Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Best Prices/places to buy Spyders - iMotorsports

I recently bought a 2015 Spyder RT for around $20,000 and had it delivered to my door FOR FREE!
    I purchased through iMotorsports near Chicago IL , anyone else use them?
    if you have, do you know if these lower prices are offered yearly?
    I'm hoping the same happens for the 2016 models.. Then I can hand this one over to my wife

Spyder Garage

and on your new .

I would give them a call and tell them your plans.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTommy View Post
    I recently bought a 2015 Spyder RT for around $20,000 and had it delivered to my door FOR FREE!
    I'm hoping the same happens for the 2016 models.. Then I can hand this one over to my wife
    Im in the process of getting one right now, just waiting for them to ship it to me. How long did it take to get to you once it was actually shipped and where are you? Did you get the base RT? i would have like the adjustible suspension and heated passenger grip options on the RTS but the black rims and little chrome farkles didnt do anything for me and for $3000 more i just could not go for it. I already spent more than i should have anyway

I imagine they put out prices like that every year when they are trying to get rid of the last years models, just never know what they will have left at the end of the year.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It seems like the lowest prices are normally present from mid September until end of October. I purchased my 2014 RT SM6 from a dealer in Texas for $17,499 last year. I ended up spending about $900 for shipping, but it was really worth the savings. I will be checking for some similar deals on the F3T next fall.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2015 RTS from them in March. I got a good deal back then but not quite as good as yours. Got to remember the prices come down after the newer model hits the showrooms. iMotorsports are great to deal with. Mine was hassle free.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Hello everyone I am new to the website. I dont have a spyder yet but want to get one.

Whats the difference between the 2015 F3-S to 2016 F3-S?

I have been reading the forum a lot here and ppl are having issue with the 2015 models..

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    It seems like the lowest prices are normally present from mid September until end of October. I purchased my 2014 RT SM6 from a dealer in Texas for $17,499 last year. I ended up spending about $900 for shipping, but it was really worth the savings. I will be checking for some similar deals on the F3T next fall.
    damn you beat me by about $500 however they did give me a great $ on my trade in. No freight or set up charges? Im so impatient for mine to show up right now
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    Im in the process of getting one right now, just waiting for them to ship it to me. How long did it take to get to you once it was actually shipped and where are you? Did you get the base RT? i would have like the adjustible suspension and heated passenger grip options on the RTS but the black rims and little chrome farkles didnt do anything for me and for $3000 more i just could not go for it. I already spent more than i should have anyway

I imagine they put out prices like that every year when they are trying to get rid of the last years models, just never know what they will have left at the end of the year.

I went with just the standard Rt model.
    Once it was shipped it took about 2 business days. I am out in the middle of nowehere Utah

Spyder Garage

Once it was shipped it took about 2 business days. I am out in the middle of nowehere Utah
    thats awesome, hope i get mine as quick. They are supposed to get it out this week.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BASIC RT

....with your choice. If you are even a little bit handy and have some tools, you can do all sorts of fairly easy up-grades to your Spyder, for very little cost.....Speakers = $ 120.00----- floor boards = $ 35.00 ---- LED mirror trn sig lites = $20.00 --- LED around trunk edge = $ 25.00 -- etc., ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....with your choice. If you are even a little bit handy and have some tools, you can do all sorts of fairly easy up-grades to your Spyder, for very little cost.....Speakers = $ 120.00----- floor boards = $ 35.00 ---- LED mirror trn sig lites = $20.00 --- LED around trunk edge = $ 25.00 -- etc., ......Mike
    comes with 4 speakers doesnt it? you talking about upgrading them? Where can you get floorboards for $35. I am getting a manual can you use floorboards with a manual? RT should have a heel toe shifter on them i think
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT UP-GRADES

comes with 4 speakers doesnt it? you talking about upgrading them? Where can you get floorboards for $35. I am getting a manual can you use floorboards with a manual? RT should have a heel toe shifter on them i think
    ...After you get yours, I think you find that at about 50% volume the OEM speakers begin to break up and get worse very quickly with further increase.!!!........I did a post on what I and " beadaholic " did with ours, that was a 100 % improvement for $ 120.00......With a Manual Trans you will have an issue with floor-boards.....I have an SE , so it was easy.......Mike

Spyder Garage

Where is the post on the speakers? I dont recall that problem with my bros 12
    Rt but good to be prepared if i have that problem. Seen any posts about people trying to put a heel toe?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Here it is, on the way
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

comes with 4 speakers doesnt it? you talking about upgrading them?
    The base model, no. The wires are there but no speakers installed in the rear. Part of what you don't get with the lower price. You also don't get the automatic rear suspension system, or fog lights.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    The base model, no. The wires are there but no speakers installed in the rear. Part of what you don't get with the lower price. You also don't get the automatic rear suspension system, or fog lights.
    are you sure about that? i could swear it said rear audio and rear audio controls? Was not listed anywhere as the differences between regular and S model. At least on 2015

Spyder RT Features
    Rotax 1330 ACE in-line 3 cylinders, high torque engine
    Vehicle Stability System with ABS, traction control and stability control
    ECO mode smart assist
    Ultra comfort touring saddle and driver backrest ready
    Adjustable passenger footboards
    41 gal. (155 l) of storage
    AM/FM audio system with USB port and plug (Jack 1/8) for cell and MP3 player
    Anti-theft system
    Dynamic Power Steering
    Premium color digital gauge
    Comfort features like electronic cruise control, heated rider handgrips, adjustable electric windshield and more
    Windshield: Touring, electric adjustment
    Wind Deflectors: Standard
    Cruise Control: Electronic
    Seat: Ultra comfortable with lumbar support and passenger backrest
    Audio System: AM/FM audio system with USB port and 4 speakers
    Power Outlet: USB plug
    Spyder RT-S Features
    Adjustable rear air suspension
    12-spoke, Carbon Black Satin front wheels
    Refined front fenders with integrated LED lights
    Fog lamps and accent lights
    Carbon Black and Satin Chrome parts
    Heated passenger grips with control
    Front cargo light and liner
    Secondary gauges (fuel information, engine temperature)
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

are you sure about that? i could swear it said rear audio and rear audio controls? Was not listed anywhere as the differences between regular and S model. At least on 2015

