Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Another Heat Issue

Since moving to Florida from Indiana, I have been away from this forum. The heat issue was terrible here in FL (on my 2013 STS Ltd) so when I finally checked this forum, I saw that dealers were replacing the side panels with 2014 panels.

I contacted a local Daytona Beach dealership and they were aware of the problems and in working with them, I was finally informed that BRP had 2 heat issue campaigns going for my model. I will first have to have the fusebox covered, or something like that. Then, and only then, if there is still a heat problem, the dealership will have to contact BRP again and get the new side panels.

My question is if anyone else had to go through this two-step process? This, of course, will entail two separate trips to Daytona and waiting on the bike because the dealership is about 30 miles away. The only silver lining in this process is that the temps have cooled down substantially now but I still have to lay a towel over the seat so that I don't burn my legs.

Thanks for your input.

Spyder Garage

I had the new panels put on my 2013 ST-L a few months ago and it definitely helped. I never heard of the fuse box modification. I actually contacted BRP first and they immediately gave me a case number which I provided to my local dealership. Parts came in within a few weeks and install took about an hour.

uploadfromtaptalk1445792307103.jpg

2013 Spyder ST Limited Black Current
    stock (so far)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Seminole Powers Sports in Sanford is a good dealer. Perhaps they would have a different take on your issue.
    2014 Black RT SE

Spyder Garage

The fuse box reseal was part of a RECALL not TSB that also included updated ECM programming that did indeed make the engine run cooler (less lean at idle). This was BRPs first attempt at heat reduction on the 2013s and should have been done to your bike already. If not, you need it done.

The body panel replacement on the 2013 STs is an owner satisfaction program and requires documentation that your bike is hot and a request for the panels through the dealer system. This cannot be done until the prior RECALL is complete. The two campaigns were nearly a year apart so most folks don't see the relationship. Your dealer and BRP do.

Get the recall done. Pick up the bike and go for a nice ride, say 50 miles or so and go back to the dealer if its still too hot for your on the body panels. Then ask the dealer to order the 2014 Panels.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

in a nutshell

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

might call around. Longer trip but only ocnce may be your solution if you find a dealer who can do them both. If they both help they should both be done so as not to depend on ones tolerance to heat...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Poor customer service anyway you look at it. It should be a BRP problem to solve not yours.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

A big "thank you" for letting me know these facts. I was starting to doubt my dealer. Now I feel a lot better about getting the first work done. I've already had something done which was recall work ... thank heavens we have computers which details ALL work done to my bike ... so that this new dealer here in Florida can already see what's been done.

Am still waiting for a call about any parts coming in that are needed for the first step; been over two weeks, but I'm not losing faith thanks to you guys. Again, thank you.

Spyder Garage

At 2 weeks, you should get a call from the dealer soon, it took about that long for the dealer to get my side panels. Good luck and enjoy the difference after the panel swap.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've had both done and it helped but not much here in Bama still hot at times...

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Now that we are having colder weather in PA, I sure do miss those hot panels on my 2013 STL.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was very happy with the change and the results from having the panels swapped.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm planning on replacing the muffler gaskets where they go into the cat converter. Last year it was ok, this year I'm feeling more heat. Not enough to bother me too much just enough to want a cooler ride in summer.

I have Baker Built air wings that work very well with the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red