Spyder Garage

Default light weight full cover

Good evening
    We bought the can am full cover when we got the bike. We park the spyder outside and the cover works well -most times. There are weeks we ride and weeks we don't. For the weeks we ride, a lighter weight, easier to put on, throw-over cover would be nice.

I did a Google search - Nelson Rig, Champion, and UltraGard came up. I don't know anything about them.

Small folded package would be nice, but not mandatory.

Any suggestions?
    Carl & Annette
    2015 RTS Special se6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iceworm View Post
    Good evening
    We bought the can am full cover when we got the bike. We park the spyder outside and the cover works well -most times. There are weeks we ride and weeks we don't. For the weeks we ride, a lighter weight, easier to put on, throw-over cover would be nice.

I did a Google search - Nelson Rig, Champion, and UltraGard came up. I don't know anything about them.

Small folded package would be nice, but not mandatory.

Any suggestions?
    personaly I tried all three & ended up with brp half. Fits like it's supposed to. No sun fade either like Nelson rig did. I would look in forsale section if someone has one

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My half cover came with my Ultimate seat. It was free with my purchase. I don't know if you can get them from Ultimate, but it works just fine, and comes with it's own attached pouch.
    You may want to check with them or check online.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have both BRP covers, and am completely satisfied with them. The Full cover completely protects the bike for those longer idle periods... , while the half-cover is great for travelling. It can be thrown on in about two minutes or less, and is very secure...
    For daily outings; I have a seat cover from the Spyder Sisters... I got that off of EBay. It works great in keeping curious folks from trying to sit on my bike...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the BRP Travel cover that covers the windshield and everything behind it. Form-fitting, works well and has a built-in pouch.

I also have a "Sun Shade" from Spyder Sisters. It covers from the instrument cluster on back - very light weight and very easy to put on and take off. It also has a built-in pouch that takes up very little room. It's the one I use the most - parked at work, etc.

Spyder Garage

This is what I use every day!
    I park in a open parking lot in the sun. I use this to cover it and keep it cool, bird doo off, etc.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

We looked hard at the half covers. What I am after is to keep the sun off of it during the weeks we ride. This is the first time I have lived in sun country. Half the cars I see have sun damaged paint. I'm told that if I don't use a windshield cover in the cars, the sun will eventually rot out the dash.

Could be I am unduly concerned about sun damage to the plastic and a half cover is fine. It would keep the windshield, instruments, and seat out of the weather. They are like the most vulnerable.
    Carl & Annette
    2015 RTS Special se6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I park in a open parking lot in the sun. I use this to cover it and keep it cool, bird doo off, etc.

Bob
    This could be what I'm looking for. Three years would be fine. It's an RSS dust cover? Likely rated for indoor?
    Carl & Annette
    2015 RTS Special se6

Spyder Garage

This could be what I'm looking for. Three years would be fine. It's an RSS dust cover? Likely rated for indoor?
    Yes it is the Can-Am RS Indoor cover. Part #280000338

You can find them on Ebay for about $100.

Google search that number and many listing will show up for Ebay, Amazon, etc.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

I have BRP full cover( my spyder Is outside and it works great for me).

I have the BRP half cover it fits snug, has straps to keep it secure, protects from the sun fade, it is a security deterrent (sort of), fits over the windshield, and handlebars, trunk, snug. It has its own carrying bag. Also, if fits in the frunk.

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 10-23-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I use a BRP cover that came with the bike. I bight it used from a private party,but it is made for a Spyder RT It covered everything except the fenders/Front wheels and even has zippered openings to go around the antennas on each side. It it great coming all the way down almost to the ground and tucking in snug around the nose. But then I went and put a rack on the trunk and now it doesn't fit so good. So if you don't have a rack this might be a good way to go. Mine is now almost 4 years old and holding up well. It does keep rain,snow,bird droppings and curious people off. It probably did have a bag at one time but who knows what the PO did with it. It rolls up pretty tight,tho without the bag I have found it better to fold it as tight as I can and put it in the frunk.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post

Bob
    LOL I thought that was you Bob. With a name like finless I figured there couldn't be many out there. I followed you on the r/c helicopter side years back, you taught me how to fly inverted and you didn't even know it!

Now I have a Spyder too......but don't show me any tricks like that!!!

Tom

Spyder Garage

Default covers

I'm on my 2nd Ultraguard full cover. First one the flap for the antenna came loose and they replaced the cover. Only issue is both the black one I had and the cranberry one I have now are not colorfast. Start out looking good and then the colors fade. Spyder is outside all the time and it does get sunny here in Texas. New one on Amazon is $85. I also have the BRP heavy duty one when I have the Spyder on my trailer.
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed View Post
    LOL I thought that was you Bob. With a name like finless I figured there couldn't be many out there. I followed you on the r/c helicopter side years back, you taught me how to fly inverted and you didn't even know it!

Now I have a Spyder too......but don't show me any tricks like that!!!

Tom
    Welcome to Spyder land

I promise I wont show you how to go inverted on your Spyder

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Are you still looking for a cover? If so, look at mine here in the 4 Sale section. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?87260-UltraGuard-full-cover-for-RT&p=1052978#post1052978

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Are you still looking for a cover? If so, look at mine here in the 4 Sale section. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?87260-UltraGuard-full-cover-for-RT&p=1052978#post1052978
    Saw your post. Looked like you had two interested. I'll send a pm
    Carl & Annette
    2015 RTS Special se6