Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by viperryder View Post
    Had our 2011 financed through them and went to pay off using the rule of 78's, which is you only pay for money as long as you use, and they stated they do not do that. They charge interest for the complete length of the contract, no matter when you pay off. Bought 2014 with cash, best way. Good luck.
    It sounds to me like you've got that 'Rule of 78' thing backwards!!

My understanding of these things is that if you DONT pay your loan off early, then Simple Interest & Rule of 78 loans will have you paying the same amount of interest. BUT the trap with Rule of 78 loans is that IF you DO pay one of them off early, you still hafta compensate the lender for the interest they would've earned if you kept paying the loan for the whole period - so if you pay off a Rule of 78 loan early, you end up paying MORE interest than you would have paid if you paid your Simple Interest loan off early....

Which is why many lenders luuuurve the Rule of 78 loans but most Financial Consumer Advocates STRONGLY recommend against them!!

Check out out this 'quick explanation' that covers it pretty well & has a few good links explaining why it isn't such a good thing for you as a consumer, altho you will probably need to enter 'Rule of 78' into their search fields to get back to it -

www.tiac.net/~mabaker/rule_of_78.html

edit: sorry Pegasus1300 (& everyone else ) I didn't read down far enough to see that you'd already made that point.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-03-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Sheffield, 1.9% for 84 months through BRP promotion. 2015 RTS Intense Red 0 miles, purchased July 2015

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's not a good deal; it's a GREAT one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

They are a great bank and we use them quite a bit.
    They have better rates on lower terms and usually a credit union can beat a long term rate.
    But, that being said, they are easy to deal with and we submit the applications on line, usually takes no more than 5 to 10 mins to get a response.
    Once you book the loan and if you have any questions, you don't have to push a million buttons to get in touch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbee13 View Post
    Sheffield, Check, same here
    1.9% for 84 months through BRP promotion Check, same here (almost... see below)
    2015 RTS Intense Red Check, same here (except RTL)
    0 miles check, same here,
    purchased July 2015 Check, same here (because promotion was only for July)
    My deal was for a much lower price than the one that qualified for the 1.9 rate, so I was later told "1.9 rate OR lower price, but NOT BOTH". So I ended up with 3.9, not 1.9, but I didn't care because I intended to make a rapid payoff anyway. Now I'm hearing I'm going to be charged the full interest amount regardless? Whoa, that's news to me! If I have to pay the interest anyway, then their "No Prepayment Penalty" terms statement is BS and a bald-faced lie!

Anyhow, Gosh, we're not more than 50-60 miles apart! Where did you buy yours?
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Sheffield-

We used Sheffield and we just paid the bike off! Sheffield was fine for our first Spyder. Got a 3.? % interest rate.

We are contemplating buying a 2015 RTS-SE6 and our dealer said they do not go through Sheffield now and their rates are not very good. They are using other places to get the credit. Just FYI!

So if we bite the bullet and trade, our 2nd Spyder will NOT be financed through Sheffield.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just did a spreadsheet analysis of my Sheffield statements after having made 3 payments so far, all of which were several times the required amount. Prepayment on steroids, in fact!

The interest charges shown therein are exactly consistent with Simple Interest calculations, and the declining balance is dropping accordingly. There is no "forward weighting" or any other such exotic math going on here, at least not with my loan.
    So I'm happy with the deal, overall.

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Sheffield is a great bank with outstanding customer service. Just so you know, Sheffields current rates for Spyders are: 3.9% for 36 months; 6.9% for 60 months; 7.9% for 84 months. But most any of your local credit unions should be able to beat the 6.9% rate for 60 months...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    My deal was for a much lower price than the one that qualified for the 1.9 rate, so I was later told "1.9 rate OR lower price, but NOT BOTH". So I ended up with 3.9, not 1.9, but I didn't care because I intended to make a rapid payoff anyway.
    I dug back through my paperwork and found that I got mine for $7839 below the List Price, due to the BRP July promotion, and the leverage of the competing offer from Imotorsports.

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I wonder if that is because the dealer doesn't make as much money using Sheffield?

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    We used Sheffield and we just paid the bike off! Sheffield was fine for our first Spyder. Got a 3.? % interest rate.

We are contemplating buying a 2015 RTS-SE6 and our dealer said they do not go through Sheffield now and their rates are not very good. They are using other places to get the credit. Just FYI!

So if we bite the bullet and trade, our 2nd Spyder will NOT be financed through Sheffield.
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible