Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Need help (or suggestions) on my Spyder

OK so here is the problem,

Grocery Store, 1/2 mile from House

Gas Station, 1/2 Mile from House

Package Store (adult beverage store), 1/2 Mile from House

But every time i go to any one of these places when i return to the house my Spyder shows more than 25 miles higher!!!

Do you think it could be the alignment???

All helpful suggestions will be totally ignored.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, as you can probably tell this is a boring day.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Switched to kilometers! Mine did that once.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    The bike is working just fine; it's YOUR compass that might need some calibrating!
    After all; only twenty-five miles??
    We know that you can find more miles than that!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,
    The bike is working just fine; it's YOUR compass that might need some calibrating!

, i have a compass??? where is it????

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    Switched to kilometers! Mine did that once.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Default BORING DAY

BORING DAY, you say.....
    HOW ABOUT 14 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF RAIN.......

GAWD, AM I SICK OF THIS ......
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Spyder Garage

Sheila needs to give you a to-do list!!!!!!!
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    Sheila needs to give you a to-do list!!!!!!!

Hush up, you trouble maker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    BORING DAY, you say.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

We rode yesterday ................................. in a light rain.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope it has nothing to do with the trips to the liquor store!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

That is highly unlikely because i only use top shelf Booze.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

It's a motorcycle thing.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

The same thing happens to me, takes me 15 mins to get to work and over an hour to get home??

Spyder Garage

i would buy a new one
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

A girlfriend 12 miles out?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For sure it is your alignment. You might want to hop on your Spyder and ride out to Las Vegas so we can check it for you.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    BORING DAY, you say.....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Well sweetie, Frogg Togg up and go anyway!!! I know you probably have a car to use but you might as well take the spyder. The hubby (Tobor 9) and I have no choice, we have to take the spyder, but we made that decision to sell the Honda Pilot back in January. Do I regret it? Sometimes, when it's REALLY pouring for a # of days or cold (for us) or both - but I will tell you that however rainy or cold it is, I arrive at my destination happier then ever - even work!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Be preared!

The 1/2 mile to 25 miie error in your odometer wil only get worse. I am Spyder newbie and have observed the same phenomenon. My "quick" trips to the same store have resulted in more and more miles showing up on the odometer. I need to call the dealership and find out if this is a warranty issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Please tell us your not leaving key in & a joy rider has it back in time you dont notice other than that reset trip meter & same on gps to double check. Take a picture so you cant blame memory or dyslexia. Like ive had fun with

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    For sure it is your alignment. You might want to hop on your Spyder and ride out to Las Vegas so we can check it for you.

Best idea i heard all week.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bdomini View Post
    The 1/2 mile to 25 miie error in your odometer wil only get worse. I am Spyder newbie and have observed the same phenomenon. My "quick" trips to the same store have resulted in more and more miles showing up on the odometer. I need to call the dealership and find out if this is a warranty issue.

Apparently this is contagious.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Not good for any engine

Especially a Spyder or your own to only travel the distance you could walk. 25 miles would be a bare minimum. 100 miles now you are getting "closer" to satisfactory care of all engines!! Keep on keeping on that throttle!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Especially a Spyder or your own to only travel the distance you could walk. 25 miles would be a bare minimum. 100 miles now you are getting "closer" to satisfactory care of all engines!! Keep on keeping on that throttle!!!

1/2 mile is a loooong walk

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Are you still running Kenda tires
    They have been known to do strange things
    Maybe they are throwing your mileage off
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

I hafta agree with MurphyBrown here, you are obviously starting out on trips that are FAAAAR too short, it's not good for your Spyder at all!!! So, your Spyder is trying to tell you that you really NEED to plan on longer trips from the get go!!

Even if you only want to go to the grog shop, plan ahead & take the long way there & a different (longer if possible) way back!! Explore all the alternative (& longer) ways you can travel from home to wherever, but make sure you plan & aim for more distance every time!!

Oh, just a thought about another thing that might be contributing to your issue besides the wheel alignment - are you using the right brand & spec oil?? And what mileage are you travelling before each oil change? Apparently that can have an impact too!

A little background here..... I too had this mileage problem when I first got my Spyder, but the Dealer I purchased it from was very helpful in properly explaining the issue, so I was pre-warned & well prepared. When I picked it up at 9 am, on the dealers advice I took it for a quick spin around the block just to get used to it; travelled about 400 miles & took most of the day to do that (gotta keep the revs varying & avoid rapid brake/accel, etc) but I didn't leave the state.... After I'd seen him & finalised all the paperwork once I got back (at around 7pm that evening) I left it with him overnight to get some extra farkles fitted before collecting it & taking it home the next morning. When I arrived to collect it, I discovered that he'd brought his Spyder out so he could take a short break from work & ride with me for part of my trip home (nice fella, hey!) He left me to go on alone & went back to his showroom shortly after our third gas refill & lunch, so I went straight home from there - took me another 8 or so hours to do those last 500 miles, but I was trying to vary my speed & revs a fair bit still!

Anyhow, & getting closer to the point about oil (finally ) I haven't looked back since, altho at my last service I was advised that I should book & leave home for my next service at least 800 miles before it falls due; apparently they don't think I should hold up the scheduled oil change even if doing so will put it half way around the 1600 mile return trip to their workshop....

Sooo, some food for thought there.... I'll leave you to it!! I gotta go cos I'm meeting for a meal with some friends just down the road in about 4 hours, but if I don't leave soon I'll never cover the 300 mile trip I have planned to get me there, & I'd hate to be late!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-08-2015 at 09:34 PM.