Spyder Garage

Default cam cover bolt torque spes

good evening all, does any one know the torque spec for the cam cover bolts or have a list of bolt torque specs for an 09 RS SE5, been trying to get them off the web so I can finish up. Have ordered a cd put its going to take a little while. Any help greatly appreciated
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GS1 View Post
    good evening all, does any one know the torque spec for the cam cover bolts or have a list of bolt torque specs for an 09 RS SE5, been trying to get them off the web so I can finish up. Have ordered a cd put its going to take a little while. Any help greatly appreciated
    I don't have an 09 manual. The 2013 manual says CAMSHAFT HOLDER SCREWS - Tightening Torque 11N•m (97 lbf•in). The 2010 manual says the same thing. Valve cover screws are 9 N•m (80 lbf•in).

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Caution....

Thread up above has some interesting points on this. If using the lb/in scale there is a difference with the conversion as to inch lb's and foot pounds. I don't believe the valve cover bolts are tightened to 80 ft lb's. Don't have the manual handy to confirm the torque...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I don't have an 09 manual. The 2013 manual says CAMSHAFT HOLDER SCREWS - Tightening Torque 11N•m (97 lbf•in). The 2010 manual says the same thing. Valve cover screws are 9 N•m (80 lbf•in).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Thread up above has some interesting points on this. If using the lb/in scale there is a difference with the conversion as to inch lb's and foot pounds. I don't believe the valve cover bolts are tightened to 80 ft lb's. Don't have the manual handy to confirm the torque...
    The valve cover bolts are not tightened to 80 lb-ft. The figures I quoted are verbatim from the service manuals. lbf-in equates to inch pounds which can be confirmed by converting 9 N-m to inch-pounds.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys thought as much
    2020 RT , Chalk White