Spyder Garage

Default WATER LEAK - FRUNK AREA

2015 RT LTD

Tonight I opened/removed the black plastic cover to gain access to the batter. When I removed the plastic cover I noticed water sitting in next to the battery location. I than opened up/removed both fuse covers in the frunk and both covers had water sitting in them on the inside.
    Needless to say not a good combination water & electrical.

Has any one else experienced this same problem with their 2014/2015 RT?
    If so where was the water coming from and what did the dealer do to correct this issue?

Thank you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrike View Post
    2015 RT LTD

Tonight I opened/removed the black plastic cover to gain access to the batter. When I removed the plastic cover I noticed water sitting in next to the battery location. I than opened up/removed both fuse covers in the frunk and both covers had water sitting in them on the inside.

If so where was the water coming from and what did the dealer do to correct this issue?

Thank you
    Your frunk latch may need adjustment so it closes the frunk lid tighter on the rubber seal. Try that first.

Spyder Garage

So if I understand you correctly. You don't have water in the trunk but behind it. Well that is outside fully exposed the elements and should be expected.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I know there was a recall on the seals on the fuse panels for the 2013 ST, not sure if there were any recalls for other years

Spyder Garage

The front frunk (storage area) is dry. I removed the fabric liner in the frunk and all is dry. This means the water is coming in from the external part of the frunk (outer side) and getting into the inner sides of the battery area and the two fuse area.

Spyder Garage

Your battery is outside behind the trunk. So are the fuse boxes. It can get wet outside.
    Last edited by billybovine; 11-12-2015 at 08:27 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had water in one of the fuse boxes the first time I checked it. I checked the second one and found no water, but it did make me that the cover was on upside down. I installed it the right way and have never had it again.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2015 RT LTD

Thank you
    i just did a post on this. My trunk has been leaking for a while. Dealer is sending 2 new fuse box covers. I'm suspecting the leak might be coming from where the 2 frunk pieces connect above the battery.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    i just did a post on this. My trunk has been leaking for a while. Dealer is sending 2 new fuse box covers. I'm suspecting the leak might be coming from where the 2 frunk pieces connect above the battery.
    Thanks. Is your dealer looking into the cause of this leak?
    My covers look fine. The one gasket/seal on the right fuse holder is a little defective but the other side is leaking too. I'm thinking the water is coming from the outer areas of the frunk.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. Is your dealer looking into the cause of this leak?
    My covers look fine. The one gasket/seal on the right fuse holder is a little defective but the other side is leaking too. I'm thinking the water is coming from the outer areas of the frunk.
    if the fuse box covers don't fix it then I'll make the day trip to dearler for fix or take trunk off a& caulk it my self.

Spyder Garage

if the fuse box covers don't fix it then I'll make the day trip to earlier for fix or take trunk off a& caulk it my self
    Thanks for the info. Lets hope the replacement covers will look after the leaks you are having.
    Did you happen to check the battery area? This is where I first noticed the water issue. I know the battery area is the lowest area for the water to pool at.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Lets hope the replacement covers will look after the leaks you are having.
    Did you happen to check the battery area? This is where I first noticed the water issue. I know the battery area is the lowest area for the water to pool at.
    below is a pic of where I suspect it might be leaking. I did a rain test and both fuse boxes were full of water. Thee right fuse box lid was leaking & looked like the seal had melted at the bottom. I asked dealer to replace both just to be safe. It was hard to figure out of the pic below was leaking or just residue from fuse lid
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

below is a pic of where I suspect it might be leaking. I did a rain test and both fuse boxes were full of water. Thee right fuse box lid was leaking & looked like the seal had melted at the bottom. I asked dealer to replace both just to be safe. It was hard to figure out of the pic below was leaking or just residue from fuse lid
    My right fuse cover the gasket/seal does look melted too.
    Lets hope the dealers can fix these issues with wet frunks.