Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: haggling

Spyder Garage

I can see that they may not want to haggle on new 2016 models.

You can get some great deals though on 2014 and 2015's ! Dealers have special pricing and rebates from BRP.

My 2014 ST-L was almost $25K MSRP. Dealer advertised with rebates $17,999.00 I had a check mailed out for $17,300.00 handed it to them and they accepted it. I was happy with that price and I thought it was fair for them too.

Now what I dont get; Back in 2008-2009 when Spyder were fairly new....I had spoken to 2 owners who purchased theirs for X dollars...... I offered the dealer the exact same $ for the same model....they refused to take it and the economy and their sales sucked.....they went out of business a few years later.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

I think you should always ask for a better price even on current year. What are they going to do,throw you out the door? The worst that will happen is they will say "no",but even if they only move a little that is money in your pocket. Maybe you get an extra year of warranty or an oil change or whatever thrown in.That is something you don't have to buy later.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Bought mine from Louis poweraports in Texas. On the internet saved myself $7000 on a new bike and had it ship to Florida.Every dealer I visited in Fl would not deal. I will be ready for a 2016 RTS blue my 2012 has 51k and has run good. I will check again the dealers in Fl to see if they will match Louis powersports if not I will buy from them again
    Last edited by jtoro1; 11-02-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

If you are not into haggling, which I don't particularly enjoy, and if you have a Costco membership, you can do what I did when I purchased my 2015 RS SM5 back in June. I used the Costco Auto Program to obtain a no-haggle price. The pre-negotiated price was a 14.8% discount off of MSRP. The discount was $2,218, which I was able to combine with the $1000 BRP incentive being offered at the time.

Beyond the initial discount I also get 15% off all parts, services, accessories and apparel. Not all dealers participate in the program but if you are fortunate enough to be near one that does, I would recommend that you try it out. I did have to go to the dealership. They wouldn't do it over the phone or by email.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GK72Cane View Post
    If you are not into haggling, which I don't particularly enjoy, and if you have a Costco membership, you can do what I did when I purchased my 2015 RS SM5 back in June. I used the Costco Auto Program to obtain a no-haggle price. The pre-negotiated price was a 14.8% discount off of MSRP. The discount was $2,218, which I was able to combine with the $1000 BRP incentive being offered at the time.

Beyond the initial discount I also get 15% off all parts, services, accessories and apparel. Not all dealers participate in the program but if you are fortunate enough to be near one that does, I would recommend that you try it out. I did have to go to the dealership. They wouldn't do it over the phone or by email.
    I learned something new about Costco.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I believe you just have to find the best deal where ever you can. Service will be just fine!

Where I bought mine they had 2015 RT-S brand new for $22,900. I opted for a 5 month old (bought in May and traded in October) RT-Limited with 3067 miles missing the GPS and luggage for 17k out the door. Perfect shape and they threw in the 3k service. Still feel like I stole it! I couldn't find any Spyder on the planet that cheap so look everywhere and jump when your ready.

My wife is a better haggler than I am and between the two of us we did well.

Good luck on your journey!

Tom

Spyder Garage

Default I always haggle

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
    I know you can haggle most dealerships, but I've been reading post online where dealerships aren't budging on can-am spyder prices. now I'm not planning on haggling them out of money(except if i can lol) but is it possible to haggle them and or get a good deal included in the final price, and how much have some of you been able to get taken off of the out of door price. thank you.
    When I spend that much money, I always haggle. I get three different vendors involved minimum to "fight" for my business. On my last Spyder, one vendor wouldn't quote me their best price because he said I was just going to go and use it to get a better price. I asked him if he was spending that much money on something wouldn't he? He said yes but still wouldn't play ball. So I left! Low and behold, he started leaving me voicemail messages saying he wanted to earn my business! Long story short, I ended up with a great price. Even got them to throw in a backrest! I didn't end up buying from the dealer who wouldn't give me a price. Too many others wanted my busines to LET him play.

bottom line....yes haggle your butt off!
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

Default Shopping...

Set your sights and price and shop. You will find it at this point time and distance is not your top priority. Would be nice if it were close and cheap not no longer likely. Most hold fast to what the public will pay and when. Pick your places and times and you will get your best price...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black