S muffler have the gas flow making an abrupt 90 deg turn into a small chamber, then enters the two tubes that you see at the discharge end. Other than the initial turn, the exhaust is straight through the muffler - no turn baffles, etc. The tubes are perforated and the whole thing is packed with a very large-diameter, fiber (glass?) packing.

I also polished and painted my primary muffler as I didn't care for the stainless steel finish.

You might be told that you could save weight by removing the primary. While this is true, the machine suffers from too much weight up from and not enough on the back, especially when riding solo; in full riding gear I weigh around 180#. Lots of wheel smoke ensues when grabbing a hand full of throttle. I kept the primary, then, to assist in the weight distribution.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

I had the TB system on my F3 and we had the Lamont pipe on my wife's F3. I found the TB to be to loud for long trips and liked the exhaust note on my wife's F3. Both pipes had decell poping, which from what I know and have been told is caused by a lean fuel/air condition. I removed the TB system and went with Lamont's pipe and added a Big City Thunder baffle to both. This ballel is very easy to install and adds enough back pressure back into the system to improve mid range performance and take care of the decell poping and has an excellent exhaust note which will not become tiring on long trips.

Spyder Garage

We went to Spyder fest and listend to several different set ups . Found the catalytic eliminater to be the best sound and it also was the lowest price. So we put one on our F3 and have no regets, the sound is good but not too loud for trips. Jim

Spyder Garage

Be careful with Two Brothers exhaust. I LOOOVE mine on the V-twin, it looks and sounds fantastic but it is pretty obnoxious. Most of the neighbors hate it and I don't think I could handle it on a long trip (done an hour at a time on it, no issues but any longer and I think I'd be a bit deafened).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

I have now done 2 F3 mufflers after mods they sound just like the Akrapovic.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I did mine that way at Biketoberfest and like it also, but am thinking I'd like just a little more.

David
    If you aren't in that big of a hurry, I have ordered Pit Bull Power Sports stain steel system for my RT and should have it in a week. I will provide a video after I have it on.

David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bruce B,
    What are you doing to them, and can you post a video with some sound?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Has anyone found any modifications to the stock exhaust. I had to ride my stock 2015 F3-S behind a 2015 RT-S with the A exhaust after they took the silencers out. Sounds like a different bike, I really don't want to spend money on a new exhaust system just yet.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=CaptainX92;1068794]Hi, I'm new to this site and was hoping to get a little feedback on exhaust setups. I have a 2015 F3-S and would like to give it a more aggressive sound. I don't really care if it gets a little louder from where stock is, just not obnoxious. I was going to trying playing with the baffles a little bit but after looking at the exhaust setup I'm really not sure on how that would work. If anyone has any experience playing with the stock exhaust to change the sound a little I'de love to hear it. If not, I'm considering going to TwoBrothers. Only problem with that is its going to play with the computer since that setup removes the converter and replaces it with a straight pipe.[/QUOT

Just get the Akrapovic slip on and leave the CC in place, awesome sound and not irritating..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainX92 View Post
    Man I'll be honest though those spyderattitude pipes just don't look too hot. I mean sound is important but it does need to look good.
    you from Ark. you need some shovelhead drag pipes..