UPDATE as of 08-31-2016
I am very excited to announce that we have secured a host hotel for Spyders in the Ozarks and you can start booking your rooms now.

For those of you that went to the very first Spyderfest here in Springfield you'll remember the location but the hotel itself has been completely renovated inside and out. I had a chance to tour the hotels and checkout the rooms and you won't be disappointed. This is perfect for our event and plenty of room for a few vendors to setup too. As stated before there is no cost for this event for vendors or riders and even though it's a Spyder event all bikes are welcome. Right now we have 75 rooms blocked and the hotel has a little over a 100 rooms. If we fill these up there's another hotel next door that they own too that will be available. I would encourage to book in this hotel so we have the party all in one place, if you book else where it kind of kills the whole idea of being together as a group. For sure the time we spend not riding and just kicking tires in the parking lot will be valuable part of this experience.

Here's the hotel information.
When you call book under Spyders in the Ozarks for your discount rate.
Phone 417-520-6200
Clarion Inn & Suites
3370 E Battlefield Rd.
Springfield MO 65804
They have limited rooms on Wed. 9/21 but are wide open from 9/22 to 9/24

These are the numbers we have to date from our Facebook page.
150-200

CLICK HERE to see some of the pics from the 2013 Spyderfest at this hotel

We are looking for ride leaders too so if you know of a great ride in this area and wouldn't mind showing a few folks please let us know and we'll post the details here. Thanks

If you're a Spyder vendor and would like to setup in the hotel parking lot for free please contact me. Thanks

Update to this post above: Since moving here to Springfield MO I've never been able to pull-off a Lamonster BBQ like I did in East TN. I think I had about 350 or so Spyders and fed over 600 at the last BBQ I had at my place in TN. This was all done free of charge and we paid for the meal from your donations. It worked out just fine every year, sometimes to the dollar.

So after living here for a couple years now I've learned that the riding here is amazing! I loved riding in East TN and it does have some iconic roads but don't count out Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. Joan and I have some favorite rides we like to do and they can take all day or just a few hours depending on how much time we have to play. We would love to share these rides with you all. This would be a different format than Spyderfest and I'm looking to have it in the September/October timeline.
http://motorcycleozarks.com/

The plans are to find a host hotel where we can setup the vendors for free. If I can't do that there are other options I can look into. I haven't talked to too many folks about this yet but I did talk to Spyderpops and Pitbull and they are in. I'll contact some of the good Spyder vendors and see if they can make it too. The plan is a no cost event with plenty of self-guided rides and a place to hang out with vendors to support your farkle needs. I've contacted a BBQ guy that has the best BBQ I've ever had in Springfield and he's game too. I do know some of the vendors want to ride too so it won't be all work and no play.

This is not a replacement for Spyderfest in any way. Keep your expectations low and you'll be fine. This isn't an event like Spyderfest, it's more like a friendly get together of riders like it was at my BBQ. The vendors are a sideline to the fellowship and the riding and of course the food.

So what do you guys think? Are you in?