Spyder Garage

Default Tail of The Dragon

For those going to Spyders in the Smokies, anyone planning on taking the quick run to the Tail of The Dragon? I know myself and at least one of the other Spyders with our group will be making this ride. Just curious if it will be taken over by the Spyders?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will be doing the dragon and cherohola skyway on Thursday after checking out some of the vendors. Friday I will be doing moonshiner 28 and head towards highlands. Might do the dragon once again on Saturday before I leave.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Living here in Maggie Valley, I recommend you ride the Dragon first thing in the morning. You will enjoy your ride far more without all the traffic.

Spyder Garage

This is my first spyder event and I was going for the vendors, group events, and the group rides which includes the tail of the dragon and several others. Do most people do their own thing or group? When I went to Sturgis and Daytona on 2 wheels, we did our own thing because it wasn't vendor specific.

Spyder Garage

I will run it Friday morning most likely.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We will be going to the vendors area in Fontana around 10am tomorrow. Probably hang around the area until noon. Then we will do the dragon and the cherohola Skyway before returning to Robbinsville. If you run across a couple on a black 2014 RT with another couple on a cognac 2014 RTS, you should join us.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    I will run it Friday morning most likely.
    Came down the Dragon a few weeks ago, I think I was about the only F3 I saw but of course the leave change is here so it will probably be busy. I am finishing the 28 run I started to the Highlands tomorrow b4 my front sprocket stripped out......

Spyder Garage

I ran the Dragon a couple of times last weekend. I realized talking to someone that the first time I ran it was 1985. Killboy got some shots of me, I'll buy a couple this weekend and post them up.