Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT Black handlebar

Stock black handle bar for Spyder RT 2010 thru 2016. Great upgrade for the older matte grey handlebars.

Asking $100 plus shipping. Pre delivery take off part so its never been used.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you've ever been bugged by the reflected glare from the gray handlebars; you NEED these!!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Did I read somewhere that these bars will work on an RSS model and replace the need for risers? Or did I just dream that?

roller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Did I read somewhere that these bars will work on an RSS model and replace the need for risers? Or did I just dream that?

roller
    The RT handlebars are not really handle bars. He is selling the top cover (that makes up the handle bars e.g. the grips bolt to it) and the bottom covers. So without all the other parts of a RT handle bar set, you cannot use it.

I have seen a picture of a RS with the RT's Tri-axis handlebars installed. Not sure how they went about doing that.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Here is a post where a guy put them on a ST. I also saw a pic of them on a RSS somewhere on here.

You might PM him and ask what all is involved with the conversion. My take is, if the tri-axis bars work on a RSS/ST then the stock ones would too...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...light=tri-axis

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Here is a post with them on a RSS. You might PM Spyder Woman about it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...light=tri-axis

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Very interested in them. How easy are they to switch out? Any instructions out there for this?

Spyder Garage

It works. I just did it today on my 2015 RS SM5. I picked up some RT stock handlebar covers on ebay for $90 (including the lower covers). I would definitely not consider myself mechanically talented but I was able to do it. I just followed the instructions from a post on 2/26/14 2013 Spyder RS - ST Handlebar Swap. It took me several hours (and a couple of beers). I have had to order a LH cover for an SM5 - the set I got on ebay was for an SE5 and did not work for the clutch lever side. It actually arrived in a TriAxis box. The previous owner must have upgraded. Now I just have to get my body adjusted to the new seating position which puts me further back and more upright. It takes a lot of weight off of my hands and arms.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GK72Cane View Post
    It works. I just did it today on my 2015 RS SM5. I picked up some RT stock handlebar covers on ebay for $90 (including the lower covers). I would definitely not consider myself mechanically talented but I was able to do it. I just followed the instructions from a post on 2/26/14 2013 Spyder RS - ST Handlebar Swap. It took me several hours (and a couple of beers). I have had to order a LH cover for an SM5 - the set I got on ebay was for an SE5 and did not work for the clutch lever side. It actually arrived in a TriAxis box. The previous owner must have upgraded. Now I just have to get my body adjusted to the new seating position which puts me further back and more upright. It takes a lot of weight off of my hands and arms.
    Good to know. So on the RS, the left and right grips bolt onto the handlebar top cover just like on a RT?

I figured the ST did but was unsure of the RS.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderltd78 View Post
    Very interested in them. How easy are they to switch out? Any instructions out there for this?

PM Sent. Instructions for R&R are in the service manual. There are a few items that are not obvious but they are not difficult to change with instructions. Not nearly as hard as installing the Tri-Axis bars.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Good to know. So on the RS, the left and right grips bolt onto the handlebar top cover just like on a RT?

I figured the ST did but was unsure of the RS.

Bob
    They are the same. The only thing that is different is that the undercovers for the RT bars require 4 screws each whereas the RS are 2 screws. I got the additional screws from my local True Value hardware for $0.55 a piece. I also learned by trial and error that when reattaching the grips, you first attach the clamps with the 4 screws just enough to hold the piece in place and then you slide the grips in and then tighten the screws up. I also had to loosen the banjo bolt on the clutch hose and redirect it slightly because it was hitting the new handlebar cover.

One other thing that was not covered in the instructions I followed was that you have to remove the Steering Central Cover that covers the ignition switch. You can't see the screws but they are at the top of the cover. You just have to feel around for them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GK72Cane View Post
    They are the same. The only thing that is different is that the undercovers for the RT bars require 4 screws each whereas the RS are 2 screws. I got the additional screws from my local True Value hardware for $0.55 a piece. I also learned by trial and error that when reattaching the grips, you first attach the clamps with the 4 screws just enough to hold the piece in place and then you slide the grips in and then tighten the screws up. I also had to loosen the banjo bolt on the clutch hose and redirect it slightly because it was hitting the new handlebar cover.

One other thing that was not covered in the instructions I followed was that you have to remove the Steering Central Cover that covers the ignition switch. You can't see the screws but they are at the top of the cover. You just have to feel around for them.
    Yes.... same thing I show on my Tri-axis handlebar install video series
    I had to move the hose as well even on my SM5 RT.

JC..... for someone wanting to do this on a RS or ST and based on what GK72Cane said, it's pretty much the same. Feel free to point someone to the videos. Good part is maybe the RS does not need the top fairing removed like the RT

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black