Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank protector

Spyder Garage

Default Tank protector

So I noticed the other day in the sun, my jacket seems to be starting to scratch the black tank right where it meets the seat front. BRP does not carry a protector sticker for that area on the F3, nor will they next year. Anyone have any other source for a clear plastic sticker type protector I can custom fit for that area?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEZL600EFI View Post
    So I noticed the other day in the sun, my jacket seems to be starting to scratch the black tank right where it meets the seat front. BRP does not carry a protector sticker for that area on the F3, nor will they next year. Anyone have any other source for a clear plastic sticker type protector I can custom fit for that area?
    I took mine to place that does clear bras for cars, they put a clear piece on there and you can hardly tell unless you're looking for it.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

BRP supplied to squares of clear plastic to protect the panel by the passenger pegs when they are up, my plan is to use those as a tank protector
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I feel stupid never thought to look to our sponsors. That's perfect, especially cause I am going to use a key ring and have a garage remote and the urban rack key dangling around up there too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The application may say dry application but don’t try it that way. Spray a little water on your tank and put the tank guard on that way so you can position it the way you want it and then squiggly the water out. Dry application is impossible around the wide part of the tank.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    BRP supplied to squares of clear plastic to protect the panel by the passenger pegs when they are up, my plan is to use those as a tank protector

I always wondered what those were for. My dealer put them in my Frunk. I keep my passenger pegs down since this is how I mount the F3

Spyder Garage

is that just a little strip on top of the tank rather than covering the entire thing, or is it clear and then has the colored strip? If it's just the top black part, that wouldn't prevent the scratches at my house

The clear bra that is on mine can be seen in this picture (see the line between the gas cap and the seat?). It goes from the white panel across the black panel and over to the white panel, covering all of the black paint. It's been in place since March and still looks and works fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The wrap my spyder pictures kind of shows what it is. For the price you may be better off going to a clear bra place to see how much they would charge and it would cover more of the tank as well. So far the wrap my spyder tank guard has prevented any scratches but it is pretty expensive for what it actually covers.

Spyder Garage

The plastic squares that come with the Spyder are for the frame next to where your feet rest. They use the same squares for the passenger pegs but you have to buy them. If your dealer gave you four squares then you got a good deal!

Spyder Garage

Default Tank Protector

Follow the lead to Wrap My Spyder, I just put the carbon fiber one on my F3S and it looks fantastic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    Follow the lead to Wrap My Spyder, I just put the carbon fiber one on my F3S and it looks fantastic.
    picture possible??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I purchased some 3M 1080 carbon fiber look vinyl and applied it myself. I used cutting tape (removeable) to designate the coverage area, applied the vinyl 'wet' then used the cutting tape to make clean edges. A little heat to the vinyl set it nicely. I used one piece from the key area down to the front of the seat.
    Last edited by hondagal; 10-08-2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot info: I also applied clear vinyl to each side of the tank where pants may rub.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Guess they work

I got mine more for the patrotic theme of my bike , fyi most bike shops have them, plenty on ebay& http://www.lethalthreat.com has good quality & selection. But may find cheaper elsewhere.
    Just clean area good first with alcohol & let evaporate dry. Then after you have pad/decal in place keep pressure on it good 20min or more. Something hevy & soft that will conform to shape of tank (bag of sand works great)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Tank Protector Material

Try going to a place like Joanne's Fabric and buy a piece of clear plastic vinyl. You can buy enough to do the whole bike for under $5.00. I had enough to do several trial and error attempts before I got a good look on my C14 and still had plenty left over. It comes in several thicknesses. Just wet it and apply, squeegee it out and let it dry. Works great! BTW, I've been a lurker on this site for about a year and finally signed up. I've had 2 demo rides on the F3 since they came out and was very impressed with the performance. After having my knee replaced I'm thinking harder about one. Just have to convince the wife.......

Spyder Garage

Product sold in San Antonio, Tx.....................Xpel Protective Film. Easy to install. Comes in several sizes. I installed it on the sides where my knees could possibly scratch there. Love it and reasonably prices.

Spyder Garage

I found out the place that did my business signs and truck lettering does custom clear paint proctor with Xpel. I am stopping there on my home today.

Spyder Garage

The owners manual shows to place them on the frame just aft of the driver pegs.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    is that just a little strip on top of the tank rather than covering the entire thing, or is it clear and then has the colored strip? If it's just the top black part, that wouldn't prevent the scratches at my house

The clear bra that is on mine can be seen in this picture (see the line between the gas cap and the seat?). It goes from the white panel across the black panel and over to the white panel, covering all of the black paint. It's been in place since March and still looks and works fine.
    That's the way mine is also. works great.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hondagal View Post
    I purchased some 3M 1080 carbon fiber look vinyl and applied it myself. I used cutting tape (removeable) to designate the coverage area, applied the vinyl 'wet' then used the cutting tape to make clean edges. A little heat to the vinyl set it nicely. I used one piece from the key area down to the front of the seat.
    Thanks for the info. I'll try this.
    2015 ST L , Denim - matte

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW F3 Tank Protector in Real Carbon Fiber

In addition to our textured carbon fiber and clear paint protection film we now have our NEW F3 tank protector available in the same material out dash kits are produced out of. In this photo you will see we installed a piece of Red vinyl on the tank before applying the new F3 Spine tank protector in our real carbon fiber. These will be available in all of our current dash kit color options. These are available on our website here.

F3 Spine real carbon fiber.jpgNEW F3 Spine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector close Red.jpgNEW F3 Spine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector w red.jpgNEW F3 Spine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector.jpg

Last edited by Spyder Wraps Pete; 07-21-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Wraps Pete View Post
    In addition to our textured carbon fiber and clear paint protection film we now have our NEW F3 tank protector available in the same material out dash kits are produced out of. In this photo you will see we installed a piece of Red vinyl on the tank before applying the new F3 Spine tank protector in our real carbon fiber. These will be available in all of our current dash kit color options. These are available on our website here.

F3 Spine real carbon fiber.jpgNEW F3 Spine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector close Red.jpgNEW F3 Spine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector w red.jpgNEW F3 Spine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector.jpg

Still does not cover where needed. On the sides where your thighs touch the tank

Spyder Garage

2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by hondagal View Post