Spyder RT Features
    Rotax 1330 ACE in-line 3 cylinders, high torque engine
    Vehicle Stability System with ABS, traction control and stability control
    ECO mode smart assist
    Ultra comfort touring saddle and driver backrest ready
    Adjustable passenger footboards
    41 gal. (155 l) of storage
    AM/FM audio system with USB port and plug (Jack 1/8) for cell and MP3 player
    Anti-theft system
    Dynamic Power Steering
    Premium color digital gauge
    Comfort features like electronic cruise control, heated rider handgrips, adjustable electric windshield and more
    Windshield: Touring, electric adjustment
    Wind Deflectors: Standard
    Cruise Control: Electronic
    Seat: Ultra comfortable with lumbar support and passenger backrest
    Audio System: AM/FM audio system with USB port and 4 speakers
    Power Outlet: USB plug
    Spyder RT-S Features
    Adjustable rear air suspension
    12-spoke, Carbon Black Satin front wheels
    Refined front fenders with integrated LED lights
    Fog lamps and accent lights
    Carbon Black and Satin Chrome parts
    Heated passenger grips with control
    Front cargo light and liner
    Secondary gauges (fuel information, engine temperature)
    It looks like there is a change from 2013, or maybe 2014. The 2013 base RT did not have rear speakers. It looks like from what I can find for specs the 2015 does as it includes psgr controls. The 2016 definitely does as the spec for it states 4 speakers and psgr controls. I don't know about the 2014.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have yet to even set foot in their facility. How is it????
    Last edited by Smokinspyder; 11-13-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2015 RTL from them the end of July. I live in Dorr Michigan about 3 hours from where they are in Chicago.
    I had talked to Jason on the phone and emailed him. We went to drop my son off at the airport to go on a mission trip and I told my wife I wanted to stop by their facility to look at the yellow Spyder so I could see what the color looked like in person.
    Well Jason was great, the price was the best I had found anywhere on line, and even though I didn't get it that day, I put a deposit on it and picked it up 10 days later.
    Those were the longest 10 days ever!!!

The dealership is nice, an old Saturn dealer facility, Jason was awesome to deal with and he knew his stuff. I had an awesome exsperance purchasing from them and they have been great to answer any questions after. I would purchase there again in a heartbeat.

I gotta say though, that was the most expensive mission trip I ever let my son go on! Sure is a lot of fun though!!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue tooth

Where is the post on the speakers? I dont recall that problem with my bros 12
    Rt but good to be prepared if i have that problem. Seen any posts about people trying to put a heel toe?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
    Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and don't use the speakers on your motorcycle. No offense but no one else wants to hear your music, so keep it in your helmet with a Bluetooth com unit paired to a phone or other MP3 player! It will always sound better, and the world will thank you!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    It looks like there is a change from 2013, or maybe 2014. The 2013 base RT did not have rear speakers. It looks like from what I can find for specs the 2015 does as it includes psgr controls. The 2016 definitely does as the spec for it states 4 speakers and psgr controls. I don't know about the 2014.
    Interesting, because my base RT (2013) had the 4 speakers already there, they were just turned off in the control settings
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    Interesting, because my base RT (2013) had the 4 speakers already there, they were just turned off in the control settings

My base 2013 RT had rear speakers also.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

riding your Spyder with all that loud music, not much fun for me,
    just like skiing down the mountain with music in your ears, for
    me it's all about concentration on what's ahead , just saying.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and don't use the speakers on your motorcycle. No offense but no one else wants to hear your music, so keep it in your helmet with a Bluetooth com unit paired to a phone or other MP3 player! It will always sound better, and the world will thank you!
    The world we be out of luck most of the time i am afraid. What i love about the built in radio, i already have a BT helmet and listen to music on it, is the AM. Now i can spend the weekend riding without missing an Angel game, or the Kings for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    Good to know if they arent working on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    riding your Spyder with all that loud music, not much fun for me,
    just like skiing down the mountain with music in your ears, for
    me it's all about concentration on what's ahead , just saying.
    i dont blast it by any means but its one of those things that once i started doing it i can't go back. I am not one for silence to begin with but after i tried riding with something playing in the background i dont think i could go back
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I bought my 2015 RTL from them the end of July. I live in Dorr Michigan about 3 hours from where they are in Chicago.
    I had talked to Jason on the phone and emailed him. We went to drop my son off at the airport to go on a mission trip and I told my wife I wanted to stop by their facility to look at the yellow Spyder so I could see what the color looked like in person.
    Well Jason was great, the price was the best I had found anywhere on line, and even though I didn't get it that day, I put a deposit on it and picked it up 10 days later.
    Those were the longest 10 days ever!!!

The dealership is nice, an old Saturn dealer facility, Jason was awesome to deal with and he knew his stuff. I had an awesome exsperance purchasing from them and they have been great to answer any questions after. I would purchase there again in a heartbeat.

I gotta say though, that was the most expensive mission trip I ever let my son go on! Sure is a lot of fun though!!
    I also dealed with Jason, he was helpful and put up with my constant emailing so i will leave a nice message about them, when i actually get it. I know what you mean about longest 10 days. i signed the paperwork probably 7 or so ago and it just shipped on Wed. and i am just dying for this driver to call and at least let me know when he will be out here.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40