Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by desertryder View Post
    Dealer did not do an alignment and it does track perfectly straight, no abnormal tire wear evident either. Aside from the poor mileage, especially when ridden hard I have been very happy with the RT-S.
    Then you are one of the fortunate few. The great majority of Spyders do not track straight out of the box. And while the Spyder is a fun ride, if it isn't aligned properly it will fatigue a rider quickly with having to constantly correct the steering.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have to agree that it should be aligned properly out the door... but I've heard some say that can am changed the spec of the alignment from factory...so that's the reason so many are not where they should be. I will say it did make a positive difference in the amount of vibration we had before at high speeds 65+ & also in cornering.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I am driving back tomorrow from Biketoberfest down at Laser headquarters True Laser Track/Outlaw/ROLO

I had Mike recheck mine as I hit a deer....talking to Mike he has now done over 850 aligns since Summer of 2013 and only 5 have been perfect...i would have to say that your Spyder is OFF but you just don't know it....Mike says most people can tell right off but some drivers have no clue the Spyder is not correct,,,,he had one on Deadwood....the Spyder was so toed out and after he corrected it the rider went for a trial ride , came back after 10 minutes and said he felt NO difference....that is impossible but he was either lieing to get the FREE alignment( Mike guarantees to make you happy or you don't pay) so this guys alignment was free or he honestly had no feel for the road

So Mikes guarantee has changed...it is now " he guarantees a better ride and if you feel the alignment did not help he will put it back to its original "bad" specs and you don't pay....

But i am just saying EVERY Spyder needs to be checked

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skak72 View Post
    ... but I've heard some say that can am changed the spec of the alignment from factory...so that's the reason so many are not where they should be.
    That is not the reason. Spyders have been having the alignment problem for years. The ROLO laser alignment process was not designed by BRP, although they do encourage their dealers to use it now.

Originally BRP aligned the front wheels to the frame. The laser alignment system aligns them to the rear wheel. It makes a big difference.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    I am driving back tomorrow from Biketoberfest down at Laser headquarters True Laser Track/Outlaw/ROLO

I had Mike recheck mine as I hit a deer....talking to Mike he has now done over 850 aligns since Summer of 2013 and only 5 have been perfect...i would have to say that your Spyder is OFF but you just don't know it....Mike says most people can tell right off but some drivers have no clue the Spyder is not correct,,,,he had one on Deadwood....the Spyder was so toed out and after he corrected it the rider went for a trial ride , came back after 10 minutes and said he felt NO difference....that is impossible but he was either lieing to get the FREE alignment( Mike guarantees to make you happy or you don't pay) so this guys alignment was free or he honestly had no feel for the road

So Mikes guarantee has changed...it is now " he guarantees a better ride and if you feel the alignment did not help he will put it back to its original "bad" specs and you don't pay....

But i am just saying EVERY Spyder needs to be checked
    I would respectfully disagree that they all need to be checked. If there are no symptoms of a problem why spend the money? My Spyder has no pull/push, tracks straight as an arrow, no vibration, no tire wear. Steering at high speeds requires only a light touch. I have been riding a looooong time and have a pretty good sense of when any of my vehicles are not performing as designed so am happy with my rig as is. After hitting a deer I would certainly go over my Spyder with very carefully and consider an alignment if the deer hit the front suspension. Glad you were ok after the deer hit.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    That is not the reason. Spyders have been having the alignment problem for years. The ROLO laser alignment process was not designed by BRP, although they do encourage their dealers to use it now.

Originally BRP aligned the front wheels to the frame. The laser alignment system aligns them to the rear wheel. It makes a big difference.
    Hmm interesting...because it was a dealer person that told me that... I think they should all be laser aligned before hitting the street...I mean it's an average of like $125 or so, they should easily be able to make that up in the selling cost.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Many dealers look at alignment as a "factory done" thing on new vehicles. Add to that, some dealers that just "check the boxes" on the set up sheet and do nothing other than put on the wheels.

It seems to now be a proven fact, that factory set up does not a perfect alignment make.
    How customer oriented a particular dealer is, then is the next step.

This is why we occasionally (not as much lately), hear how the Spyder just purchased drives like a POS right out of the box.
    Yes... from year-old info in that other alignment thread comes this:
    Up until early 2014, when BRP finally admitted that their factory assembly-line methods *might* lead to incorrect wheel alignment, Dealers were NOT REQUIRED to check that before selling a new Spyder. They just did a pre-sale assembly from the crate and a safety check but, by the time they hit the road in Australia, alignment was wrong, and often by a huge amount.
    (Emphasis added by moboy)
    My NEW toy pulls quite hard to the right, such that I can never release the handlebar and my back muscles become achy tired very quickly on longer rydes.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    My NEW toy pulls quite hard to the right, such that I can never release the handlebar and my back muscles become achy tired very quickly on longer rydes.
    You really need to get an alignment. Riding should be fun not a form of torture.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Can someone tell me what the average price of the laser alignment is? I think we need to get it done and was curious of the cost. Thanks.
    Wife has a 2014 ST-L
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

The median is probably somewhere in the $100-$140 range. Prices vary so shopping around is worthwhile. Mine was $125.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S