Spyder Garage
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is it okay to chant, "We're number FIVE!"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TOP 5

I read the entire article and was surprised to discover the survey was from Consumer Reports research.....apparently they modified the Motorcycle survey they did last year because they felt those results weren't realistic. So Can-Am isn't in LAST PLACE ........the Spyder was FIFTH out of all the Motorcycles in the survey ( I don't know how many ...yet ).....Mike

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey i'll take it. At least we aren't in last place.
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it..

For all the bad publicity the numbers don't lie. (okay they get fudged) but I have always said these are reliable machine and suffer no more ailments than the others out there. After all there are only 100,000+/- running around and bet there are more doing that then the others. maybe soon
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am 84.324687459% happy with the new findings from CR. We had quite a discussion about the last place positioning when they published the stats previously. And...nobody asked me about mine anyway. I accounted for 5/100,000 of the population (.00005).

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I can't believe Honda Isn't closer to the top, They are one of the most trouble free bikes on the market..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Remember, customer satisfaction does not always mean dependability or trouble free. It is the whole experience.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You can make any survey point in direction you choose. Ask right number of questions for what you want & ignore the rest. The survey results dont have to show the questions or relevance, just results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    You can make any survey point in direction you choose. Ask right number of questions for what you want & ignore the rest. The survey results dont have to show the questions or relevance, just results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correctomundo my good man! You have done your homework. Statistics only show what you want them to show and are manipulated by those trying to make a point or lack of one.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i'm surprised harley beat out honda

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Remember, customer satisfaction does not always mean dependability or trouble free. It is the whole experience.

I think Victory wins with style points, Honda with dependability, BMW for snob appeal, and Can-Am is just the best, IMHO. But I don't know what HD's doing on the list at all!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

HD= Customer satisfaction as in Fraternity and club/ family interaction, with brilliant marketing

Sam
    2021 Spyder RT ES6 PETROL metallic. Carthage, Missouri 64836

Spyder Garage

I've never had a bad Yamaha either. they didn't even make the top five.

Spyder Garage

Default Honda

Quote Originally Posted by STELLING MAN View Post
    I can't believe Honda Isn't closer to the top, They are one of the most trouble free bikes on the market..
    has had some brake recalls (and a few others) more recently which would have hurt them.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Whats a Victory and how did they get in first place by such a wide margin??
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Not bad for a company that has not been making motorcycles very long (5)
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

AY4B ^^ How did they get ahead by such a wide margin? Easy really, firstly you target mainly the 'likely Victory buyers' in every way you can to get more of them to answer the survey than buyers of other bikes (by city, suburb, dealer, magazine buying profile, internet website, etc, etc) and then you bias the questions towards getting the desired response from satisfied Victory owners.... you can even make some of the 'qualifying questions' work to exclude people who aren't happy Victory owners.

All up, you initially slant the survey so that those who aren't likely to support your desired outcome don't bother answering, then you find whatever reason it takes to exclude the responses that don't agree with your desired outcome..... Going to the slightly ridiculous in order to provide an example, you could go about it something like this:

1). collect any 100 motorcyclists together from those you meet at a Victory Dealers launch;
    2). aim your first questions to identify who out of those 100 ride Victory's really like them & then ask ONLY those to proceed apart from a very few 'control' respondents - say 10 avid & happy Victory riders & no more than 2 or 3 riders of any other make (no more than 5 more total) & if you want to show Honda's up as being a poor choice, make sure only 1 of those 'other' respondents is a Honda rider;
    3). then ask ONLY those remaining respondents to complete the rest of the survey, knowing the survey questions have been worded to get the answers you want from the happiest Victory owners.....

If there's only one Honda owner out of the total 15 that you allowed to answer the whole thing, then you KNOW that Honda won't figure highly in the results, just like you KNOW that Victory's will score better than the rest in the satisfaction results because of the way you've skewed & worded the questions.

It's just like the 'trick question' game - Answering Yes or No, answer this question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Whaddya say.... "Ye....errr... n.... errrr...errrr"
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-24-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Where is the "INDIAN" in this survey??????????????

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    AY4B ^^ How did they get ahead by such a wide margin? Easy really, firstly you target mainly the 'likely Victory buyers' in every way you can to get more of them to answer the survey than buyers of other bikes (by city, suburb, dealer, magazine buying profile, internet website, etc, etc) and then you bias the questions towards getting the desired response from satisfied Victory owners.... you can even make some of the 'qualifying questions' work to exclude people who aren't happy Victory owners.

All up, you initially slant the survey so that those who aren't likely to support your desired outcome don't bother answering, then you find whatever reason it takes to exclude the responses that don't agree with your desired outcome..... Going to the slightly ridiculous in order to provide an example, you could go about it something like this:

1). collect any 100 motorcyclists together from those you meet at a Victory Dealers launch;
    2). aim your first questions to identify who out of those 100 ride Victory's really like them & then ask ONLY those to proceed apart from a very few 'control' respondents - say 10 avid & happy Victory riders & no more than 2 or 3 riders of any other make (no more than 5 more total) & if you want to show Honda's up as being a poor choice, make sure only 1 of those 'other' respondents is a Honda rider;
    3). then ask ONLY those remaining respondents to complete the rest of the survey, knowing the survey questions have been worded to get the answers you want from the happiest Victory owners.....

If there's only one Honda owner out of the total 15 that you allowed to answer the whole thing, then you KNOW that Honda won't figure highly in the results, just like you KNOW that Victory's will score better than the rest in the satisfaction results because of the way you've skewed & worded the questions.

It's just like the 'trick question' game - Answering Yes or No, answer this question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" Whaddya say.... "Ye....errr... n.... errrr...errrr"

Yep, just what I was thinkin.
    And yes, cruzr Joe, Where is Indian?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I read somewhere that something like 77% of statistics are made up or wrong.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Where is the "INDIAN" in this survey??????????????

Cruzr Joe
    I assumed it's included with Victory!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's an old saying:
    "Figures don't lie; but liars can figure!"

Do I dare say that Statistics can be shown to prove that NOBODY trusts statistical surveys???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    There's an old saying:
    "Figures don't lie; but liars can figure!"

Do I dare say that Statistics can be shown to prove that NOBODY trusts statistical surveys???
    That's not true, it's only 86.27%

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But I saw it on the internet!